Photo

Mexicana Airlines going bankrupt!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lalanyc

lalanyc
  • 363 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:35 PM

Has anyone booked  or have guests that booked flights through them? I tried calling their hotline but I'm disconnected immediately!  Has anyone managed to get through?

It looks like flights based out of the U.S. will be affected.  eeeek!   Would love to have my guests' flights transferred so they dont have any problems!   

#2 jesmcan

jesmcan
    • 1,091 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by lalanyc 

Has anyone booked  or have guests that booked flights through them? I tried calling their hotline but I'm disconnected immediately!  Has anyone managed to get through?

It looks like flights based out of the U.S. will be affected.  eeeek!   Would love to have my guests' flights transferred so they dont have any problems!   

I was able to get a hold of them. Almost all our guests are booked through Mexicana. They told me none of our flights had been affected. I called our TA to confirm as well and she said right now they are still honoring all flights.

The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#3 josietoms

josietoms
      • 765 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:30 PM

At present according to the news they are honoring all flights but have filed for bankruptcy - until this goes through the flights are operating as normal.

Josie x

#4 lalanyc

lalanyc
        • 363 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:13 AM

I was able to follow up w/ them too.  Even though flights are currently planned to operate as scheduled, they did advise to call them about 4-5 weeks before the departure dates b/c they may decide to eventually cancel those flights.  If that's the case, they would need to re-book people on flights through partners carriers.  

Not very comforting but I guess there's not much we can do for now.... 

#5 evaleen

evaleen
          • 47 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:38 AM

OMG...I hope all of you and your guests' flights will not be affected by this! 

#6 peterpanpixiedust

peterpanpixiedust
            • 656 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:09 PM

that is horrible!  My prayers go out to you all involved!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users