Photo

OOT Bags for a Large Wedding Group

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 want2gosouth

want2gosouth
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:03 AM

My Sister will be expecting 60+ Guests at her Destination wedding and was wondering if you did 1 OOT Bag per family or one per guest? Also, did you bring the bags down with you in your luggage or hand them out at home?

Thanks in adavance!

#2 lilboltz10

lilboltz10
    • 102 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:16 AM

Hey -- my DW will have approximately 100 guests, almost all couples.  I decided to hang out 1 bag for each couple.  I am giving 1 bag per single person and 1 bag per child, too.  The bag for the child has games and sand castle making things like small rakes and shovels.  I had an initial plan for the OOT bags but quickly nixed it when I realized how many bags I needed and now my OOT items are lighter (tylenol packs, pepto, etc -- hangover kit) than my original plan (full size sunscreen, aloe vera, etc). 

I think we will be bringing down roughly 55 OOT bags.  Not fun but it's gotta be done! :)    

#3 want2gosouth

want2gosouth
      • 155 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:23 AM

Yeah I think I will be helping my sister out with bringing down supplies and such in my luggage...just wasn't sure how much I should expect to bring!

Good idea on packing lighter and smaller items...with all the great ideas I am sure the lists can get out of control!

#4 vcwedding2011

vcwedding2011
        • 286 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:39 PM

One per family is fine, maybe you can add the extras if its more than two folks per family (like couple with kids get more maybe).

I say bring it all down with you.  It's nice to receive your guests with a toke of your thanks for traveling to be with you on your special day

#5 hzak1203

hzak1203
          • 177 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:56 PM

We are going on a cruise and I am doing one per cabin and having them placed in the cabin before they enter.

#6 want2gosouth

want2gosouth
            • 155 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:09 AM

Thanks all!

#7 Raazzy5711

Raazzy5711
              • 217 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:06 PM

My OOT bags are super expensive but they come in three sizes so I am doing the medium and small one for the couples and a large one for the singles

#8 FutureMrsTO

FutureMrsTO
                • 109 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:52 PM

for you ladies who are having a large number of guests-what items did you include? i need 71 bags and am struggling to make the bags look filled and stay with in  a budget

#9 Princess402

Princess402
                  • 737 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by FutureMrsTO 

for you ladies who are having a large number of guests-what items did you include? i need 71 bags and am struggling to make the bags look filled and stay with in  a budget

Wow I have the same question but I only have like 25 bags to fill!!! Lol. You have got a HUGE group - what an amazing trip that will be!

But yes, can definitely see the trouble of the OOT bags and other things with that many guests!

#10 cookiemunchkin

cookiemunchkin
                    • 376 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:42 AM

I love the idea of one bag per couple, and then a bag for each single person.  I was torn between one bag for each room or one bag per person...  but in some cases (where there are 2 guys sharing a room for example) it just didn't seem to make sense.  Great idea!

FutureMrsTO - one thing I'm doing that might work well for you is put slighly different items in each persons bag.  For example, maybe a frisbee in one bag, but a deck of cards in the next bag, and a beach ball in another bag.  Not every person needs a frisbee/deck of cards/etc since people will be playing with others.  This way you're still including a whole bunch of different items, but it wont be as expensive with all the bags you need to do!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users