Photo

Song for bridesmaids

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 LisaandJeff

LisaandJeff
  • 296 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:59 AM

We're thinking of "The Sound of Sunshine" by Michael Franti or "I Like You" by SJ.  Both are happy and mellow, a lot like the feel of Jack Johnson. 

June 18, 2011 * Cabo Azul Resort

#12 Mmack

Mmack
    • 118 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:52 PM

thanks for the great ideas

Our wedding is in 11 weeks!!! Can't wait to be a Mrs.!!

#13 Peach

Peach
      • 1,293 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:52 PM

ooooh, Great thread! Hmmmm..... now I need to put some thought to this... great ideas! Keep them coming!

#14 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
        • 1,008 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:04 PM

http://youtu.be/V1bFr2SWP1I

I have to say this is going to be my bridesmaid song!! It makes me smile and think of how things can be so simple!!

<3 it!!

#15 Peach

Peach
          • 1,293 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:21 PM

This might be my favourite song right now! I want it for everything.... originally thought I might walk up the aisle to it, but am now thinking of walking back down (recessional) instead to it.... not sure, but I sure love it! So perfect for a destination wedding!!!

I also like Till there Was You (Beatles), God Only Knows (Beach Boys), The Rainbow Connection (my alltime favourite song!!!)..... so many ideas! I think I am just going to first compile a list of all the songs I want, then allocate them to specific times/people.

Is anyone walking down the aisle to the same song as the bridal party? I only have 2 BM.... Trying to decide if I should have the same song for the parents, groom, and the bridal party, then a separate one for me, or seat the parents right before the processional and then start with just one song for the bms and me.... and maybe come in at the bridge of the song or something....

hmm.... What do you think?

Originally Posted by Sllefebvr 

http://youtu.be/V1bFr2SWP1I

I have to say this is going to be my bridesmaid song!! It makes me smile and think of how things can be so simple!!

<3 it!!

#16 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
            • 1,008 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:43 PM

I am having the Somewhere Over The Rainbow playing during the flowergirl, bridesmaids, and parents.. something different for me because I feel as though we should be the spotlight not just blend into everyone else!!

This might be my favourite song right now! I want it for everything.... originally thought I might walk up the aisle to it, but am now thinking of walking back down (recessional) instead to it.... not sure, but I sure love it! So perfect for a destination wedding!!!

I also like Till there Was You (Beatles), God Only Knows (Beach Boys), The Rainbow Connection (my alltime favourite song!!!)..... so many ideas! I think I am just going to first compile a list of all the songs I want, then allocate them to specific times/people.

Is anyone walking down the aisle to the same song as the bridal party? I only have 2 BM.... Trying to decide if I should have the same song for the parents, groom, and the bridal party, then a separate one for me, or seat the parents right before the processional and then start with just one song for the bms and me.... and maybe come in at the bridge of the song or something....

hmm.... What do you think?

#17 Peach

Peach
              • 1,293 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:56 PM

That is so funny! This is the song that makes me want to walk in on my own too! Love your taste in music! This might be MY song after all... love that song, and that version is perfect!

#18 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
                • 1,008 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:02 PM

Yay!!!! Two great minds think alike!!!! :) When I heard this song I knew instantly that this was the song!!! :)

I am also loving this one maybe for a dance song at the reception!!

That is so funny! This is the song that makes me want to walk in on my own too! Love your taste in music! This might be MY song after all... love that song, and that version is perfect!

#19 asiamarie1

asiamarie1
                  • 239 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:25 PM

You all have some awesome ideas for songs, I haven't even thought about songs except the one I want to dance to which is It's your love with Tim McGraw and Faith Hill

#20 Peach

Peach
                    • 1,293 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:47 PM

HAHAHAHA I love that one too! Only I do not know where to put it.... hmm...

Originally Posted by Sllefebvr 

Yay!!!! Two great minds think alike!!!! :) When I heard this song I knew instantly that this was the song!!! :)

I am also loving this one maybe for a dance song at the reception!!

http://youtu.be/zMtUxTeDYtY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users