Photo

Wedding Favors?

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#41 Janet1480

Janet1480
  • 709 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:35 PM

what about something like axe body spray or something along those lines?

Originally Posted by KCB2011 

We ordered wholesale embroidered towels and those will be our favours but we are putting them in the welcome bags - we figured it would be something that everyone would likely use when they got home (throw it in their linen closet with their other towels!).  I am also getting pashminas for the ladies BUT having a major problem thinking of what to get the guys!  I have had lots of suggestions about rum, shot glasses, etc but we have a lot of people who are coming who are decidedly NON-drinkers and I want the gift to be appropriate for all of the guests, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!  I am hoping to give these out at the reception (basket with pashminas at entrance area with a basket of something for the guys!  Dilemma, dilemma!

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#42 KCB2011

KCB2011
    • 308 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:10 PM

lesee - we ordered from www.towelsoutlet.com - we were going to get beach towels but had a strict budget for favors so we ended up going with a bath towel that was a little bit cheaper, although the beach towels were still a good price, depending on how many you need to get.  Just a tip, the price on the site doesn't include the embroidering cost, which is about $2.50 per towel extra.  Let me know if you have any other questions!

#43 lesee

lesee
      • 320 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:02 AM

Hi KCB2011

We've decided to taylor our OOT bags to each guest as we're having a very small wedding - just family - it's about 18 people. We've decided to get books or mags that each person will enjoy (we are on a budget as well so costco is our best friend for that kind of stuff), we're getting hand sanitizer, we're also going to get a few postcards for each person while down in DR and make sure they have postage on them with the idea that by the end of our stay, they will write their favorite memory of the week and mail it to us from DR. I think that will be a great keepsake. My sister is also an Arbonne rep so I was thinking to get every couple some after Arbonne sun lotion and maybe a bunch of suncreen samples and the like from her. Among the typical advil, immodium, bandaids, double sided tape, safey pins - the kids will be getting books and sand toys and candy.  For our favours at the reception, we're likely going to get small tins of our favourite loose leaf tea either from Silk Road in Victoria or David's Tea here in vancouver - it will be super easy to personalize and I know everyone coming loves tea - except the kids of course!

We ordered wholesale embroidered towels and those will be our favours but we are putting them in the welcome bags - we figured it would be something that everyone would likely use when they got home (throw it in their linen closet with their other towels!).  I am also getting pashminas for the ladies BUT having a major problem thinking of what to get the guys!  I have had lots of suggestions about rum, shot glasses, etc but we have a lot of people who are coming who are decidedly NON-drinkers and I want the gift to be appropriate for all of the guests, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!  I am hoping to give these out at the reception (basket with pashminas at entrance area with a basket of something for the guys!  Dilemma, dilemma!

#44 lesee

lesee
        • 320 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:03 AM

I totally forgot we're making "mix tape" CD's as well! Summer type music that our guests can play in their rooms!

Originally Posted by lesee 

Hi KCB2011

We've decided to taylor our OOT bags to each guest as we're having a very small wedding - just family - it's about 18 people. We've decided to get books or mags that each person will enjoy (we are on a budget as well so costco is our best friend for that kind of stuff), we're getting hand sanitizer, we're also going to get a few postcards for each person while down in DR and make sure they have postage on them with the idea that by the end of our stay, they will write their favorite memory of the week and mail it to us from DR. I think that will be a great keepsake. My sister is also an Arbonne rep so I was thinking to get every couple some after Arbonne sun lotion and maybe a bunch of suncreen samples and the like from her. Among the typical advil, immodium, bandaids, double sided tape, safey pins - the kids will be getting books and sand toys and candy.  For our favours at the reception, we're likely going to get small tins of our favourite loose leaf tea either from Silk Road in Victoria or David's Tea here in vancouver - it will be super easy to personalize and I know everyone coming loves tea - except the kids of course!

#45 KCB2011

KCB2011
          • 308 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:43 AM

Those are great ideas!  We will have about 40 people coming so it will be harder to personalize each bag for us!  I am looking for some sunscreen and some OFF for each bag as I think that people are likely to forget bug repellent...I have been told that people may need bug repellent if you are having an outdoor reception so I want to make sure I include that!  I wish I had some original ideas like you and so many of the brides on this forum!

#46 Janet1480

Janet1480
            • 709 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:56 AM

Thats part of the fun of this forum...you can get some great ideas from all these savvy women and make them your own through your own wedding colors and if you have a monogram or maybe add your own theme to the idea. :) I have seen some pretty amazing and creative ideas on this site...i have been noting them all down and then when i get to those things i will pull out all my notes and create my own ideas :) its so much fun!

Those are great ideas!  We will have about 40 people coming so it will be harder to personalize each bag for us!  I am looking for some sunscreen and some OFF for each bag as I think that people are likely to forget bug repellent...I have been told that people may need bug repellent if you are having an outdoor reception so I want to make sure I include that!  I wish I had some original ideas like you and so many of the brides on this forum!

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#47 lesee

lesee
              • 320 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:12 PM

That's why you're here! to get ideas!

#48 ashley1316

ashley1316
                • 353 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:13 AM

My wedding favours came last week! woohoo. My only issue is, is that i cant find a tea light to fit the hole. might do some candy instead.

favour1.jpg

#49 jinxd31

jinxd31
                  • 6 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:58 AM

We ordered starfish bottle openers from http://www.littlethi...m/stdeboop.html . - I'll probably end up putting them in more personalized boxes .

bottleopeners.png

#50 GreekFood

GreekFood
                    • 165 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:50 PM

Gorgeous ideas ladies! Thanks for sharing!

Punta Cana, DR 01.16.2012

61 booked and counting!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users