Photo

Married before your destination wedding?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
  • 995 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:44 PM

my husband (I JUST LOVE SAYING THAT) and i got married at home..in TX you have that as a choice.  i wanted to avoid the courthouse at all cost...

we used a great officiant and he came to our home and married us.  it was just the two of us and it was the most intimate and loving ceremony, ever.  i lit candles, put up a few of our destination wedding decorations (check out my planning thread for pics) and we had our ceremony in the comforts and privacy of our own home.  today is actually one month since our at home ceremony. 

getting the legal part out of the way will save us hundreds when we jump the broom in jamaica plus my husband got the small, intimate ceremony that he wanted and i get the big splashy beach affair in 5 weeks...

i always knew i was among one of the luckiest girls on earth...i got the guy AND i get to marry him twice...woo hoo!!!

as always, happy planning, all!!

R~

#22 ndvidul

ndvidul
    • 317 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:37 AM

You've got my wheels turning!  This sounds a lot more appealing than the courthouse to me.  I realize we'll be doing this in different states, but did your officiant also take care of your marriage license?  How do I find your planning thread?  (I'm still figuring out this site!) 

Originally Posted by futuremrstgun 

my husband (I JUST LOVE SAYING THAT) and i got married at home..in TX you have that as a choice.  i wanted to avoid the courthouse at all cost...

we used a great officiant and he came to our home and married us.  it was just the two of us and it was the most intimate and loving ceremony, ever.  i lit candles, put up a few of our destination wedding decorations (check out my planning thread for pics) and we had our ceremony in the comforts and privacy of our own home.  today is actually one month since our at home ceremony. 

getting the legal part out of the way will save us hundreds when we jump the broom in jamaica plus my husband got the small, intimate ceremony that he wanted and i get the big splashy beach affair in 5 weeks...

i always knew i was among one of the luckiest girls on earth...i got the guy AND i get to marry him twice...woo hoo!!!

as always, happy planning, all!!

R~

#23 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
      • 995 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:21 AM

hi there...ndvidul!

you can access my planning thread by clicking the link below...or click my name and take a peak at all of my posts...

You've got my wheels turning!  This sounds a lot more appealing than the courthouse to me.  I realize we'll be doing this in different states, but did your officiant also take care of your marriage license?  How do I find your planning thread?  (I'm still figuring out this site!) 

#24 ndvidul

ndvidul
        • 317 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:22 PM

Thank you so much, futuremrstgun!  (or should I say mrstgun?) :)  Can't wait to look at your thread and see if we can have an officiant perform ours at home as well.

Happy planning to you!  So excited for you that your date is around the corner. :)

#25 St Maarte Bride

St Maarte Bride
          • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:03 PM

We got married In St Maarten in March , the wedding coordinator told us to take a certified copy of our marriage License to our county court house and file it , this is our legal marriage certificate mind you , and they would NOT take it here in Carlisle,PA they said they only file marriage licenses that they issued !! We live in this county , and I don't understand there rules , wow that sucks !! I still don't know what we need to do with this , we are legall according to our ML in the country of the Netherlands but Im not sure if that's legal here or if we need to renew our vows and get a ML here now ? When I find out I will post !! .....Susie S

#26 MrsShoreytobe

MrsShoreytobe
            • 315 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:24 AM

Good to have more details on this aspect of DWs! We plan on getting married at the courthouse right before we leave, so that on the wedding day itself we will "finalizing" the big day!!! :)

#27 gresley

gresley
              • 164 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

Brides married at home -- how did you find officiants?

#28 tarynh86

tarynh86
                • 151 posts
                • Wedding Date:April 1, 2015
                • Wedding Location:dreams punta cana
                • Locationontario Canada

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:07 PM

I'm getting married at city hall first by a justice of the peace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users