Jump to content

Photo

Honeymoon Registry - What do you think?


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

    Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:47 PM

    Has anyone here done a honeymoon registry? We've already got a house and most of the things to go in it. We don't really need or want china or other dishes/kitchen appliances that we'll just have to move again eventually... What we'd REALLY love is an AWESOME honeymoon in Jamaica!!!

    So, be honest - do you think it's tacky to go this nontraditional route?!?

    ~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

    We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

    We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!


    #2 CourtneyV

    CourtneyV
    • Sr. Member
    • 4,979 posts

      Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:48 PM

      I've heard of it before, and I think it's the best idea ever!! What the heck do you need another toaster for anyways?!
      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

      #3 foxytv

      foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

        Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:51 PM

        There are a couple other threads on this as well ... but this one has info on a couple different options.

        http://bestdestinati....-registry.html

        #4 JaimeLynne

        JaimeLynne
        • VIP Member
        • 4,791 posts

          Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:08 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by foxytv
          There are a couple other threads on this as well ... but this one has info on a couple different options.

          http://bestdestinati....-registry.html
          Thanks! To be honest, I was being lazy - I thought I had remembered a thread about this...

          I went and posted in the other thread. :)

          ~ Jaime & Martin ~
          "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

          We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

          We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!


          #5 CourtneyV

          CourtneyV
          • Sr. Member
          • 4,979 posts

            Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:10 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by JaimeLynne
            Thanks! To be honest, I was being lazy - I thought I had remembered a thread about this...

            I went and posted in the other thread. :)
            tsk tsk, consider yourself banned!!!!

            lol... totally kidding.... maybe! :P
            Happily Married since May 9, 2008
            Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

            #6 DreamsTulumBride

            DreamsTulumBride
            • Member
            • 766 posts

              Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:14 PM

              jaime, thst is a great idea! My TA was the one that 1st mentioned this to me...she said more and more couples put their travel agency on the registry so that they can have a trip that they would normally not have ($$$$)

              #7 JaimeLynne

              JaimeLynne
              • VIP Member
              • 4,791 posts

                Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:45 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by CourtneyV
                tsk tsk, consider yourself banned!!!!

                lol... totally kidding.... maybe! :P
                lol, maybe I needed this sign:

                (Jeez, that's a scary thought ~ what would I do without this place?!?)

                ~ Jaime & Martin ~
                "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

                We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

                We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!


                #8 Jenn

                Jenn
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,557 posts

                  Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:52 AM

                  We registered for our honeymoon at TheBigDay.com - we also booked our hotel for the honeymoon through them, which means they don't charge you a registry fee. They actually got us a great deal at the 2 hotels we picked out, much better than what the hotels were offering. If you decide to use them, and want to have them book for you, ask for Patti. She specializes in Jamaica and was REALLY helpful!

                  We are also doing an in store registry at Bed Bath and Beyond, for those that don't feel comfortable with the honeymoon registry idea. That being said, we are having an AHR a month after the wedding. I really hope people will use our honeymoon registry though - we live together and really have everything we need!

                  #9 gkashmira

                  gkashmira
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,962 posts

                    Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:53 AM

                    My friend at work did it and loved it. What they ended up doing which was an amazing touch (and I'm sure took a lot of time and effort on their part) is that they literally took a picture of themselves doing all the wonderful things they registered for and got. Then when they sent their thank you cards they included a copy of the picture.

                    anyway incase you decided to do it and want to be ambitious about how to thank people!

                    We were totally going to do one at the same place (I posted a thread about it somewhere - I have no idea where it is now) but then I got lazy and well Indian tradition has people sending money anyway so we just used the money for our honeymoon
                    Kashmira & Dan
                    Happily married since June 16, 2007
                    http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
                    Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                    Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

                    #10 JaimeLynne

                    JaimeLynne
                    • VIP Member
                    • 4,791 posts

                      Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:58 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Hopels
                      We registered for our honeymoon at TheBigDay.com - we also booked our hotel for the honeymoon through them, which means they don't charge you a registry fee. They actually got us a great deal at the 2 hotels we picked out, much better than what the hotels were offering. If you decide to use them, and want to have them book for you, ask for Patti. She specializes in Jamaica and was REALLY helpful!

                      We are also doing an in store registry at Bed Bath and Beyond, for those that don't feel comfortable with the honeymoon registry idea. That being said, we are having an AHR a month after the wedding. I really hope people will use our honeymoon registry though - we live together and really have everything we need!
                      The lady's name doesn't happen to be Patti Jo does it?

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by gkashmira
                      My friend at work did it and loved it. What they ended up doing which was an amazing touch (and I'm sure took a lot of time and effort on their part) is that they literally took a picture of themselves doing all the wonderful things they registered for and got. Then when they sent their thank you cards they included a copy of the picture.

                      anyway incase you decided to do it and want to be ambitious about how to thank people!

                      We were totally going to do one at the same place (I posted a thread about it somewhere - I have no idea where it is now) but then I got lazy and well Indian tradition has people sending money anyway so we just used the money for our honeymoon
                      I love that idea. I think it makes it so special that ppl can actually see you enjoying what they picked out. Then again, money is always good...

                      ~ Jaime & Martin ~
                      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

                      We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

                      We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!





                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users