• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 tvt

tvt
  • VIP Member
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:17 PM

ohhh Bermuda!! Tahiti sounds great too!

If i hadn't been to cayman islands before i'd really consider going there. i loved it!

or St Martin/St Marteen.. looked there as a possible wedding location too!

basically just don't want a place that is a huge mega resort. more botiquey and laidback/fun

#22 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:18 PM

Tara I agree with Heidi, don't do anything without going with a reputable company. We honestly only left the resort once and I don't regret it, I was so tired and just wanted to enjoy my hubby, I figured there will be other vacations where we can do it all.
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#23 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
    • VIP Member
    • 4,116 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:31 PM

One of the managers in my office went to Bermuda last year and absolutely LOVED it! And he's a pretty well traveled dude! Def. worth looking into.

#24 TracyK

TracyK
      • 206 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:10 PM

Have you looked into an long cruise? You could see many of the Caribbean islands in the same trip.

#25 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:26 PM

I think the cruise idea is great, we actually looked into that but we didn't have enough time.
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#26 jajajaja

jajajaja
        • VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:41 PM

haha too funny. All those places sound great. Good luck.

My only suggestion...start your wedding dress shopping now. It's SOOOOO hard!
          Happily married since 2008

#27 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:20 AM

There are so many cool places to go I know how hard it is to settle on one!! I think there are dangerous places almost everywhere, not just Jamaica. Some people think Mexico is dangerous but we got married there without a problem. We had no problem with safety in Jamaica, on or off the resort. The Jamaicans I spoke with were actually saddened that people are afraid of them.

A co-worker's niece went to Belize and stayed in a very upscale resort, was kidnapped from her room at night, beaten, and raped - but it doesn't mean it happens to everyone who goes to Belize. The first time I went to Hawaii a crazy local tried to physically attack me for being on his spot on the beach. You never know, I always believe if something is meant to happen to you it will no matter where you are.

If you're worried I think a cruise is the best way to be shielded from potential trouble, plus you can see way more places like the others said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users