Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tvt

honeymoon registry

Recommended Posts

We are using Honey fund as there is NO FEE. Free honeymoon registry - give and receive honeymoon gifts. No fees, no strings - Honeyfund.com

It isn't as nice but you can make up fun things to do. We also have 2 households worth of stuff and don't need things. The guests will send us checks in the mail and that is nice becase we don't have to wait for one big pay out. Does that make sense?

Here is ours Stephanie Fricke and Chris Pelach on Honeyfund.com, the free honeymoon registry

feel free to buy us stuff rolleyes.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie 525 View Post
We are using Honey fund as there is NO FEE. Free honeymoon registry - give and receive honeymoon gifts. No fees, no strings - Honeyfund.com
It isn't as nice but you can make up fun things to do. We also have 2 households worth of stuff and don't need things. The guests will send us checks in the mail and that is nice becase we don't have to wait for one big pay out. Does that make sense?
Here is ours Stephanie Fricke and Chris Pelach on Honeyfund.com, the free honeymoon registry
feel free to buy us stuff rolleyes.gif
I really like that one too! PayPal does have fees assocaited with it ... (although they aren't 7%).

My only thought was that they will know the money is being sent directly to the couple as opposed to feeling like they are actually "purchasing" the gift itself. I guess you could set up the PayPal account any way you want though. Now that's got me thinking I should do it that way...

I guess it shouldn't matter either way ... but I have family who want to give gifts, but who I know wouldn't use the registry if they knew it was money instead of what they thought was an excursion or gift...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're using Honeymoon Wishes also, and the initial reaction we got from family/friends when they saw it on our website was that they were really excited about it! They thought the idea of purchasing "memories" instead of items was such a cool concept---- his siblings immediately started thinking about whether they wanted to get us horseback riding time, or swimming with dolphins, etc... They were probably more excited about it than we even were!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I love this idea!

 

Just a thought, for everyone doing the honeymoon registry is to make sure and take pictures doing what the gift was (unless it's something not so appropriate like a couples massage or something) and make sure to include a picture of you enjoying the horseback riding or whatever in your thank-you card. I think that would really make it special for the gift giver!

 

Just my two cents!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak27 View Post
So, I love this idea!

Just a thought, for everyone doing the honeymoon registry is to make sure and take pictures doing what the gift was (unless it's something not so appropriate like a couples massage or something) and make sure to include a picture of you enjoying the horseback riding or whatever in your thank-you card. I think that would really make it special for the gift giver!

Just my two cents!
What a simple, but PERFECT idea to truly let them know how much the gift is appreciated! And to let them know you put it to good use!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiStreak View Post
We're using Honeymoon Wishes also, and the initial reaction we got from family/friends when they saw it on our website was that they were really excited about it! They thought the idea of purchasing "memories" instead of items was such a cool concept---- his siblings immediately started thinking about whether they wanted to get us horseback riding time, or swimming with dolphins, etc... They were probably more excited about it than we even were!! :)
I found this off of Patti's site and am looking into it. We definitely don't need a bunch of "stuff" - we've already got a house full of "stuff"

What we would REALLY LOVE to have is a dream honeymoon! This is perfect for us! I'm glad to hear your family is excited about it. I was worried that it might come off as tacky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxytv View Post
What a simple, but PERFECT idea to truly let them know how much the gift is appreciated! And to let them know you put it to good use!!!
GREAT idea!!! I really want them to feel like they had a part in our enjoyment of the honeymoon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks.. i am a master diver and so is Brad so it will be a dream come true to dive the Great Barrier Reef. There are no fees for me either because Patti is also handling all of our 50 guests wedding week to RIU in Cabo. So its free and easy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics

×