Photo

please help

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 beck4883

beck4883
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:25 PM

hello everyone!!! i am beginning the planning process for a dw in june 2011. i am so overwhelmed with the resorts to choose from in mexico. can anyone advise a good wc/ta?

#2 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
    • Banned
    • 630 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:29 PM

From all the reviews on this forum, your best bet is to go with the travel agents associated with this site. Scroll up to the top of this page and click on the banner in the header. The different agents specialize in different resort brands, but I am sure any one of them could help go through your criteria and pick a resort that works best for you.

Just an FYI: I am interested in the Cancun/Riviera Maya part of Mexico and am pretty sure I will go with the Dreams resort brand (it is just too early for me to book a date). If you get a chance, go to the Dreams website and check out their wedding package info - I was hooked right then (well, the pkg info and of course the resort pics).

Good Luck. Courtney

#3 Mkandola

Mkandola
      • 200 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:46 PM

I booked my wedding at Dreams Rivera Cancun ... It looks like a beautiful place, so hopefully it is! The reason I chose this particular location was because it was newer than most of the other Dreams resorts in Mexico and it was the most affordable from Canada.

RIU is also a fantastic chain of hotels, and you would be sure to have a beautiful wedding at one of those as well! Good Luck

#4 Mkandola

Mkandola
        • 200 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:46 PM

I forgot to mention, that the hardest part about a DW is picking the location ... it is smooth sailing after that!

#5 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
          • 1,541 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:50 PM

I am getting married at Grand Palladium Kantenah in Riviera Maya, Mexico. Regarding a TA, I highly recommend using a BDW TA. We are using TA Wendy and she's fantastic, very quick to reply! Once you get the resort picked things go rather smooth I think!
            Married the love of my life in April!!

#6 msjulie5475

msjulie5475
            • 528 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:50 PM

I would suggest writing a list of must haves in a resort and for your wedding and contacting a TA. Good luck planning.

#7 dreamsmaybride

dreamsmaybride
              • 168 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:31 PM

I went to a wedding at Dreams Tulum a few years ago in May & it was gorgeous!

#8 nessa0308

nessa0308
                • 233 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:41 AM

I agree....that the hardest part about a DW is picking the location ... it is smooth sailing after that!

#9 fallfromgrace

fallfromgrace
                  • 200 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:11 PM

you will find so much information on W/c's and TA's on this forum, it will be amazing. :) Happy planning, I was at first dreading planning my wedding, but since I have found this forum, it has kept me sane and prevented me from becoming a bridezilla.

#10 klarson

klarson
                    • 153 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:48 AM

I am also booked at Dreams Riviera Cancun. It is beautiful!! Check into the Dreams resorts!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users