Sign in to follow this  
shellymr83

Dreams, Iberostar, or Occidental Allegro in Punta Cana?

Hello!

I am trying to plan my wedding for spring 2011 in Punta Cana, but can't decide which location to choose. Reading all the reviews on other sites is getting stressful and overwhelming!!! Does anyone have any opinions on these resorts or suggestions on which to choose? Also, I was planning on going in May of 2011 but I heard this was the rainy season, is that really a bad time to travel to Punta Cana?

Thanks so much!

I myself am getting married at Iberostar Bavaro in April of 2011. I have not been there before, but have a few friends that have and they all loved it. It was also our travel agent's number one choice for the money. I can tell you that the wedding coordinator there has been very good about getting back to me in a timely manner and has provided me any info i've asked for so far. I've also had very good experiences with the other Iberostars I've been to in Mexico.

As for Dreams, I was at Dreams Punta Cana in 2006. It was Sunscape the Beach then, and in my opinion was not nearly as good of a resort as it's rated. It may have improved now that Dreams has taken over, but that was my experience when I was there. We even found a rat in the pool one day!

Also, May is supposed to be a more rainy month...if you look at weather.com, you can find average rain totals for each month of the year. I believe May is almost twice as rainy as April, but then again that doesn't mean it will for sure rain either.

Good luck with your decision - I know it's nerve wracking, but one will eventually stick out to you!

Iberostar Bavaro ftw! Finally another bride on here to represent. I'm getting tired of looking at the Dominican threads with no Bavaro love!

I am having my wedding at the Iberostar Bavaro on March 15, 2011.  I have found the wedding coordinator to be extremely helpful and able to answer all of my question so far.  I did a lot of research online and didn't find any negative reviews of this resort, so I went with it. I've never stayed at an Iberostar before, but I know of friends and family who have and all had great experiences! 

Happy planning!

Hi everyone! I am looking into this resort too, it's between Grand Palladium and now Iberostar Bavaro! Have you looked at prices for flight plus hotel for Iberostar and what prices are you getting so far? I am wondering how expensive it will be for my guests to go there, and if it is above my limit I might have to go for Grand Palladium. Any feedback would  be great, thanks!!

So far, for 5-7 nights at Iberostar Bavaro w/ flight and transfers from Chicago, it's ~1200.  We found much cheaper prices for this summer, but that's what it's looking like so far for next. I'm hoping prices will eventually go down.

Hope this helps you.

We booked our trip two weeks ago for our wedding on April 8th. We researched prices through funjet.com and applevacations.com before we went to the travel agent, and it turned out that the funjet prices were slightly cheaper. The travel agent explained to us that the prices will be most expensive now since the trip is still 8 months out, but they will eventually go down some as the trip gets closer.  The travel agent ended up booking our trip through funjet because of the cheaper price, AND funjet has better insurance so it will be easier for us to get the trip for cheaper as the price goes down.

Prices vary both on how long you go for AND can vary depending on which day you leave, plus whether you do a non-stop flight or a flight with one connection. In looking at prices for our guests that the cheapest prices were flying down to PC on Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays. We are going for 13 days....our trip for the flight, hotel, tax and insurance for both of us came to $4899, not bad at all considering the price is still at it's highest and we are going for just shy of two weeks!