Canadian Newbies !

• Please log in to reply
715 replies to this topic

#351 Manda123

Manda123
  • 380 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:10 PM

Hi Tracey!

How would you describe the fit? My FI and 3 of his GMs are built like linebackers! LOL. I've looked around for linen suits and have had ZERO luck.

Originally Posted by traceysteve 

Oooooo...for the ladies still looking for their FI's suite...just picked one up from Le Chateau, like others have mentioned. He was a total non-believer, had to practically drag him into the store, big baby! We were going to go with light grey linen, hoping that we could find on, they had a charcoal linen suit that will look fantastic with the lavender burberry tie. Unfortunately, not on sale, $175 for the blazer and $90 for the pants...but, times-a-tickin' and we're afraid we wouldn't find one. Check it out ladies, but be warned, we did go to 2 different stores to get the sizes...big surprise!

#352 sbelland

sbelland
    • 47 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:39 PM

The Le Chateau suits have a very narrow fit and generally fit on the small side. If your FI and his GM's are built like linbackers I would suggest looking somwhere else. They are made primarily for "smaller" guys who do not have broad shoulders. I actually used to work at one and it was a constant problem as most men couldn't fit into the jackets properly and didn't want to go up in sizing just to have everything else taken in. Unfortunately, they are not the best options out there! Also keep in mind that linen suits wrinkle very easily incase this is something you may not want in your pictures! Tommy Bahama has some other options available as well and their sizing is more true to form when compared to Le Chateau. Also Tommy Hilfiger used to have a linen suit available if you haven't look there yet.

Originally Posted by Manda123 

Hi Tracey!

How would you describe the fit? My FI and 3 of his GMs are built like linebackers! LOL. I've looked around for linen suits and have had ZERO luck.

#353 eldiexs

eldiexs
      • 154 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:14 PM

Hi Ladies, if you are getting married in the Riviera Maya, you can find a linen suits store in Cancun

Best

#354 Natalie2012

Natalie2012
        • 212 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:28 PM

I had my FI try on the linen suits at Le Chateau and hated how they fit!! We then ended up going to International Clothiers...a store I would have never of gone in...anyways we got an AMAZING deal on my FI linen suit!!!  They had a sale on Linen pants and Shirt...Buy both and pay only $25.00 each piece...So, we ended up getting my FI linen outfit for only $52.00 and it fit perfect (he's built as well...lol) !! Sweet deal...we got the best man his outfit too:)

Hi Tracey!

#355 Manda123

Manda123
          • 380 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:23 PM

Thanks for the tip! I just did a google search and there's an International Clothiers here in Ottawa. Never heard of it! I will check it out this weekend! Did they have a lot of selection? We want grey.

Originally Posted by Natalie2012 

I had my FI try on the linen suits at Le Chateau and hated how they fit!! We then ended up going to International Clothiers...a store I would have never of gone in...anyways we got an AMAZING deal on my FI linen suit!!!  They had a sale on Linen pants and Shirt...Buy both and pay only $25.00 each piece...So, we ended up getting my FI linen outfit for only $52.00 and it fit perfect (he's built as well...lol) !! Sweet deal...we got the best man his outfit too:)

#356 Manda123

Manda123
            • 380 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:24 PM

Good to know! I don't think I'll bother dragging him in there then :)

Originally Posted by sbelland 

The Le Chateau suits have a very narrow fit and generally fit on the small side. If your FI and his GM's are built like linbackers I would suggest looking somwhere else. They are made primarily for "smaller" guys who do not have broad shoulders. I actually used to work at one and it was a constant problem as most men couldn't fit into the jackets properly and didn't want to go up in sizing just to have everything else taken in. Unfortunately, they are not the best options out there! Also keep in mind that linen suits wrinkle very easily incase this is something you may not want in your pictures! Tommy Bahama has some other options available as well and their sizing is more true to form when compared to Le Chateau. Also Tommy Hilfiger used to have a linen suit available if you haven't look there yet.

#357 ninomeya

ninomeya
              • Banned
              • 11 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:42 AM

I'm also new here!!

Nice to meet u all here!!

Attached Files

#358 Natalie2012

Natalie2012
                • 212 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:12 AM

No problem...I don't remember seeing grey...but didn't really look because they had the colour and size I wanted...they had lot's of sizes available....Hope they have grey for you and the right price..I'm still so excited about that...lol :-)

Thanks for the tip! I just did a google search and there's an International Clothiers here in Ottawa. Never heard of it! I will check it out this weekend! Did they have a lot of selection? We want grey.

#359 J and G 2012

J and G 2012
                  • 423 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:08 AM

There is always the Online $99 suit deal. we are debating it cause Garett is huge too! But we will probably just go with a linen T-Shirt and Pant I already bought from Old Navy! Guys are so cheap to buy for! I wish it was that easy and inexpensive for me!

Hi Tracey!

#360 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
                    • 1,252 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:36 AM

wow that will save us a lot of money thanx for the info

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users