Photo

Small guest list folks (20 or less)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 mpark46

mpark46
  • 154 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:26 PM

Our wedding will most likely be between 15-20 guests.
    For those of you with a similar guest list, which ceremony/reception sites feel intimate (i.e. not empty)? I don't want a beach wedding because I want to wear heels.

I really love the Villa Maria (I saw photos of a similarly small wedding/reception) for that. For such a small guest list, would you even bother with the AI route?

#2 leigh miller

leigh miller
    • 936 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:33 PM

i just shot elizbeths wedding at las ventanas and it would be perfect for a smaller wedding. in fact she had about 20 guests. i will post some pics early next week. and the wedding isnt on the beach. las ventanas is the best place ive ever stayed in my entire life!!! i cant wait to go back :)

and i shot a wedding at villa maria last year. it would also work well. and you can stay there. if i remember correctly it has 4 bedrooms. beautiful place. we went back and drove around pedregal a few days ago.

both places are fabulous for different reasons.

#3 mpark46

mpark46
      • 154 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:43 PM

Leigh, your photos are what inspired me to not go the Dreams route. I just loved your photos at the villa.

Las Ventanas looks gorgeous! Were both the ceremony and reception held there?

#4 leigh miller

leigh miller
        • 936 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:59 PM

yes they both were. im sure when elizabeth comes back she will be happy to tell you about her experience with las ventanas. honestly the word "no" isnt in their vocabulary. we needed all kinds of stuff for the BD with courtney - we had them fire up the fireplace, bring us a tablecloth and a ladder. never blinked an eye! im so spoiled after being there. i cant wait to post some pics from elizabeths wedding and day after but that will be a week or 10 days away so i can get caught up. she and ben rocked the day after session!!!

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:11 PM

a fireplace? ladder? tablecloth? now i REALLY want to see these b-pics! (sorry, but this HAD to be hijacked!)

#6 BayBug

BayBug
            • 852 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:14 PM

I just finished working on my guest list last night and I have a total of 28 people. That is including the Bride and Groom. I am having my wedding on the beach and I think it will be very intimate. I love small weddings!
              Angie

#7 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:44 PM

when i was looking at las ventanas (and this could have changed)...they had a $10,000 food and drink minimum for the private reception so that could be a little expensive for such a small guest list.

the one and only has a super charming chapel and the rooms are alot less than las ventanas...that might be an option.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#8 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 10,366 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:48 PM

that is my guest list, I have somewhere between 15-20 guests.... I am having the traditional beach ceremony, I don;t think it will feel empty...

#9 leigh miller

leigh miller
                • 936 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:51 PM

elizabeth and ben are spending some time at palmilla too. so she can give you a comparison on service, etc...

#10 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
                  • VIP Member
                  • 11,403 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:57 PM

We had less than 20 total (18 maybe??). Anyway, we had our ceremony & reception at the Cabo Surf Hotel & it was just perfect for us. It's a small boutique hotel on it's own beach. We loved it, our guests loved it. It was very intimate & just what we wanted!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users