Photo

Cruise Wedding in June 2011

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 heather.moskowitz

heather.moskowitz
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:53 PM

Hello fellow brides! I am planning a cruise wedding and have already run into issues finding good rates. I will be getting married sometime during the week of June 12th, 2011
    Please share ANY INFO/ADVICE for this Newbie!!!
    Thank you!
    Heather

#2 hunniebee724

hunniebee724
    • 340 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:25 PM

Welcome, and congratulations! I'm getting married on the Carnival Miracle next month. We choose the cruise based on the port (we live in NJ so we can drive to NYC), the time of year (I'm a teacher so I'm off for the summer) and the itinerary (we didn't go with RCCL because the ship was only going to 1 port instead of 3). The particular cruise we chose was the cheapest of the August cruises, but it was still pretty expensive for our guests because it's an 8 day cruise. We gave them a year's notice though, and we ended up having 21 cruising guests.

This is our first cruise, so I've spent countless hours the past year on CruiseCritic. Between that site and this one, I feel completely prepared for my cruise wedding!

#3 AllieC

AllieC
      • 34 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:36 PM

I suggest finding a good travel agent either through here or destinationweddings.com to book the cruise, it makes it much easier for guests to book. I'm doing a cruise wedding in November with Carnival Destiny. Good luck with your search!

#4 MissSimone

MissSimone
        • 255 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:37 PM

You ladies will love cruising. It's one of the best ways to vacation. I've been on at least 10 cruises and I absolutely love it.

#5 hunniebee724

hunniebee724
          • 340 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:14 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by AllieC
            I suggest finding a good travel agent either through here or destinationweddings.com to book the cruise, it makes it much easier for guests to book. I'm doing a cruise wedding in November with Carnival Destiny. Good luck with your search!
            I agree! My friend is a part time TA, so I used her, and it made it much easier on all of us. You can also get group perks depending on the cruise you choose and the amount of rooms you book. If you use a TA, he or she will link all the bookings so you can eat together if you choose the same dining time. We had some issues with Carnival's group cruise department, and I'm glad I had her to deal with the problems for me, because I know I would've turned into bridezilla on them!

#6 hunniebee724

hunniebee724
            • 340 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:17 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by MissSimone
              You ladies will love cruising. It's one of the best ways to vacation. I've been on at least 10 cruises and I absolutely love it.
              I can't wait! I was planning on throwing my parents a 35th wedding anniversary party next year, but after talking to my brother, we're leaning towards surprising them with a vow renewal cruise to Canada instead....I think we're addicted and we haven't even started yet lol!

#7 islandbride317

islandbride317
              • 1,866 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:39 AM

Hi, Heather --

CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement & WELCOME to BDW!!!
                I think you will find that this site will become the single *most* important tool available to you during your wedding-planning process -- I KNOW it was for me!

Very best wishes as you're planning your way,
                toward walking down the aisle on your Big Day!!

~ Christie

#8 JanineA

JanineA
                • 2,482 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:08 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum. Happy planning!

#9 Nicyx

Nicyx
                  • 2,914 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:50 AM

Hello, congratulations and welcome, EVERYONE here are so helpful and friendly, Im sure any questions you have or advice you need will be fully answered before you know it!!!!

Happy Planning x

#10 eholt

eholt
                    • 528 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:04 PM

Welcome to the forum. Cruises are such fun! a cruise wedding should be a blast!
                      May 19, 2011
                      Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
                      Montego Bay, Jamaica
                      http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users