Reasonable Mexican Luxury Hotel

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 SouthernSweetie

• 394 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:07 AM

Hi All!

On today's Yahoo homepage, there is an article titled "Top 10 Luxury Beach Hotels for Less." La Amada in Playa Mujeres is one of them. Even though I'm already booked at Moon Palace Cancun, I was curious so I checked it out. Here's what I found:
    *They offer Junior Suites starting at $149 per night and the rooms go up to an Oceanview Terrace Suite with a plunge pool for $255 per night. (There are three other room types in-between.)
    *They have wedding packages
    *They advertise that they are "just minutes north of Cancun"
    *The website photos look very appealing
    *Right now, they are advertising kids 3-17 are free with paid adult

For the deterrents (at least for me):
    *They are not all-inclusive
    *The website does not specify if they offer activities at the hotel
    *They only have four on-site restaurants
    *They share a Wedding Coordinator with Excellence Playa Mujeres, according to some brides on BDW.
    *The prices on the website were not available past August 2010 (but I'm sure a good travel agent could resolve that issue.)

If you're looking for accommodations that are beautiful, but won't break the bank, you may want to check this place out. I was even considering switching myself - it would save my guest about $250 per night; but after weighing the options, an all-inclusive works best for us.

Happy Planning Everyone!

#2 greysgirl

• 370 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:36 PM

I saw this article and it does look gorgeous. I also looked at some Trip Advisor reviews which were quite positive. If it were an AI, it would have been a more appealing option for us.

#3 jennster_04

• 176 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:49 PM

I saw this aswell it looks nice
        Married August 10, 2010 at Gran Bahia Principe Akumal!!!

#4 wedding decor

wedding decor
        • Banned
        • 109 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:02 PM

We love that property...for wedding less than 80 guests it is pefect!

It is a boutique hotel with a modern fresh look....their Beach Resaturant is a great venue for dinner.

In addition they have a private villa for special event next door that is fantastic.

#5 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
          • Vendor
          • 1,243 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:55 PM

I like Le Reve for these kind of price descriptions "I'd book Le Reve due to proximety to Playa del Carmen" vs the remoteness + seaweed beaches of Playa Mujeres...

#6 Lisa2011

• BDW Superstar
            • 15 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:50 PM

I'm with Matt definitely check Le Reve! It is perfect for a small wedding. The place seems to be pretty secluded (we will be visiting in August) and the pictures on their webpage are just gorgeous!

Check it out!

#7 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
              • Vendor
              • 1,243 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa2011

I'm with Matt definitely check Le Reve! It is perfect for a small wedding. The place seems to be pretty secluded (we will be visiting in August) and the pictures on their webpage are just gorgeous!

Check it out!
                We shot those photos :)

Check out more del sol Le Reve del Shots here..Le Reve Hotel Trash the dress | Photos by Matt Adcock + Sol Tamargo

#8 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:20 PM

i second La Reve. It is such a great choice. A boutique, luxury resort at an affordable price and also available for a buy out situation which would make your wedding AMAZING!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
                Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#9 wedding decor

wedding decor
                • Banned
                • 109 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:59 PM

Absolutely agree...Le Reve is the best option for small wedding ...it is great that you can just take over the entire property!

They are very flexible to work with and will create a package jsut for you

And even if it is a larger wedding you can have most of the guests there on site and there are many optins around for overflow.

#10 tweets.13

• Site Supporter
                  • 103 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:07 AM

My fiance and I checked out La Amada and Le Reve (as well as others) in June.  (We ended up booking Ceiba Del Mar.)  Both La Amada and Le Reve are incredible places, but they are COMPLETELY different.  In our opinion, a couple who would love La Amada would likely not love Le Reve and vice versa.  I posted a site review on here, that gives more details.  Both are excellent options, but like I said - they are very different (different vibe, room amenities, room options/pricing, kids -vs- no kids, etc.)   If anyone wants more info on either, I am happy to provide info on our experience, etc.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users