Photo

New Wedding Coordinator ar ROR!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 JesseLyn10

JesseLyn10
  • 188 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:41 AM

After weeks of hearing nothing from Chandlyn, my travel agent got into contact with the ROR and was told that Tina Dunbar has replaced Chandlyn as WC.

Does this change any plans that had been arranged with Chandlyn? We leave in 2 weeks and I really hope that everything goes as planned despite this change. I also hope to hear from the new WC.

#2 JesseLyn10

JesseLyn10
    • 188 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:46 AM

I just found the earlier thread about this! I was so panicked that I didn't notice before I posted.

#3 yumyum90

yumyum90
      • 183 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:01 PM

I'm getting married 10 days after you and I'm worried as well. I hope this doesn't change anything planned w/Chandlyn. I'm going to bring the email exchanges I had with Chandlyn. what's even more annoying is that the email address at ROR is a generic one, so why isn't the other coordinator at least responding to emails.

#4 JesseLyn10

JesseLyn10
        • 188 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:53 PM

I don't know. I don't know what bothers me more - the fact that no one told us about the change OR the fact that they still aren't replying!

#5 eddieandsheila

eddieandsheila
          • 110 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:25 PM

I sent an email to Tina, and she responded the next day. I sent her an email 2 days ago, and haven't got anything back..

#6 JesseLyn10

JesseLyn10
            • 188 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:27 PM

I emailed her on July 2nd and again on July 5th and have heard nothing. The last email I received from the RIU was on June 12 from Chandlyn.

#7 eddieandsheila

eddieandsheila
              • 110 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:00 AM

STILL havent heard from Tina....

#8 hiccups

hiccups
                • 224 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:04 AM

I emailed her at the beginning of July and again two days ago and have not received a response yet...sigh...

#9 JesseLyn10

JesseLyn10
                  • 188 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:04 AM

mice.ori@riu.com

This is the address that I wrote to and received emails from after Chandlyn left.  I did hear from the resort a few days before I flew down to Jamaica.  I think they probably respond in order of wedding date (?).

I know it's hard to do but breathe and don't stress.  I was exactly where you are and I was pulling my hair out because I hadn't heard from anyone in over a month.  Everything worked out and they WC Antonette was nothing but professional and completely wonderful.  If your wedding isn't for a few months still then I really don't think you should worry.  We did all of our planning once we got there and I realized that all this pre-planning stress was unnecessary.  I had pre-planned and it was all lost when Chandlyn left so we had to start from square one once we got to the resort.  Your weddings will be beautiful, don't drive yourself crazy from worrying ;)

#10 OchoRiosBride2010

OchoRiosBride2010
                    • 38 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:58 PM

Jesslyn your posts are putting me at ease!! thank you...the unknown is scary. My biggest worry is making sure im travelling with enough money, so in the event that something goes woncky...we can still pay for the wedding we wanted.  I havent made any pre plans yet with the WC, so i really have NO clue as to what the reception is going to be like, or cost, and flower and so forth. Any advice on how you budgeted for travel? 

ROR Jamaica Nov 17th 2010 -- 37 people booked!!!!! woohoo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users