• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 erik.wade

erik.wade
  • Banned
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 11:57 PM

Damn Girls!

Can I be your Bridesmaid? Geez! I would totally score and then could return it all and cash in on another trip...LOL

Though I am a guy, Sunglasses are a great idea as they will be on the beach and will need them...but I would suggest sunglasses in a nice gift basket with all sorts of little things as well, like sun tan lotion, chap stick, and even condoms to add a hint of comedy...

But again, what do I know...I'm a guy and my gift I got as best man was a zippo lighter at one, and a cheap MP3 player that I traded to the waiter for a bottle of vodka.

#12 olisa6

olisa6
    • 125 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:15 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by erik.wade
      Damn Girls!

Can I be your Bridesmaid? Geez! I would totally score and then could return it all and cash in on another trip...LOL

Though I am a guy, Sunglasses are a great idea as they will be on the beach and will need them...but I would suggest sunglasses in a nice gift basket with all sorts of little things as well, like sun tan lotion, chap stick, and even condoms to add a hint of comedy...

But again, what do I know...I'm a guy and my gift I got as best man was a zippo lighter at one, and a cheap MP3 player that I traded to the waiter for a bottle of vodka.
      We already bought the groomsmen really nice Bulova watches and Birkenstocks to go with their outfits and then they can have after the wedding!! As a guy I hope that is a nice gift and they won't trade it in for a bottle of tequilla!! For what we paid, they need about 15 - 20 bottles!!!

#13 NYJen

NYJen
      • 1,326 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:23 PM

Have you thought about getting your BM's Burberry Bathing suits. I think they run about $200 right now. I think it's such a cute gift idea since it's a DW and you're all at the beach.

#14 jak27

jak27
        • 715 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:28 PM

I love the robe idea! There's nothing better than a great robe. Here are a few other ideas:

**Personalized stationery...really nice stationery! Like from iomoi.
          **Abas leather accessories...I'm thinking about doing a travel wallet, clutch or something similar that can be used again Abas Leather Accessories - Fine leather accessories from abasaccessories.com
          **A great bottle of champagne (I know it sounds weird, but with other things it's soo fun!)

That's all I can think of now!

#15 olisa6

olisa6
          • 125 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:32 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by JenandBrendanWedding
            Have you thought about getting your BM's Burberry Bathing suits. I think they run about $200 right now. I think it's such a cute gift idea since it's a DW and you're all at the beach.
            I love the idea of versace sunglasses and burberry bathing suits but I'm picky with that stuff. Those are the type of things that don't look right on everyone and I don't want to spend money and it doesnt fit or the sunglasses make this ones nose or forehead look tooo big... That would be me complaining:) I don't know. I was thinking of the circle of friendship necklace. Online at jestjewels.com it shows Cameron Diaz wearing one. I am paying for their hair to be done with Suzanne Morrell. So that is one thing I already got them. I just need something personal now no more than $200. I was also thinking the tiffany's venetian bracelet and then maybe some victoria secret perfume/lotions as someone stated in this thread. I'll just see what other people suggest and go from there.

#16 foxytv

foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 06:02 PM

I am setting aside a certain amount of money per person and then personalizing each bag with similar things. Each BM has a definite unique personality and style, so I don't want to give things one may love but I know another won't care much for. Since they are spending so much money to come to the wedding ... I've decided to put a lot of extra thought into each BM gift. But each will likely get a similar (just different in color) monogrammed beach bag for all their goodies.

#17 1elephant

1elephant
              • VIP Member
              • 15,998 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:40 PM

just came across this searching for ideas for my own bns - another brand is links of london. Gold & Silver Women's Jewellery from Luxury British Jeweller Links of London, UK

some things are obviously pricey but others are more affordable.

#18 olisa6

olisa6
                • 125 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 10:44 PM

I see you are form Glassboro. I'm right around the corner from you!! Haven't met anyone on here that lives so close!!

#19 -Kate-

-Kate-
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,676 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:03 AM

I got my 2 girls the starfish necklace from Tiffany. They are hosting my bachlorette party/shower and for the thank you gift I got them custom t-shirts (w funny sayings about their hometowns), leather passport covers, wet bikini bags, and some lip stuff. I also got them little coin purses from Jcrew for their OOT bags.

#20 acacia

acacia
                    • 53 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:03 AM

I am getting all my girls these really cute neckalces from helen ficalora
                      Helen Ficalora

it was that or a spa treatment/ girls day which i think its so fun but hard for me to do because everyone lives all over the place!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users