Riu Palace Mexico October 2010
Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:31 PM
My name is Jessica and I am getting married October, 21, 2010 at the Riu Palace Mexico!
I am looking for any advice, tips or suggestions from anyone who has already had a destination wedding.
I have a few specific questions:
1. What are the typical vows used in a Mexican civil marriage ceremony?
2. Which restaurant at the Riu Palace Mexico should I pick for my reception (anyone who has been to the Riu Palace Mexico pls let me know which atmosphere/food would be a good option)
3. Should I have a beach or gazebo wedding site? I've heard the beach can get quite crowded and attract a lot of spectators
4. What is a typical "wedding day" schedule like for a destination wedding? Our ceremony is at 2pm then I think we'll have some pictures done then reception/dinner in the evening. Any suggestions as to what should happen between pictures and dinner? And any suggestions for after dinner?
5. What's the best way to transport my wedding dress? We're flying with WestJet from Toronto
6. Are there any extras I should anticpate on purchasing for the wedding that would be neccessary? We're planning to purchase a photography package but aren't sure if we'll need more decorations. etc.
7. Has anyone had a vanilla wedding cake in Mexico before? Does it taste okay?
8. Any suggestions for keeping cool on the wedding day?
Thanks for your help, looking forward to hearing from you:)
Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:15 PM
Im getting married at the Riu Palace about 15 mins away from you :-) you will definatly have your questions fully answered in the riviera maya section on this forum x
Happy Planning x
Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:02 PM
Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:23 PM
Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:23 PM
Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:16 PM
Welcome to this great forum, here you´ll find the information you are looking for. Congratulations on your wedding!!
Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:33 PM
Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:51 PM
Hi, Jessica --
CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement & WELCOME to BDW!!!
I think you will find that this site will become the single *most* important tool available to you during your wedding-planning process -- I KNOW it was for me!
Very best wishes as you're planning your way,
toward walking down the aisle on your Big Day!!
Posted 03 July 2010 - 12:00 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users