Jump to content

Photo

Adrian from Studio H Playa : Hair + makeup


  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 StephyD

StephyD
  • Jr. Member
  • 342 posts

    Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:20 AM

    Does anyone have any feedback from Adrian or the staff at Studio H Playa?

    Studio H Playa

    StudioH Playa | Facebook


    I was about to book Fernando Fuentes but decided to look at other options as I find him to be a bit expensive. Adrian's prices are in the same range, althought a bit cheaper and his work seems just as great.

    I'd love to see pictures if anyone has used the staff at Studio H!

    #2 Boo

    Boo
    • Member
    • 785 posts

      Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:07 PM

      Hmm sorry never heard of them, about to book Fernando though, although stressing about the fact that he does multiple weddings each day so I am doing my research now too. Studio H seems like a cool / high fashion studio, I didnt really see pictures of weddings, I like that with Fernando got to see actual portfolio of brides.

      Good luck

      #3 StephyD

      StephyD
      • Jr. Member
      • 342 posts

        Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:40 PM

        Adrian sent me pictures via email. I can send them to you if you want.

        #4 MObride09

        MObride09
        • Jr. Member
        • 186 posts

          Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:52 PM

          I used Adrian's makeup services for my May 29th wedding. I don't have the pics up yet, but I HIGHLY recommend him! I loved my trial makeup as well as the makeup from the wedding day. He was great to work with: funny, excited and just down right fabulous!!!! I would hire him over and over again! I felt so glamorous, The makeup lasted all day, the airbrushing was amazing as were the lashes!!! I worked in the makeup biz myself for years and could have done my own, but just didn't want to on my wedding day. I wanted a true professional and Adrian is every bit of that. Truly an artist!!!!! I felt so glamorous ! As I said, I don't have my pics back yet, but when I was deciding whether or not to hire , I looked at pictures from Elizabeth Medina's website of Erica and Doug at the Barcelo Maya Palace. There is a link in the Barcelo Maya Palace Brides thread on this site... I believe Adrian also did her makeup! Not sure that he was affiliated with Studio H Playa at that time, I recall him talking about them while he was doing my makeup though! Hope that helps!

          #5 StephyD

          StephyD
          • Jr. Member
          • 342 posts

            Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:37 PM

            Thanks for your feedback MOBride09!!!

            I booked Adrian for our wedding! I'm so excited! He's been great to deal with so far and his prices are pretty good. I'm getting my hair done by Bianca (I think!)... she works with him.

            I can't wait to see your pics :)

            #6 MObride09

            MObride09
            • Jr. Member
            • 186 posts

              Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:57 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by StephyD
              Thanks for your feedback MOBride09!!!

              I booked Adrian for our wedding! I'm so excited! He's been great to deal with so far and his prices are pretty good. I'm getting my hair done by Bianca (I think!)... she works with him.

              I can't wait to see your pics :)
              Hey there!
              I just realized it, but I think Adrian had given you my personal email as a reference!!! I think I talked to you yesterday via my personal account. I'm sure you'll be pleased with his work. My sister is a hair stylist, so she did my hair for the wedding, so I can't comment on Bianca's work, but I met her the day of my makeup trial and she was very sweet! I'm sure she'll do great work as well:) Best wishes and Happy planning. Will try to post pics soon!!!

              #7 StephyD

              StephyD
              • Jr. Member
              • 342 posts

                Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:22 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by MObride09
                Hey there!
                I just realized it, but I think Adrian had given you my personal email as a reference!!! I think I talked to you yesterday via my personal account. I'm sure you'll be pleased with his work. My sister is a hair stylist, so she did my hair for the wedding, so I can't comment on Bianca's work, but I met her the day of my makeup trial and she was very sweet! I'm sure she'll do great work as well:) Best wishes and Happy planning. Will try to post pics soon!!!
                AH! That's funny!

                I'm very happy with my decision to book Adrian! I've gotten great feedback from the references he gave me... althought, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't give me bad references to check upon... :)

                He did send me pictures of Bianca's work and it looked amazing! She's worked in London for quite some time, apparently... they look like a great team! I can't wait :)

                #8 Elizabeth Medina

                Elizabeth Medina
                • Vendor
                • 278 posts

                  Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:04 PM

                  Adrian is great! He does a fantastic job and has a very calming and positive presence, which never hurts on the wedding day. Here is a photo of Erica, the bride mentioned in an earlier post. Gorgeous, no?

                  Click the image to open in full size.

                  #9 StephyD

                  StephyD
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 342 posts

                    Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:33 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Elizabeth Medina
                    Adrian is great! He does a fantastic job and has a very calming and positive presence, which never hurts on the wedding day. Here is a photo of Erica, the bride mentioned in an earlier post. Gorgeous, no?

                    Click the image to open in full size.
                    Gorgeous, indeed!!!!!

                    Thanks for sharing! :)

                    I booked Adrian and I am so excited to work with him. He's already been great to deal with and I've received excellent feedback from past brides who used his services.

                    #10 Sapphire723

                    Sapphire723
                    • Member
                    • 888 posts

                      Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:06 AM

                      What are his prices, anyway?




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users