To bustle or not to bustle?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 seedsngarlick

• 11 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:34 PM

So I got my dress and my wedding is about two months away. Yesterday, someone asked me if I was going to bustle the dress...
    Am I gonna what? So now my question is, should I bustle this dress? How much does that cost? How long will it take? Any advice? Thanks!

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 itsfinallyhere

• 573 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:25 PM

It does not cost a lot and should not take long. A good seamstress should be able to do something like while you wait. 10 minutes max.

#3 bsf&jpg

• 222 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:27 PM

uhmmm, I dont think the train is too long, and a bustle might just make it look frumpy. ask them to pin it so you can get an idea on what it looks like

#4 mrs*j*2011

• Banned
        • 206 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:41 PM

ooh I love your dress!

My train is going to be about the length of yours and I'm going to make sure I can bustle it. I don't want to worry about dragging it around all night. Just ask the dress shop or your seamstress to show you what it will look like bustled so you can get an idea. As long as it's altered to have the option of bustling it, you can decide at any time to bustle or not!
          ~~ Lea ~~
          January 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Royal Caribbean
          (honeymooning at Couples Negril)

#5 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:28 PM

Love your dress! I def think you should get a bustle.. Its always an option. but you def. do not want your dress dragging, or people stepping on it. I would do it. Its pretty simple to have done!

Good Luck!

#6 cindyshininger

• 37 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:32 PM

My daughter has this exact dress for her wedding next week and we can bustle it. They did a great job and it is gorgeous. We have to button up the under layer first and then the lace layer. We did have a layer of the netting taken out too. Makes it weigh less.

#7 seedsngarlick

• 11 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:20 PM

thanks for the input. I tried my dress on again in my apt. and kept catching it everywhere and I am definitely not the most graceful person, so I would at least like to have the option of adding a bustle. Good to know that its not too complicated!

#8 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
                • 1,634 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:39 PM

I'd say bustle..but make sure your maid is with you at your fitting so they get shown how to do it!

Mine couldn't make ANY of my fittings, and so on the day, she didn't know how to put it up, and it basically just got tied up by our photographer who tried her best god love her, she saved me soo many times on the day!

#9 TrvlrsChick

• 33 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:39 PM

If you don't bustle, you run the risk of it getting filthy and/or stepped on after the wedding. I say bustle!

#10 Island Bride

Island Bride
                    • 330 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 01:26 PM

If you want to be able to move freely without someone holding your train the whole night -get a bussle! Buttt..then again.. I got my train stepped on and it ripped the bussle out 3 different times throughout my reception

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users