Wedding Tennis Shoes?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SophieInLove

• Banned
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:23 PM

I'm not used to wearing high heels and I'm planning on dancing all night long at my wedding!! I want to make sure I have comfortable shoes for the reception, nothing makes me crankier than sore feet!. Even though at the beginning I thought they were ugly, I'm falling in love with the wedding tennis shoes, they're fun and definitively look comfortable. But I'm debating between the tennis shoes or the platform flip flops which might be a better choice for a beach wedding. Does any of you have any ideas?

#2 josietoms

• 765 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:24 PM

Have you any photos - so we can help with feedback?
      Josie x

#3 CourtneyV

• 4,979 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:27 PM

Agreed - pictures always help! But I think tennis shoes might be a little toasty to wear all day/night? It's up to you though, whatever you're comfortable in! Flip flops are a little more common for beach weddings (or even going bare foot!), but again, it's whatever you're comfortable with/in.
        Happily Married since May 9, 2008
        Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#4 damaris

• 462 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:40 PM

It's really up to you. My MOH's gifted me a pair of personalized yellow converse chuck taylors (my all time fave kicks). They say Mrs Bennett on them. I plan to wear them towards the end of the night when my feet say "No Mas"

#5 Thomasjsgirl

• 1,098 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:58 PM

I'm leaning towards the platform flip-flops, but only because personally I think they're more beachy. If your ultimate goal is comfort, then warm and fuzzy tennis shoes might be the exact opposite in a tropical setting where they're going to trap all that heat inside.
            Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
            Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
            Leftover Wedding Items FS:

#6 *Linds*

• 5,776 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:14 PM

I love the personalized converse shoes! Even though my wedding is over I may order a pair that say "Mrs Bush" just for fun! They are super cute!
              Loving married life! <3

#7 SophieInLove

• Banned
              • 78 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:46 PM

Thanks for the feedback chicas ; )...I've been browsing on line for ideas.
                The Lovely Bride - Wedding Sneakers - Bridal Shoes - Bridal Sneakers - Wedding Tennis Shoes
                On the tennis shoes, I like the high heel ones. But now I'm feeling more inclined towards the platform flip flops, they're confy and they look cuter. I'm also thinking about getting them for the bridesmaids in case they want to get rid of the high heels at the reception. I went to a wedding once and they were giving out flip flops for all the lady guests, that was a lifesaver because we danced and partied until 5am!! So if your feet got tired, all you needed to do was grab a pair!! Of course you can always go barefoot but I thought it was a cute idea.

#8 krmiller

• 239 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:50 PM

I would think tennis shoes would get hot!! Personally, I am a flip flop girl!

#9 josietoms

• 765 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:01 AM

personally - i like the flip flops i think yr feet might get sooooooo hot in the tennis shoes
                    Josie x

#10 SonyaR

• 299 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:23 AM

I agree with josietoms, I like the flip flops and think that the tennis shoes would be hot. My first thought when I saw them was "my feet would sweat in those".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users