Photo

Wedding Dress Fitting Nightmare! Dont go to this place

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 A_J_Mitchell

A_J_Mitchell
  • 252 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:11 AM

What a horrible story..I can't believe they put your dress in a garbage bag!!

#12 AishaB

AishaB
    • 2,350 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:54 AM

Thanks for sharing. that is definitely good to know
      BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#13 KarenM

KarenM
      • 1,920 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:38 AM

Ugh! That is just so wrong! How can people be so crappy? Hopefully their bad service will catch up with them. I'm so sorry you went through that, but really glad your mom was with you and you were able to take your dress & walk away! Now onto better things!

#14 chrissytina924

chrissytina924
        • 145 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:17 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by krizstyling
          Ahhh...here's a review from one of the sites, seems other brides have had the same problems!!!

"Firstly, I was charged with alterations for which the seamstress never did (when I tried the dress on at home, I felt something poking me near the hem. I noticed that ALL OF THE PINS WERE STILL THERE!) Secondly, they performed alterations for which I had never consented to (and then charged me for them!). Thirdly, they broke the clasp in the back so that the dress wouldn't zip up properly. The stories between the owner and her workers were never consistent and constantly changed in favor of the owner. It was impossible to reason with the owner, who is a real scam artist! Every time I tried to discuss the situation with her, she continuously interrupted me and stated, This is not up for discussion. You need to leave the store. She was extremely rude and insulting. Overall, Fantasia's Bridal in Rocky Point was a major disappointment! This was a major inconvenience, an extreme expense, and highly insulting. No other bride or her party should experience this."

Apparently you're not the only one! I'm SO glad you brought your MOH and mother along who helped catch it in time!
          OMG! How funny is that... basically the same story minus the garbage bag!! I guess Im not alone in receiving crappy service.. all the more reason you girls should steer clear! And thats a good idea in your previous post.. my MOH actually suggested that to me this morning.. i am def going to post the link yo other sites!!
          Edward & Christina
          Melia Caribe Tropical
          Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
          June 26th, 2010

#15 Sheree10

Sheree10
          • 1,026 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:11 PM

Thanks for sharing your story so it can help other brides.
            http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#16 rosieposie

rosieposie
            • 649 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:50 AM

i hate stores that think just because you're getting married you turn into some bubble-headed girly girl who is so willing to fork over her money so easily.

i'm glad you got the heck outta there!

#17 Oryx

Oryx
              • 727 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:32 PM

That is awful! It's too bad that you had to go through this experience, but hopefully other brides will benefit. Thanks for posting!

#18 mlabbe

mlabbe
                • 784 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:06 AM

OMG I can't believe it! Glad that it worked out in the end for you though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users