Jump to content

Photo

Jamaica Inn- Ocho Rios


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AutismPrincipal

AutismPrincipal
  • Newbie
  • 28 posts

    Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:41 PM

    Hi everyone,

    I reviewed the Jamaica Inn on trip advisor and it received great reviews; this is one of the places I am considering for our wedding and honeymoon. Has anyone heard of this place or visited? The pictures are breathtaking and I just wanted to get honest feedback before I start emailing their staff for more info.

    Thanks everyone,
    Robyn

    #2 CHAKLIT

    CHAKLIT
    • Jr. Member
    • 260 posts

      Posted 15 May 2010 - 11:31 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by AutismPrincipal
      Hi everyone,

      I reviewed the Jamaica Inn on trip advisor and it received great reviews; this is one of the places I am considering for our wedding and honeymoon. Has anyone heard of this place or visited? The pictures are breathtaking and I just wanted to get honest feedback before I start emailing their staff for more info.

      Thanks everyone,
      Robyn
      Nevery heard of it, but I just went to their website....and the pics are amazing....It's right on main street and I've never noticed it!
      I've booked Heather Parker for my photographer for my April 2, 2011 wedding in Ochi Rios, Jamaica. If anyone is getting married in Jamaica days before or after me and is interested sharing her travel expenses to save few wedding budget bucks, let me know. Take a look at her work for Moon Dance...

      #3 AutismPrincipal

      AutismPrincipal
      • Newbie
      • 28 posts

        Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:26 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by CHAKLIT
        Nevery heard of it, but I just went to their website....and the pics are amazing....It's right on main street and I've never noticed it!
        Hi Chaklit,

        Thank you for your response. I'm just looking for beautiful places that are somewhat off the beaten path and this place seems to be the perfect fit. The venue offers a wedding coordinator; however I would like to speak with wedding planners for quotes. If you don't mind sharing, who are you using for your planner and travel agent?

        Cheers,
        Robyn

        #4 yumyum90

        yumyum90
        • Jr. Member
        • 183 posts

          Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:47 AM

          I've never been but I know of two in-laws that have, and they described it as the most beautiful hotel they have yet to go to and they are jamaican. I don't know personally how their weddings go but the hotel experience is "awesome".

          #5 NegrilLB

          NegrilLB
          • Jr. Member
          • 172 posts

            Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:00 AM

            Hi Robyn,
            We stayed at Jamaica Inn for 3 nights for our honeymoon last month. Even though it is in a fairly busy part of town, it is very quiet there and feels 'off the beaten path'. The grounds are incredibly well-kept. We had a premier verandah suite on the West End, which I would recommend. The verandah is great for relaxing on, but the rooms are very basic. (I thought that they looked better on the website than in person.) But if you're looking for a rustic kind of feel then it will be perfect. There are no TVs or radios in the rooms so you definitely feel unplugged and can just relax.

            We didn't do the all-inclusive meal plan because we thought it wouldn't be worth it since we planned to have some meals off-site, but we probably should have. Dinner there is very nice, but pretty expensive. We had dinner there our second night there and it came out to over $150 including 2 glasses of wine each. The 3rd night they had a beach bbq buffet, which was good and had a beautiful set-up and that came to about $250 including 1 glass of wine each.

            Overall I think it just depends on what kind of atmosphere you're looking for. After being at Iberostar Rose Hall, going to Jamaica Inn was a huge change because it is so quiet there, and they cater to an older crowd. But the grounds are very beautiful and will make for gorgeous background for your pictures.

            If you have any questions on the place let me know.
            http://dwdf.daisypath.com/hfwgm5.png


            118 Guests + Bride and Groom Attended

            #6 CHAKLIT

            CHAKLIT
            • Jr. Member
            • 260 posts

              Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:12 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by AutismPrincipal
              Hi Chaklit,

              Thank you for your response. I'm just looking for beautiful places that are somewhat off the beaten path and this place seems to be the perfect fit. The venue offers a wedding coordinator; however I would like to speak with wedding planners for quotes. If you don't mind sharing, who are you using for your planner and travel agent?

              Cheers,
              Robyn
              I'm using one of the BDW TA's -- Maureen for our travel services. The wedding planning aspect is going to be my biggest headache. Since the Coyaba Garden is a venue that only gives you just that...a venue, we have to source out every chair, table, plate, spoon and fork! It gives me headaches just thinking about it...for more reasons than one! The biggest being, he's Jamaican and I'm from Jamaican parents, so when we see the quotes of things, we know ppl are giving us non-local pricing. He wants to go to down there and deal with folks face to face.

              I've been giving some referrals for planners, but I've yet to reach out to anyone...I guess I will soon.
              I've booked Heather Parker for my photographer for my April 2, 2011 wedding in Ochi Rios, Jamaica. If anyone is getting married in Jamaica days before or after me and is interested sharing her travel expenses to save few wedding budget bucks, let me know. Take a look at her work for Moon Dance...




              0 user(s) are reading this topic

              0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users