Hi from a Newbie :)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 AutismPrincipal

• 28 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:16 PM

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and have founds tons of information in the past two hours since visiting. Stephen proposed on January 28th and I've been planning our wedding ever since. We were both planning (and paid a deposit ) a traditional, large wedding here in Maryland; however we realized we were only "pleasing" the many requests from our family.

Last week, we decided to reduce the guest list from 200-30 and do it in Jamaica! We've changed our wedding date from October 6, 2011 to July, ?, 2011. I'm here to search out a great wedding venue that will double as a great place to honeymoon. We want to get married on the beach at sunset, but don't want to do it under an arch in front of a gazillion hotel guest patrons, so we're opting for something more private and extremely romantic: lots of flowers and candles. Any help or suggestions are greatly welcomed!

Thanks for reading.

#2 JanineA

• 2,482 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:27 PM

Congrats on your recent engagement and welcome to the forum. You are surely in the right place to help plan a fabulous DW! Check out the Jamaica brides threads I am sure lots of the ladies can lend their opinion on venues and such. Good luck and happy planning!

#3 cross

• 198 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:13 PM

Congrats & Welcome to the site! There is a ton of helpful info here on everything! Happy Planning!

#4 margin123

• 204 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:42 PM

Congrats! Happy planning :)

#5 Jamaica Guru

Jamaica Guru
          • 18 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:42 PM

Congrats and welcome!
            There are lots of great locations other than all inclusive hotels in Jamaica. I would be more than happy to give you some ideas.

#6 destination_diva

• 82 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:47 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! We also were originaly planning an at home wedding and decided to make it a smaller and more intimate event by switching to a DW! Happy planning.

#7 GVphotographer

• 2,664 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
              • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:31 AM

Welcome to this great forum, here you´ll find the information you are looking for. Congratulations on your wedding!!

#8 AishaB

• 2,350 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:08 AM

Congrats on the engagement and welcome to the forum. Check out the Jamaica board. I be the ladies on there have tons of advice and recommendations.
                BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#9 Dmitri_Markine

• Vendor
                • 2,782 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:04 PM

#10 krmiller

• 239 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:18 PM

Welcome & congrats! I believe a DW is the way to go. It is so hard to please everyone!! This site can be so addicting! Good luck!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users