Jump to content
jfwolfe72

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

I'm glad you had a good time!!! If you think recovery at 26 is rough...wait til 37. Oy! that's why I told my girls I wanted to be in bed by midnight the night before my wedding. luckily we were all yawning by 11:30....old, we're all old dang it! 

Originally Posted by LKocelko View Post

Welp, I had my bachelorette last night. I am still hurting - don't bounce back like I used to in college! 26 sure is different from 21. But it was so much fun, and I was smart enough to take off work tomorrow, so all is well :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladies who have been to EDR - quick question. Did you end up doing any excursions? I talked to a friend who went to Riviera Maya and they recommended using Xplor for any. I looked on their website, and it seems like admission is $100 to do a ton of stuff (almost too good to be true). If you order online ahead of time, it saves you like 15% or something, so we were considering purchasing before we leave. Any thoughts? Also, for about $15 more there's the package that includes transportation/shuttle from Xplor to your resort. My question is, does EDR already have a shuttle as is, and I shouldn't spend the extra money? I thought I saw they had a free shuttle to/from Playa Del Carmen, but wasn't sure if anyone had any insights on this. We really wanna go ziplining :D Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by LKocelko View Post

 

Ladies who have been to EDR - quick question. Did you end up doing any excursions? I talked to a friend who went to Riviera Maya and they recommended using Xplor for any. I looked on their website, and it seems like admission is $100 to do a ton of stuff (almost too good to be true). If you order online ahead of time, it saves you like 15% or something, so we were considering purchasing before we leave. Any thoughts? Also, for about $15 more there's the package that includes transportation/shuttle from Xplor to your resort. My question is, does EDR already have a shuttle as is, and I shouldn't spend the extra money? I thought I saw they had a free shuttle to/from Playa Del Carmen, but wasn't sure if anyone had any insights on this. We really wanna go ziplining :D Thanks!

 

If you know you will be doing an excursion for sure, then I think purchasing ahead of time is worth the money. And yes, EDR does offer a shuttle to Playa del Carmen, but I think it's at a nominal cost. Just so you know, Xplor is about a 35 minute drive from EDR, and not located in Playa del Carmen. So you would need to use a taxi or purchase the shuttle pass, and at $15 per person I think that is a decent deal. (I think the taxi cost us about $30 each way. So if you have 4 people going, then a taxi might be a better option. Plus you are not limited by their time, you can come and go when you please.)

 

I have been to Xplor, and yes, there is tons to do! The zip lines are super fun, and the underground caverns are beautiful! As well, the online package includes your lunch, so that's a nice bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did a half day snorkel tour that we booked through Lomas. That's all our lazy butts did other than the wedding!

 

Xplor is a big park I think like Xcaret. So if you are wanting to go, then do buy your tickets ahead and get that planned out. I'd go ahead and add the shuttle service from EDR too since it'll pick you up in the morning and bring you back at the right times.

 

EDR has a shuttle to Playa, but it ran at weird times. It's just a ride into the town itself, not to any of the parks or start points for the excursions. My husband ended up taking the taxi to/from Playa the couple of times they went into town.

 

Originally Posted by LKocelko View Post

Ladies who have been to EDR - quick question. Did you end up doing any excursions? I talked to a friend who went to Riviera Maya and they recommended using Xplor for any. I looked on their website, and it seems like admission is $100 to do a ton of stuff (almost too good to be true). If you order online ahead of time, it saves you like 15% or something, so we were considering purchasing before we leave. Any thoughts? Also, for about $15 more there's the package that includes transportation/shuttle from Xplor to your resort. My question is, does EDR already have a shuttle as is, and I shouldn't spend the extra money? I thought I saw they had a free shuttle to/from Playa Del Carmen, but wasn't sure if anyone had any insights on this. We really wanna go ziplining :D Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks ladies! I think we'll go ahead and just purchase it now, one less thing to worry about when we get there :) I'm terrified of heights, but zip-lining sounds like an adventure, so why not! My FI also wants to see some ruins, so I'm sure we'll do that too. Other than those I'm content hanging at EDR and getting a massage :) Our TA got us a $250 resort credit per room (guests too), so I want to use that on the spa. We also just go an upgrade to an oceanfront room for our first half (before moving to the casitas) so that was a nice surprise. Getting really excited!! The weather in Chicago has been wet and rainy, so I'm ready for some sun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by LKocelko View Post

 

Thanks ladies! I think we'll go ahead and just purchase it now, one less thing to worry about when we get there :) I'm terrified of heights, but zip-lining sounds like an adventure, so why not! My FI also wants to see some ruins, so I'm sure we'll do that too. Other than those I'm content hanging at EDR and getting a massage :) Our TA got us a $250 resort credit per room (guests too), so I want to use that on the spa. We also just go an upgrade to an oceanfront room for our first half (before moving to the casitas) so that was a nice surprise. Getting really excited!! The weather in Chicago has been wet and rainy, so I'm ready for some sun.

 

Hot damn!!! How did your TA do that?  Maybe I should tell mine to start pumping them for credit. .. our weddings are a week apart, they can't be that different in pricing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by jnitschke View Post

 

 

Hot damn!!! How did your TA do that?  Maybe I should tell mine to start pumping them for credit. .. our weddings are a week apart, they can't be that different in pricing.

I know our agency is one of Karisma's "preferred vendors" so it might just have to do with the relationship they have? The resort credit was because we had booked a certain number of rooms with our group - I want to say 10?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FINALLY got everything packed. We ended up with 3 large suitcases and 1 carry on size suitcase.....can't believe we are taking so much, but what's a girl to do!!!

Can't believe we leave Friday!!!! YAY!!! Soooooo excited!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We got married Feb 15th and we have not received our either... I was not really going to worry about it until it was past 60 days. I figured it is like getting you Passport. It is going through a government and they are never in a hurry with important documents. 
Just wanted to see if you ended up receiving your translated certificate yet since its over the 60 days...I'm still waiting on mine. Keep me posted on how that goes and if you end up having to contact someone! Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOOHOOO!!!!!! Gail - I hope your day is extra special. You will LOVE EDR.

 

cheers.gif woot.gifwoot2.gif

Originally Posted by mstigger View Post

FINALLY got everything packed. We ended up with 3 large suitcases and 1 carry on size suitcase.....can't believe we are taking so much, but what's a girl to do!!!

Can't believe we leave Friday!!!! YAY!!! Soooooo excited!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • My daughter is getting married in Punta Cana on May 23rd, 2020. The hotel is charging a fortune for centerpieces that I can make it easily. I need a contact of wholesale florist please. To buy directly. If anyone could help I appreciate
    • Hello Vernicula - Congratulations on your engagement! I agree with everything MarieSam previously posted. One of the most important things when choosing an agent is there experience and their level of  expertise with destinations and resorts.  All of the Wright Travel agents have years of experience working with wedding groups, we have built excellent relationships with many resorts and we have visited, toured and stayed at many resorts in several different  destinations.  Email is one way of communication so you have everything in writing and can access this a anytime, but phone calls can be just as useful. Our goal is to make sure all of your questions are answered from beginning to end and we are happy to set up a phone call whenever you would like. Some couples prefer to only communicate via email and others also want that reassuring voice with a phone call. We can do whatever works best for each coiple.  Please let us know what questioned 
    • When it comes to having a destination wedding, I think the first and most important step is contacting an experienced travel agent who can help guide you to the perfect location and destination resort to host your festivities. This forum/website is actually owned and operated by Wright Travel Agency, which specializes in destination weddings and honeymoons. Wright Travel's team of agents have helped thousands of couples plan their dream weddings for more than a decade. This agency does NOT charge any fees to use their services so they're such a great help and resource for couples, but most importantly, their agents are experts when it comes to destination locations and properties. And they can guide you to the perfect location and resort to fit your needs and price point range. I strongly encourage you to contact Wright Travel at info@wrighttravelagency.com or you can fill out the contact form here: https://www.wrighttravelagency.com/destination-weddings/ Also you can view reviews from past couples who have used Wright Travel here: https://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/reviews/p/21494-wright-travel-agency-destination-wedding-and-honeymoon-specialists/ And lastly, here's an article on 10 reasons why you should use Wright Travel:  I hope that helps you a little as you begin your search for the perfect location for your destination wedding! This website is also a great source of ideas, insight and guidance as you plan your wedding. Best of luck 😉    
    • Hello!! My fiancé and I are planning on a destination wedding and we are wondering if there are any recommendations for a travel agency to use. I’ve emailed some I found online, but find it tough just communicating through email before we decide where to book. After we book, obviously email is convenient! We are in the Niagara Falls On area and would love to sit and meet with someone but don’t know where to start. Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thank you  
    • I’m getting married next May at the Azul Sensatori  in Cancun, I believe they have a hotel specific DJ. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on that versus spending money for an outside vendor and if so any recommendations on a good DJ in that area? Thanks for the help.
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...