Jump to content

Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
4882 replies to this topic

#1941 murmel

murmel
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 1,407 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:12 AM



Originally Posted by ONEILL12 

Stina, you are getting married at the Presidential Gazebo aren't you? Is there a north and a south one? I've seen pictures of a presidential gazebo that looks like it is lined on one side with bushes or trees. We currently have our ceremony booked for D'ITALIA Gazebo but have the option to change it to the Presidential. Valeria said it is the one that is south of the casitas section and not too far from the Fuentes Gazebo. Do you know which one she's talking about?

I was down in January and took pictures of most of the gazebo and reception sites. Click on my user name and look at my photo albums. One is marked El Dorado, you should find what you're looking for there.
 

 


Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

 

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

 

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

 

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/


#1942 Mikecantarell

Mikecantarell

    Insiders

  • Insiders
  • 338 posts

    Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:34 AM

    Hi there,

     

    EDR has beautiful locations for weddings, there are the Gazebo 55, the chapel, the white gazebo, the presidential gazebo, as well as beautiful locations for your studio, the cocktail or the reception, it is the best choice for your wedding, look at the beautiful locations in this videos.

     



    #1943 Mikecantarell

    Mikecantarell

      Insiders

    • Insiders
    • 338 posts

      Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:37 AM

      Here is another video, you can see a lot of locations here. Enjoy it

       

      www.cancunweddingvideo.com

       



      #1944 TheWolferts

      TheWolferts
      • Jr. Member
      • 458 posts

        Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

        What's everyone doing for a mani/pedi?

         

        My thought is to go to my fav salon the day before I leave for a little relaxation and get a mani/pedi using the Shellac gel. I have gotten it before and no chips or dents for 3 weeks!

         

        My concern is that I would like to do a light color on my hands, and I find that when I use a normal nail polish that is light in color, the sea water or chlorine tend to change it to a weird greeny-pink color and I am afraid the Shellac might do that too! I spoke with the EDR salon (through Lomas) and they said they do not offer the Shellac service, so if I went ahead and got a Shellac mani in the states, and then the water did in fact change the color to a "seasick green", then I wouldnt be able to get it removed down there and I would be stuck with gross colored nails.

         

        HELP!



        #1945 Stina9562

        Stina9562
        • Newbie
        • 129 posts

          Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:07 PM


          I get so confused by this as well Oneill12. It is the one that is out lined with bushes. I will be there next week so I will be able to confirm that. I kept seeing pictures and it was very confusing so I email Valeria with them and she was able to help me out.
           

          Originally Posted by ONEILL12 

          Stina, you are getting married at the Presidential Gazebo aren't you? Is there a north and a south one? I've seen pictures of a presidential gazebo that looks like it is lined on one side with bushes or trees. We currently have our ceremony booked for D'ITALIA Gazebo but have the option to change it to the Presidential. Valeria said it is the one that is south of the casitas section and not too far from the Fuentes Gazebo. Do you know which one she's talking about?



           



          #1946 Stina9562

          Stina9562
          • Newbie
          • 129 posts

            Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:09 PM


            I was going to get a pedi the day before I leave as well as the gel nails. Is that the same thing? I wanted a light color as well. Then I thought about just going with a pretty coral color to aoid discoloring.
             

            Originally Posted by TheWolferts 

            What's everyone doing for a mani/pedi?

             

            My thought is to go to my fav salon the day before I leave for a little relaxation and get a mani/pedi using the Shellac gel. I have gotten it before and no chips or dents for 3 weeks!

             

            My concern is that I would like to do a light color on my hands, and I find that when I use a normal nail polish that is light in color, the sea water or chlorine tend to change it to a weird greeny-pink color and I am afraid the Shellac might do that too! I spoke with the EDR salon (through Lomas) and they said they do not offer the Shellac service, so if I went ahead and got a Shellac mani in the states, and then the water did in fact change the color to a "seasick green", then I wouldnt be able to get it removed down there and I would be stuck with gross colored nails.

             

            HELP!



             



            #1947 Jillsepher

            Jillsepher
            • Newbie
            • 92 posts

              Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

              I had never thought about the discoloring from chlorine. So if I were to get like a French Mani/pedi it would turn green?! Ewww! I might jut do what Stina is doing and stick with a Coral color if that's the case. I have a question regarding the bridal suite. Do you just get it or do you have to pay for it? I know the groomsmen get a suite. I wonder if you can just boot them out and take their room if you don't automatically get the suite?:D

              #1948 TheWolferts

              TheWolferts
              • Jr. Member
              • 458 posts

                Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

                I am afraid to chance a light color nail polish because I am afraid it will turn green/yellow, so unless you are getting a mani/pedi down there the day of your wedding, I would stick with a darker color (coral should be fine).

                 

                I had always pictured myself having a fun pink on my toes, but I always thought that a lighter pink would look "classier" on my hands since they will be in so many photos. Then the other half of my brain is the "you are getting married in mexico! have fun with the color!"

                 

                I know the groomsmen get their own suite for the day I believe from 10am-4pm. When I asked Valeria about a bridal suite, she made the point that most brides would rather use their own room since all of their stuff is already there and they dont have to tote anything to another room. We are staying in a casitas so Im totally okay with "just having" that space available to me for the wedding day, while he has to carry all of his stuff to another room.
                 

                Originally Posted by Jillsepher 

                I had never thought about the discoloring from chlorine. So if I were to get like a French Mani/pedi it would turn green?! Ewww! I might jut do what Stina is doing and stick with a Coral color if that's the case.
                I have a question regarding the bridal suite. Do you just get it or do you have to pay for it? I know the groomsmen get a suite. I wonder if you can just boot them out and take their room if you don't automatically get the suite?


                 



                #1949 TheWolferts

                TheWolferts
                • Jr. Member
                • 458 posts

                  Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

                  Shellac I believe is a gel nail polish, so it doesnt dent or chip like a gel nail, but also doesnt add any length as it goes directly on your


                  I was going to get a pedi the day before I leave as well as the gel nails. Is that the same thing? I wanted a light color as well. Then I thought about just going with a pretty coral color to aoid discoloring.
                   



                   



                   



                  #1950 AllieH

                  AllieH
                  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
                  • 2,014 posts
                  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
                  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
                  • LocationAtlanta, GA

                  Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:32 PM


                  I do a shellac or gel every time (two different brands). I've found the gel is more durable for me vs. the shellac, so I will do gel before I go. If they get discolored, they can be soaked off with acetone really easily. and EDR's salon should have acetone for you to use. then you can always get a regular mani there the day of or day before so it'll be pretty for your big day. at least - this is my plan! 

                  Originally Posted by TheWolferts 

                  Shellac I believe is a gel nail polish, so it doesnt dent or chip like a gel nail, but also doesnt add any length as it goes directly on your nail.http://www.cnd.com/Products/Color/shellac-intro.aspx
                   

                  I have used it before and in a light pink, but I didnt spend a week on a beach after I got the Shellac manicure last time.



                   



                   


                   

                  Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

                  Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

                  El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

                  AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome





                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users