Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
4882 replies to this topic

#1711 AllieH

AllieH
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 2,014 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:43 PM

You go girl!!! 

Are you wearing your hair up or down? Can you post pics of your flowers and decorations? 

Show us your dress too, please? 

I had a dream last night that I went to pick up my dress, but the store couldn't find it. they kept bringing out other dresses and trying to force me into them. "Here's your dress." me: "THAT'S NOT MY DRESS!". lol mercy..the wedding nightmares are starting. 

Who are you working with at Lomas?? what are your plans for the wedding and receptions/dinner? dish girl, dish!! lol 

Originally Posted by TheWolferts 

Phewf!!! Well I just had a very busy weekend with wedding planning, but I can now say that I have confirmed 100% of everything with Lomas for the wedding!

I also figured out what I want to do with my hair, made the boutineers, corsages, throw away bouquet and isle decorations! I also got my 2nd fitting and the dress is starting to look perfect on me!

How is everyone else's planning coming along?

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#1712 Stina9562

Stina9562
  • 129 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by TheWolferts 

Phewf!!! Well I just had a very busy weekend with wedding planning, but I can now say that I have confirmed 100% of everything with Lomas for the wedding!

I also figured out what I want to do with my hair, made the boutineers, corsages, throw away bouquet and isle decorations! I also got my 2nd fitting and the dress is starting to look perfect on me!

How is everyone else's planning coming along?

How exciting! I had my first fitting and nothing has to be done but have it cleaned! So excited! My maid of honor on the other hand had to reorder he dress but it will be here in time. I had a stash of wedding things and my fiance brought home a tote today for it but it all didn't fit in there  Goes to show I need to stop shopping! I just keep thinking of wedding stuff I want to bring.

Right now I am busy planning showers. My Maid of Honor is busy with her wedding planning as well so we definately have a lot going on.

#1713 TheWolferts

TheWolferts
    • 458 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:53 PM

Thanks!

I am wearing my hair up, but it's either going to be in a low side curled pony and curly bun thing LOL. I think I will just be too hot if I dont get it at least off my neck. Plus the humidity is crazy! I nixed the headband idea when I found the perfect hair comb/pin!

You go girl!!! 

Are you wearing your hair up or down? Can you post pics of your flowers and decorations? 

Show us your dress too, please? 

I had a dream last night that I went to pick up my dress, but the store couldn't find it. they kept bringing out other dresses and trying to force me into them. "Here's your dress." me: "THAT'S NOT MY DRESS!". lol mercy..the wedding nightmares are starting. 

Who are you working with at Lomas?? what are your plans for the wedding and receptions/dinner? dish girl, dish!! lol 

#1714 AllieH

AllieH
      • 2,014 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
      • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
      • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

hehe I was just helping you along with you future Planning Thread! Thank you for sharing all of this! 

can I say I just love all of your ideas? I love the starfish aisle decor, the centerpieces and your bouquets are lovely! I may have to borrow a few of them, especially the starfish! 

I think you're right to do the rehearsal ceremony, and the hair/make up trial. I think I'm most nervous about my hair of all things. I want to wear it down, or half up/half down, but I think I'm going to have to have an undo as a back up plan once I get down there and deal with the humidity and heat. 

We're going to do the filet & lobster as one option, and then either the chicken or the pork chops (for those that don't do seafood - yes, I have a few in my group!!). 

Do you mind sharing what the cost is for the DJ? I was thinking we'd just do our iPods...but I certainly see your point about keeping the party going, announcements and such. 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#1715 murmel

murmel
      • 1,407 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
      • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:23 PM

Okay, so finally downloaded the photos with descriptions. I have put them onto my profile, since there was lots. Hopefully this link works, if not click on my profile and go to the bottom where my photos are.

http://www.bestdesti...=display_order 

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Hope these help someone! Good luck with all your planning 

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#1716 TheWolferts

TheWolferts
      • 458 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:07 AM

Thanks! If you aren't on Pinterest, you need to be! I have found a lot of great ideas and vendors for decor items that we are bringing down.

I'm not a huge bow person, but I knew I wanted some color on the chairs and a more official looking isle, so I actually saw the idea for the starfish on the Wedding Bee board. We made them this weekend and they are really easy to make! I did a lot of research for pricing and the quality of starfish ( i know, Im a dork

hehe I was just helping you along with you future Planning Thread! Thank you for sharing all of this! 

can I say I just love all of your ideas? I love the starfish aisle decor, the centerpieces and your bouquets are lovely! I may have to borrow a few of them, especially the starfish! 

I think you're right to do the rehearsal ceremony, and the hair/make up trial. I think I'm most nervous about my hair of all things. I want to wear it down, or half up/half down, but I think I'm going to have to have an undo as a back up plan once I get down there and deal with the humidity and heat. 

We're going to do the filet & lobster as one option, and then either the chicken or the pork chops (for those that don't do seafood - yes, I have a few in my group!!). 

Do you mind sharing what the cost is for the DJ? I was thinking we'd just do our iPods...but I certainly see your point about keeping the party going, announcements and such. 

#1717 ElDorado2012

ElDorado2012
        • 131 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:46 AM

These pics are great!!! Thank you!! Did you notice how bad the wind was around the resort? Specifically Gazebo 55, Tucanes Bar, and the Beach Bar? Thanks!!

Originally Posted by murmel 

Okay, so finally downloaded the photos with descriptions. I have put them onto my profile, since there was lots. Hopefully this link works, if not click on my profile and go to the bottom where my photos are.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Hope these help someone! Good luck with all your planning 

#1718 Stina9562

Stina9562
          • 129 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:18 AM

Thanks Murmel for posting those pics! That makes me so much better about my choice! Hope you had a great time!  

Originally Posted by murmel 

#1719 angi111111

angi111111
            • 108 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by ElDorado2012 

These pics are great!!! Thank you!! Did you notice how bad the wind was around the resort? Specifically Gazebo 55, Tucanes Bar, and the Beach Bar? Thanks!!

We were married in November at Gazebo 55 at 3:00 - I noticed very little wind, just a light breeze. And we noticed no breeze the rest of the evening and we were out on the beach til midnight. 

It  really depends on the weather that day tho... It can be very windy along the beach.

You will be protected at Tucanes, a lot of vegetation around the venue and it's set back off beach. 

The WC will have a plan B just in case so no worries!

#1720 murmel

murmel
              • 1,407 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
              • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by ElDorado2012 

While we were there it was really windy every day. So the Gazebo 55 was quite noisy with the wind and strong waves. Tucanes Bar/pool is set back from the beach a bit and protected by large trees- so it's quite protected and private there. The Beach Bar is up from the beach, so you still get some wind, but it's quite a large structure with Jojo's right beside it, so usually at least one side is protected from the wind.

I think my favorite ceremony locations were Gazebo 55, Presidential gazebo north, or the white gazebo across from the Health Bar.

Favorite reception site would have to be Tucanes Bar/pool area. The Health Bar could be set up nicely too.

Originally Posted by Stina9562 

Thanks Murmel for posting those pics! That makes me so much better about my choice! Hope you had a great time!  

We had a great time! And the entertainment staff is loads of fun. The water balloon fights are a blast and I loved 'Name that tune" by the pool! You can also sign out bikes to drive around the property, volleyballs, horseshoes, bocce ball, ping pong paddles, etc. So much fun! :)

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users