Jump to content
jfwolfe72

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

Thanks ladies!!!! I'm so thrilled with them. I had a lot of wording inspiration from pinterest lol I hope my photog will take better pics of them for me.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jillsepher View Post

Those are totally awesome Allie! You did a fabulous job. What other DIY projects do you have pictures of?

 

Originally Posted by TheWolferts View Post

They look great and I love your RSVP card phrasing!

 

The other pics I have right now are the banner for our basket which will gather cards & our "guest book" - which is a mad lib/marriage lib:

 

700

 

 

The banner was made using Maya Road chipboard pieces for the banner & letters, the same text weight paper (blue) that I used for the envelope liners (using my scraps!), the orange & white twin and I glittered the scalloped edge. Here's an up close pic of them (please excuse the color distortion..):

700

 

 

I also have an "M" that is glittery blue and on skewers, that will be in the basket - don't think I've taken a decent pic of that yet.  I have the paper bags and labels done for the survival kits, just haven't packaged the kits up (and I won't until I get my nearly-final headcount). I will take some pics tonight if I get home from work at a decent hour (!$#$%%^!!!!).

 

Paper crafting at it's best...! I am just hoping it doens't look "too" DIY and homemade - that's what I'm trying to balance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You did a fabulous job! I love all the colors and how fun it is. Looks great and puts my craftiness to shame!

Thanks ladies!!!! I'm so thrilled with them. I had a lot of wording inspiration from pinterest lol I hope my photog will take better pics of them for me. Quote: The other pics I have right now are the banner for our basket which will gather cards & our "guest book" - which is a mad lib/marriage lib: 700 The banner was made using Maya Road chipboard pieces for the banner & letters, the same text weight paper (blue) that I used for the envelope liners (using my scraps!), the orange & white twin and I glittered the scalloped edge. Here's an up close pic of them (please excuse the color distortion..): 700 I also have an "M" that is glittery blue and on skewers, that will be in the basket - don't think I've taken a decent pic of that yet.  I have the paper bags and labels done for the survival kits, just haven't packaged the kits up (and I won't until I get my nearly-final headcount). I will take some pics tonight if I get home from work at a decent hour (!$#$%%^!!!!). Paper crafting at it's best...! I am just hoping it doens't look "too" DIY and homemade - that's what I'm trying to balance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thank you!! I can copy just about anything lol it helps that I have a huge stash of scrapbook paper, tools, stamps, ink, etc. it's been languishing away, and I haven't touched it in a long time. it's nice to break it out again!

 

what are you working on? anything I can help with?

Originally Posted by Jillsepher View Post

You did a fabulous job! I love all the colors and how fun it is. Looks great and puts my craftiness to shame!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thank you!! I can copy just about anything lol it helps that I have a huge stash of scrapbook paper, tools, stamps, ink, etc. it's been languishing away, and I haven't touched it in a long time. it's nice to break it out again! what are you working on? anything I can help with?
You are too sweet! Luckily I no longer have to make my MOH bouquet anymore so all I have left is my OOT bags and I'm going to pier one to get some small gift bags and ten the dollar store and target to load up on my items. Are you having your OOT bags delivered to the rooms for $4/ea or are you going to find all of your guests am give it to them personally?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by asmithpoulin View Post

 

Well ladies, this will be my last post here :( About 80% of our VIP's informed us that they would be unable to make the trip. A few pregnancies with due dates within a month of our date as well as financial hardships, job loss etc. So... Plan B. We are getting married on Nov. 23rd at a NC Beach. Using the trip as a Thanksgiving holiday, almost 100% of our guest list has committed to coming. My key requirements were Beach and Family. This way I get both at least! I will certainly miss the tropical feel, open bar, etc. But my fiance and I both agree this is for the best.

We will be traveling on our original date for our honeymoon, since we have already booked air and are certainly still excited to experience EDR!

I hope you all continue to enjoy your planning and have wonderful weddings at EDR!

So sorry to hear that, but I'm certain you will have a fabulous beach wedding in NC and still have a fabulous honeymoon at EDR!!! Since you will be there the same time as our wedding, stop by....we are not doing a fancy reception type thing, but a cocktail hour...with the donkey of course!!!wink.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is AWESOME......even though I have never heard of a mad lib/marriage lib.....I mean I know what mad libs are, but how does this work?

I love it!!!! You are soooo crafty.......I WISH I was crafty!!

 

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

Thanks ladies!!!! I'm so thrilled with them. I had a lot of wording inspiration from pinterest lol I hope my photog will take better pics of them for me.

 

Quote:

 

 

The other pics I have right now are the banner for our basket which will gather cards & our "guest book" - which is a mad lib/marriage lib:

 

700

 

 

The banner was made using Maya Road chipboard pieces for the banner & letters, the same text weight paper (blue) that I used for the envelope liners (using my scraps!), the orange & white twin and I glittered the scalloped edge. Here's an up close pic of them (please excuse the color distortion..):

700

 

 

I also have an "M" that is glittery blue and on skewers, that will be in the basket - don't think I've taken a decent pic of that yet.  I have the paper bags and labels done for the survival kits, just haven't packaged the kits up (and I won't until I get my nearly-final headcount). I will take some pics tonight if I get home from work at a decent hour (!$#$%%^!!!!).

 

Paper crafting at it's best...! I am just hoping it doens't look "too" DIY and homemade - that's what I'm trying to balance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to give them the bags at the welcome dinner on the night they arrive. Anyone who doesn't make it in time for the dinner, we'll tell them to meet us at the beach bar or martini bar, and give them to them at that time. for the one or two people staying off site, who may not be at EDR until the wedding day, I may mail them ahead of time, or just not give them one (I mean, they couldn't stay at our property to help us with rates, so am I really concerned about them getting stuff..? they'll still get a favor at the wedding). I haven't made up my mind on that.

Originally Posted by Jillsepher View Post


You are too sweet! Luckily I no longer have to make my MOH bouquet anymore so all I have left is my OOT bags and I'm going to pier one to get some small gift bags and ten the dollar store and target to load up on my items. Are you having your OOT bags delivered to the rooms for $4/ea or are you going to find all of your guests am give it to them personally?

 

Originally Posted by mstigger View Post

These are AWESOME!!!!! What a great job you did!!

 

thank you!!!

 

Originally Posted by mstigger View Post

This is AWESOME......even though I have never heard of a mad lib/marriage lib.....I mean I know what mad libs are, but how does this work?

I love it!!!! You are soooo crafty.......I WISH I was crafty!!

 

 

I saw the one below on pinterest, and my graphic designer friend tweaked it for us.  I figured all of our friends have a crazy sense of humor, so these should be hilarious to read. I'll bind them into a "book" of sorts when we get back.

 

700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I decided to do the madlib as our guest book too... actually I just finished designing them last night.  We're getting them printed from vistaprint on their rack cards.  Here's a sneak peek... I based it off of the same Wedding Madlib that was on pinterest... I love that site...

700

 

Originally Posted by mstigger View Post

This is AWESOME......even though I have never heard of a mad lib/marriage lib.....I mean I know what mad libs are, but how does this work?

I love it!!!! You are soooo crafty.......I WISH I was crafty!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×