Money Exchange?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 robbiemoe

robbiemoe
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:29 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm getting married at Iberostar Varadero next week - for anyone that has been there, can/should we exchange our money at the hotel, or should we do it at the airport?

Thanks!!

#2 Fireweed

Fireweed
    • 77 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:09 PM

I think you should try to do it at the airport because the rates are slightly better there. At least that's what we were told last time we went to Cuba.

#3 NaM

NaM
      • 2,256 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:15 PM

I don't think you really need to exchange money. Everywhere takes (and most places prefer) American cash so maybe you can do it in Canada and just get some US bills.

#4 AlexsBride

AlexsBride
        • 401 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:38 PM

I really don't think Cuba takes American cash!
          Mom to two beautiful girls, Izzy and Delilah and about to marry their Daddy! :)

#5 NaM

NaM
          • 2,256 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:40 PM

bahah sorry! I assumed Mexico....

#6 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
            • 450 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:28 AM

You can exchange at either the hotel or airport...I haven't heard which is better. It has to be in Canadian funds. :-)

#7 Fireweed

Fireweed
              • 77 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:45 AM

Haha definitely don't bring American cash. They won't even take any credit cards associated with American banks. They WILL exchange US funds, but you will pay a penalty. Just bring Canadian money and you'll be good.

#8 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
                • Vendor
                • 2,782 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:10 PM

Money can be exchanged at the airport, all the hotels(cadeca) and in the cities at the banks. Exchange rates are all the same. Just watch your change. All these places are really good at shortchanging you.

US $ can be accepted once in a while...but not really. Many won't accept.
                  You can tip in any currency you like though. They'll take anything!

#9 HazelsMelody

HazelsMelody
                  • 169 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:36 PM

So if you ARE going to change your money from Canadian, what do you change it to? Is it best just to stick with Canadian for at the resort and, say any extra excursions, or is it better to change it?
                    Iberostar Varadero
                    25 March 2011
                    Bride & Groom and kids + 20 booked.

#10 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
                    • Vendor
                    • 2,782 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:38 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by HazelsMelody
                      So if you ARE going to change your money from Canadian, what do you change it to? Is it best just to stick with Canadian for at the resort and, say any extra excursions, or is it better to change it?
                      You will need to change it sooner or late to CUC(Cuban Pesos) Unless you are buying counterfeit cigars from a guy on a beach...or willing to pay 5x more for a mosquito repellent at 1am... then you will need to use cuban pesos. All excursions are charged in pesos.
                      Also, if Cadeca is closed then you can exchange your money at the front desk too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users