I really hope you don't have her. She was terrible! I really mean it. She doesn't listen to anything you say but pretends she does, she denies everything, and when I complained about her to her manager, she didn't seem to be too surprised. I'll give you examples of what she did:
1. She asked when we arrive into Mexico. I advised 5:30 at the airport. She asked to meet at 6. I explained that's not possible considering we have to clear customs and take the shuttle. After 4 emails of disagreeing, she agreed to 7. The morning of our flight we found out our flight was going to be delayed. I emailed her immediately advising her. She said no problem I will wait. We arrived at 7:20, she was already gone. The next day she had 5 weddings, so she said she was really busy and would squeeze us in. She claims that she waited until 7:45 for us and was upset that we didn't make it on time because she had a 14 hour shift (the day we met). We had the front desk call her office in front of us at check-in and they said she was gone for the day. She denied it and called me a liar.
2. We ordered chair sashes the day we met her. She had samples in her office. The day of the wedding, she used a different shade that what we ordered.
3. She agreed to pick up our stuff (unity candle, favors, etc) from our room the day of the wedding. Her and I walked back from the spa and she said she would be back for them. She never showed up. My guests had to do it.
4. She lost our table seating chart. We bought starfish that I asked her to place in a chest I brought. The starfish had escort cards attached. She decided to put the starfish on each table rather than the guest pick them up themselves. This took forever because she didn't know who was seating where. My husband's aunts had to guess.
5. I asked for a head table for 10 of us. She set up a rectangular table (as requested) but put chairs around it. When I asked her why she didn't have us all facing one direction, she blamed me for not specifying that. Then an hour later suggested we move my parents to the back so she can set the table the way we wanted. Of course I didn't do that.
6. Not sure if it was her job to coordinate or not, but the cake wasn't served. My husband served it to everyone.
7. The day we met her to go over everything, I asked her what happens if it rains and can we see the ballrooms, she said not to worry about it because the weather looked fine (which no one can predict) but she decided to ask me what ballroom I wanted while I was getting my hair done the day of the wedding since there was a slight chance of rain. That's not something a bride should stress about the day of. It was my responsibility to have looked at the ballrooms in advance. I recommend everyone do that regardless of the expected weather but she didn't know how to talk to a bride. She approached me in a stressful way- hard to explain I guess.
8. She packed up my unity candle and taper candles right after the chapel. I had some family members in charge of collecting our stuff (which I recommend you do). However no one (including the hotel) knew where they were. The hotel ended up finding them somewhere and we got them back during our second week.
8. She was overall very unpleasant, never smiled, didn't seem to like her job. She was very disorganized.
If you do end up with her just keep in mind that she won't do much for you and have some guest (of course not a BM or your mom because they'll be busy) do the little details and touches you want. Print out instructions for any little detail you want her to follow. Keep a copy for yourself and give that to someone else who can manage. We had 54 guests and 3 of them helped her. Really you shouldn't have to do that but for piece of mind, I suggest you do if you're having a big wedding. Also, I suggest you choose someone who can make decisions for you the day of. She asked me so many questions that day and it was really stressful. I had my cousin take charge because I got fed up with her. It was like nothing I said the day we met went through her head.
I hope things work out for you (and all brides) the most important thing is to be organized and have back up plans.
Originally Posted by Bride2B22
Wanda- I've read so many bad reviews on Flora!!! how was she?? i am def requesting NOT to have her!!