Photo

Beach Wedding and then BARN AHR!!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 reaganlane

reaganlane
  • 180 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:54 AM

Ok, so I am getting married in Mexico on October 26th. We are only having very little family and friends attend the wedding and then they are leaving because we are spending the rest of the week on our honeymoon. Since I have such a LARGE family, we are planning a reception at home in Tennessee and since it will be November, we're going for a rustic fall theme in a barn we rented. It's going to be fun and casual and a big party but I am wearing my wedding dress and doing the whole "father/daughter dance and cake cutting" because my family is so sad I'm not having a church wedding. Here is my question...since my two themes are so different, should I keep everything seperate for the two occassions? I am looking into invites and LOVE the passport invites that Rebecca makes but not sure if that would flow with my barn theme. Any advice

#2 roo66

roo66
    • 1,001 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 04:02 AM

Why dont you do differnt invites you only have a small nunber of guests for the DW so send passports to those to the people you know are coming.
      Ive just had a thought could you use birds as your monogramm to tie the two themes together.
      Am i being dim does mexico have a cockeral/chicken as a symbol you see everywhere? or is it Spain if they do you could use that somewhere maybe
      Sorry ive probably only added to your sence of confusion.
      Maria x

#3 debbmach

debbmach
      • 1,457 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:34 AM

i think you should have two separate invites too. i'm sending boarding pass invites for my destination wedding and then something else (TBD) for the at home reception. not sure how you would tie the two themes together otherwise.
        http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#4 josietoms

josietoms
        • 765 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:52 AM

I am having a large AHR when i get back from Mexico - i will still be going along the same theme ie; beach but am still doing different invites for the AHR.

Just do different invites with different themes :-)
          Josie x

#5 wendyjd

wendyjd
          • 968 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:15 PM

Reagan, I say go with 2 different themed events/invites. I'm not sure how to do a Mexican themed barn party, you would really need lots of decorations.

Where in TN are you?? We live near (30mi) Nashville.

#6 reaganlane

reaganlane
            • 180 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:06 PM

I'm in Chattanooga...about 2 hours from Nashville. I have decided to go with two different invites. Passport welcome books for the OOT bags in Cancun made by Rebecca and still up in the air on the barn invites. With over 200 of them going out, I have to keep the cost down so I'm not spending a fortune on my invites! LOL! Thanks for all the responces though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users