Jump to content

Photo

Sand Ceremony


  • Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#81 2012mrstobe

2012mrstobe
  • Jr. Member
  • 164 posts

    Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:57 PM

    My 2 bonus children (FI's children) will be participating in the sand ceremony with us. Has anyone come across a kit for families? If so, I would appreciate if you could post a link. Thanks in advance! 2012mrstobe

    #82 Smoylan

    Smoylan
    • Jr. Member
    • 202 posts

      Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:57 PM

      I love love this! I never wanted a sand ceremony until I saw this!

       



      #83 anudrm

      anudrm
      • Member
      • 760 posts

        Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:20 PM

        You can always buy extra vases and switch the colors up to incoorperate them into your ceremony.
         

        Originally Posted by 2012mrstobe 

        My 2 bonus children (FI's children) will be participating in the sand ceremony with us. Has anyone come across a kit for families? If so, I would appreciate if you could post a link.
        Thanks in advance!
        2012mrstobe


         



        #84 aholen

        aholen
        • Site Supporter
        • 101 posts

          Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:56 PM

          I purchased my sand from from theforeverframe.com. I was very happy with their product.

           

          They just sent a coupon, if anyone is interested:

           

          "We're offering 1/2 off engraving service plus a free graphic ($23 value) on your order when you use the Promo Code: Holidays2011


          Choose from a Christmas Tree, Snow Flake, Cross, Holly, Heart or any one of the over 20 graphics we offer.  Contact us for a full list.

          Use our frame for your own wedding or as a gift for a future bride, anniversary, birthday, baby shower or graduate."
          "
           



          #85 Vancouver Bride

          Vancouver Bride
          • Site Supporter
          • 85 posts

            Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

            Hi

             

            We ordered the Forever Frame from www.foreverframe.com. The frame, engraving, and 4lbs of guava and blue sand (fills it half up) was $102 US Dollars. The company answers tons of emails so I could match the sand colours (they are the same as David's Bridal's colours), and were amazing with customer service. It has a plastic plate that locks in to prevent the sand from moving when filled half way. We are mixing coloured sand with real sand from the beach.

             

            Here is a demo picture from their webpage.

             

             

             

            Here is what the empty frame looks like with the metal engraving at the bottom. 

             

             

             

            If you are planning on filling up the entire frame with sand, then the keeper plate isn't really necessary, so maybe you can find a less expensive option. If you join the company's Facebook or Twitter page, you get monthly discounts. Will post pics from our wedding in 5 weeks!

             

            Vancouver Bride

             

             



            #86 DestinationGirl

            DestinationGirl
            • Jr. Member
            • 166 posts

              Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:53 AM

              I really like that one - its so pretty!



              #87 MsKenyaF

              MsKenyaF
              • Jr. Member
              • 159 posts

                Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:01 AM

                Love this one!

                Originally Posted by Vancouver Bride 

                Hi

                 

                We ordered the Forever Frame from www.foreverframe.com. The frame, engraving, and 4lbs of guava and blue sand (fills it half up) was $102 US Dollars. The company answers tons of emails so I could match the sand colours (they are the same as David's Bridal's colours), and were amazing with customer service. It has a plastic plate that locks in to prevent the sand from moving when filled half way. We are mixing coloured sand with real sand from the beach.

                 

                Here is a demo picture from their webpage.

                 

                 

                 

                Here is what the empty frame looks like with the metal engraving at the bottom. 

                 

                 

                 

                If you are planning on filling up the entire frame with sand, then the keeper plate isn't really necessary, so maybe you can find a less expensive option. If you join the company's Facebook or Twitter page, you get monthly discounts. Will post pics from our wedding in 5 weeks!

                 

                Vancouver Bride

                 

                 



                #88 Speckles121

                Speckles121
                • Member
                • 720 posts

                  Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:19 AM

                  Does anyone have a script that can incorporate guests into the sand ceremony?? We are giving our guests each a small glass bottle to fill with sand and we will ask them to "build the foundation" to our frame..but I don't know how to word it..helpp???



                  #89 Vancouver Bride

                  Vancouver Bride
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 85 posts

                    Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

                    Originally Posted by Speckles121 

                    Does anyone have a script that can incorporate guests into the sand ceremony?? We are giving our guests each a small glass bottle to fill with sand and we will ask them to "build the foundation" to our frame..but I don't know how to word it..helpp???

                    Here is a compilation of a few sand ceremonies I found on BDW. Let me know if you can't download the word document :)

                     

                     

                     

                     

                     

                    Attached Files



                    #90 nursebrooke

                    nursebrooke
                    • Newbie
                    • 95 posts

                      Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

                      Originally Posted by 2012mrstobe 

                      My 2 bonus children (FI's children) will be participating in the sand ceremony with us. Has anyone come across a kit for families? If so, I would appreciate if you could post a link.
                      Thanks in advance!
                      2012mrstobe

                      I was thinking of this also, did you find anything good?


                      Life is better with your best friend, that's why I am marrying mine <3





                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users