Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
katelynn

Sand Ceremony

Recommended Posts

My 2 bonus children (FI's children) will be participating in the sand ceremony with us. Has anyone come across a kit for families? If so, I would appreciate if you could post a link. Thanks in advance! 2012mrstobe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can always buy extra vases and switch the colors up to incoorperate them into your ceremony.
 

Originally Posted by 2012mrstobe View Post

My 2 bonus children (FI's children) will be participating in the sand ceremony with us. Has anyone come across a kit for families? If so, I would appreciate if you could post a link.
Thanks in advance!
2012mrstobe


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I purchased my sand from from theforeverframe.com. I was very happy with their product.

 

They just sent a coupon, if anyone is interested:

 

"We're offering 1/2 off engraving service plus a free graphic ($23 value) on your order when you use the Promo Code: Holidays2011


Choose from a Christmas Tree, Snow Flake, Cross, Holly, Heart or any one of the over 20 graphics we offer.  Contact us for a full list.

Use our frame for your own wedding or as a gift for a future bride, anniversary, birthday, baby shower or graduate."
"
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

 

We ordered the Forever Frame from www.foreverframe.com. The frame, engraving, and 4lbs of guava and blue sand (fills it half up) was $102 US Dollars. The company answers tons of emails so I could match the sand colours (they are the same as David's Bridal's colours), and were amazing with customer service. It has a plastic plate that locks in to prevent the sand from moving when filled half way. We are mixing coloured sand with real sand from the beach.

 

Here is a demo picture from their webpage.

 

700

 

 

Here is what the empty frame looks like with the metal engraving at the bottom. 

 

 

1000

 

If you are planning on filling up the entire frame with sand, then the keeper plate isn't really necessary, so maybe you can find a less expensive option. If you join the company's Facebook or Twitter page, you get monthly discounts. Will post pics from our wedding in 5 weeks!

 

Vancouver Bride

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love this one!

Originally Posted by Vancouver Bride View Post

Hi

 

We ordered the Forever Frame from www.foreverframe.com. The frame, engraving, and 4lbs of guava and blue sand (fills it half up) was $102 US Dollars. The company answers tons of emails so I could match the sand colours (they are the same as David's Bridal's colours), and were amazing with customer service. It has a plastic plate that locks in to prevent the sand from moving when filled half way. We are mixing coloured sand with real sand from the beach.

 

Here is a demo picture from their webpage.

 

700

 

 

Here is what the empty frame looks like with the metal engraving at the bottom. 

 

 

1000

 

If you are planning on filling up the entire frame with sand, then the keeper plate isn't really necessary, so maybe you can find a less expensive option. If you join the company's Facebook or Twitter page, you get monthly discounts. Will post pics from our wedding in 5 weeks!

 

Vancouver Bride

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have a script that can incorporate guests into the sand ceremony?? We are giving our guests each a small glass bottle to fill with sand and we will ask them to "build the foundation" to our frame..but I don't know how to word it..helpp???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Speckles121 View Post

 

Does anyone have a script that can incorporate guests into the sand ceremony?? We are giving our guests each a small glass bottle to fill with sand and we will ask them to "build the foundation" to our frame..but I don't know how to word it..helpp???

Here is a compilation of a few sand ceremonies I found on BDW. Let me know if you can't download the word document :)

 

 

 

 

 

Sand Ceremony Script Ideas.docx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by 2012mrstobe View Post

 

My 2 bonus children (FI's children) will be participating in the sand ceremony with us. Has anyone come across a kit for families? If so, I would appreciate if you could post a link.

Thanks in advance!

2012mrstobe

I was thinking of this also, did you find anything good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
    • Flower girl dresses tend to follow the latest trends in bridal party and thanks for sharing Great website that provide  good collection & services with affordable price .
  • Topics

×