Photo

Anyone Use Digipix in Jamaica?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 cyclegirl77

cyclegirl77
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:03 PM

Hi - I'm getting married in Jamaica @ Iberostar & the hotel has Digipix as their photographer to use. I have clicked on their site - they don't have a lot of photos listed in order to really see what their total portfolio looks like. Has anyone used them? Or have most of you ladies used a different photographer?

Thanks!
    S
    Our Wedding Video: http://vimeo.com/14107350

#2 BrieP

BrieP
    • 27 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:51 PM

Hi cyclegirl!!!

I would also love to know the answer to this question - I am getting married at the Iberostar in January and was at first looking at an outside photographer but was thinking it may be easier to go with Digipix if their work is good.
      BRIE

#3 wendyjd

wendyjd
      • 968 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:32 PM

I sent them an email last night (thru their website) and had a response this morning. How's that for turn around time!!! I asked if they had any examples from IRH or any TTD experience. Below is their reply:

HI WENDY BELOW ARE SOME LINK WHERE YOU CAN CHECK TO SEE OUR WORK YES WE OFER ALL OUR SERVICES . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US FOR ANY QUESTIONS .THANK YOU

Wayne

BEST REGARDS

DIGIPIX JAMAICA LIMITED
        SHOP 7 AT PUEBLO PRINCIPE
        RUNAWAY BAY , ST ANN
        JAMAICA W. I.

TEL 1876 953 8052
        1876 484 4560

WEBSITE
        DIGIPIX LTD

contact@digipixltd.com

WEDD SAMPLE GRAN BAHIA PRINCIPE NO POST PRODUCTION
        http://www.digipixltd.com/weddphojuor/

WEDD SAMPLE IBEROSTAR ROSEHALL NO POST PRODUCTION
        MAY 1st AIMEE AND GARY

ALBUM SAMPLE POST PRODUCTION
        DIGIPIX ALBUMS

#4 TanyonL

TanyonL
        • 166 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 11:35 AM

Hi wendyjd. This is great info. Thanks!

#5 SunnyDBride

SunnyDBride
          • 44 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:39 PM

I'm getting married at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort. I looked online at their website and they have photos there but the quality was terrible. They were all grainy. Every photo. I wasn't happy about that and am looking to bringing in another photographer.

I jsut looked at the links you posted. One doesn't work but the other two that did are better than what's on their main website but as you can see still is poor quality overall. The lighting isn't good, there is blurriness, etc. I would suggest trying to find a different photog. If the price is too much, perhaps you can get a smaller package and get reprint rights so that you can do what you like with the photos later. Just a thought.

#6 Caprice35

Caprice35
            • 188 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:38 PM

I saw a post that said Digipix is improving and the manager is aware of their bad reputation. Has anyone used them recently and if so, what are your thoughts on your pictures? Also, does the Civil wedding package include negatives along with the pictures included in the package?

#7 Jamaica2012

Jamaica2012
              • 176 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:36 PM

Has anyone used them recently?  

.....Brides.....anyone out there have any recent experience with them?

:-)

4.27.2012 @ Iberostar Rose Hall Beach ~ Montego Bay

#8 fungirl97

fungirl97
                • 55 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:37 AM

I am curious too. I have seen some of their photos from late 2010 and they don't look bad for the price. 

#9 dczerr

dczerr
                  • 1 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:27 PM

We are getting married in January 2012 and need a photographer - Iberostar recommends digipix - did you use them?  and did you get negatives?  we would just get a small package but want good quality.....are these the guys for the job?   Let us know.   Thanks!

#10 ameliairene

ameliairene
                    • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:37 AM

As a side note, there's no vendor fee for Sun Gold photography. And they have a portfolio to review. Good luck! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users