Letterpress invitations

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bethtamar

• 74 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:44 PM

I love letter press and would love a simple letter press invitation. Does anyone have a vendor they recommend? Also, how much should I expect to spend per complete invitation?
    Beth and Jason
    May 25, 2008
    Nuevo Vallarta

#2 calyx6

• 160 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:14 PM

For a good starting point, you can try paper-source. letterpress: custom letterpress wedding & party invitations & announcements - Paper Source
      How much it costs will really depend on how many invites you want.
      Custom Invitations, Letterpress Invitations, Wedding Stationery, and More - Dauphine Press also has lots choices.

Tulum - November 3, 2007

#3 starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:16 PM

I think they are a few hundred more than non-letterpress. I recommend White Aisle.

#4 KarlaV

• 171 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:09 PM

Hi Beth,

I just started my own custom stationary business. And my printer contact gives me great discounts on letterpress. The price he quotes me depends on a lot of factors such as number of colors, artwork, and bleeds.
          For 100 complete invitations (envelope, 5x7 invite, and response card) would probably cost about $350 for 1-color and $500 for 2-color.

I love letterpress. I think it is definately worth any extra money. PM me if you are interested. You can also check out my website at Karla Zepeda Designs

Wedding Slideshow
          Engagement Slideshow
          May 5, 2007Westin Resort and Spa Los CabosCustom Stationery and Wedding Invitations

#5 gkashmira

• 1,962 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:10 PM

get them from KarlaV!
            Kashmira & Dan
            Happily married since June 16, 2007
            Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
            Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#6 calyx6

• 160 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:18 PM

Didn't think of this, but are you a DIY person? If so and you know exactly what you want, you can go directly to a letterpress printer with your design. letterpress wedding invitations letterpress stationery carbonlesss forms ncr - Letterpress Printing . They have about a 4 to 5 week turnaround time once the proofs have been approved.

Tulum - November 3, 2007

#7 foxytv

• VIP Member
              • 7,740 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:25 PM

Wow, I was not familiar with the terminology ... but I definitely like this style. A little too pricey for me, though. Guess I'll stick to the DIY projects! :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users