Jump to content

Photo

Any brides from the UK


  • Please log in to reply
3940 replies to this topic

#3581 michelle2011

michelle2011
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,301 posts

    Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:34 AM



    Originally Posted by waybuloo 



    hahaha I got the giggles through my vows as well which made everyone there laugh....I keep watching it back & having a chuckle....lol

     

    OMG on the dress that is terrible....they actually ballsed up mine as well, dress was fine but my original dress had a strap on one shoulder that I didn't know if I liked so they said they would detach it but put poppers on so I could make a choice when I was out there....I decided to keep it off but put it on for the evening so looked a bit different however when we went to attach it the poppers weren't there!!!! Not a major but still not what we paid for eh?  My dress is black on the bottom OMG it looks like I have been to Glastonbury in it!!!!....lol



     



    Oh its bad isn't it. They told me to put it in writing. Which i will and i'll take it in. Never know they might refund the hoop hire or something. I mean who the hell wants to sow their wedding dress on their wedding day? I think you should complain about the strap. If you had your heart set on it you would have been really upset about it wouldn't you?

     

    Ha ha my dress was black after dragging it around the hotel for photos (i didn't wear my heels then either) it was BLACK!! I put it in to be cleaned the next day and they got it all out. It took them two days but it is spotless now and only cost 112pesos so around £7!!!!!!! I put it in today to be steamed so all the creases are out for saturday!

     

    I will be sad after saturday! I wont get to wear my dress again! (well i prob will put it on now and again ha ha) x

     



    #3582 Nicyx

    Nicyx
    • Sr. Member
    • 2,914 posts

      Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:54 AM



      Originally Posted by nina874 

      Nicyx -I am sooooo thrilled about the dress, it is a dream come true!! We are doing the skype thing at the end of next week and I can't wait!

       

      In answer to your question we have DD 22, DS 20, DS16, DD 13, DS11, DS9 I also have a surrogate DS who is my dearest son age 20's best friend who has lived with us for the last 3 years since his parents emigrated and he didn't want to go! In addition to that I am the unofficial home for waif and stray teenage/early 20's boys so we have another one moving in for a month before he goes off to uni. I also have 5 totally bonkers dogs 3 of which are Newfoundlands! to say that our house is raucous is an understatement, never a dull moment here!

       

      I want to do a TTD session with my photographer, but in light of the recent development dress wise there is NOOOOO WAAAY that I am swimming in my real dress, would you believe that I won a Susannah Neville gown on ebay for £33!!?? It arrived today, and yes I had the same problem with it that I have had with all the dresses, but for the TTD I can get a dressmaker to turn the top 5 buttons into a lace up corset type fastening and hopefully you wont be able to tell! I have to say it looks really nice and it has made me question what skirt type I want on my dress 

      welcome back Mrs Page!!!

      can't wait to see some pics & read your review. (still haven't got round to doing mine yet!lol)



      Oooooo, hurry girls, i cant wait to read xxx



      Originally Posted by waybuloo 



      hahaha I got the giggles through my vows as well which made everyone there laugh....I keep watching it back & having a chuckle....lol

       

      OMG on the dress that is terrible....they actually ballsed up mine as well, dress was fine but my original dress had a strap on one shoulder that I didn't know if I liked so they said they would detach it but put poppers on so I could make a choice when I was out there....I decided to keep it off but put it on for the evening so looked a bit different however when we went to attach it the poppers weren't there!!!! Not a major but still not what we paid for eh?  My dress is black on the bottom OMG it looks like I have been to Glastonbury in it!!!!....lol



       


      Yes we keep laughing a little things too, funny isnt it, even some of the mishaps couldnt ruin it for us, just tghings to look back on which made it all part of a perfect day.

       

      My dress too.... when we got back from Mexico, i put vanish in the bath and put a bit of water in and used a soft sponge to get dirt and sand out... sinec the AHR i need to do the same, but as you say its like its been to Glastonbury and back.... think i will make it my misson at weekend.... i will get it dry cleaned if i ever sell it, but i just dont know if i will ever be able to... xxx

       



      #3583 samcalv1

      samcalv1
      • Jr. Member
      • 300 posts

        Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:50 AM

        Welcome back Michelle and Waybuloo cannot wait to read your reviews and see your pics, what are your names on facebook would you mind if I request you cos I would love to see your pics xxxx  And Lyndsey hurry up with your reviews LOL x

         

        Nina - You've got your hands full lol xxx I have two children Joshua who is 14 and Natasha who is 8 and they are a handful so your house must be interesting lol xx Josh is walking me down the aisle so really excited about that and Natasha is a bridesmaid....

         

        Ordered our cake for our AHR when we get home and next thing now is to send out the invites for our AHR.....



        #3584 michelle2011

        michelle2011
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,301 posts

          Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:11 AM



          Originally Posted by samcalv1 

          Welcome back Michelle and Waybuloo cannot wait to read your reviews and see your pics, what are your names on facebook would you mind if I request you cos I would love to see your pics xxxx  And Lyndsey hurry up with your reviews LOL x

           

          Nina - You've got your hands full lol xxx I have two children Joshua who is 14 and Natasha who is 8 and they are a handful so your house must be interesting lol xx Josh is walking me down the aisle so really excited about that and Natasha is a bridesmaid....

           

          Ordered our cake for our AHR when we get home and next thing now is to send out the invites for our AHR.....



          I'm now Michelle Page on FB. I'll upload my wedding pic's this weekend.

           

          My son walked me down the aisle and it was lovely. He really did us proud :o) Scarlett was our flowergirl and although she got fed up with photos she was good really! Having the reception on the beach worked out lovely actually cos all the kids just ran around in the sand while us adults chatted and drunk the night away!

           



          #3585 samcalv1

          samcalv1
          • Jr. Member
          • 300 posts

            Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:50 AM

            It sounds lovely Michelle xx Can't wait for mine now ..... Really can't wait to see your pics x

             

            Originally Posted by michelle2011 





            I'm now Michelle Page on FB. I'll upload my wedding pic's this weekend.

             

            My son walked me down the aisle and it was lovely. He really did us proud :o) Scarlett was our flowergirl and although she got fed up with photos she was good really! Having the reception on the beach worked out lovely actually cos all the kids just ran around in the sand while us adults chatted and drunk the night away!

             



             



            #3586 samcalv1

            samcalv1
            • Jr. Member
            • 300 posts

              Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:54 AM

              Michelle - Just requested you xxxx.... Was Harrison nervous???? Cos Josh has mentioned to me that he is nervous about walking me down the aisle bless xx



              #3587 waybuloo

              waybuloo
              • Jr. Member
              • 306 posts

                Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:29 AM

                I am Lisa Trevett on facebook.....need to change soon to Adams!! My photos are on but will upload more tonight :)



                #3588 michelle2011

                michelle2011
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,301 posts

                  Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:27 AM



                  Originally Posted by samcalv1 

                  Michelle - Just requested you xxxx.... Was Harrison nervous???? Cos Josh has mentioned to me that he is nervous about walking me down the aisle bless xx



                  Harrison was ok until the wedding morning then my god did the nerves kick in! He was like a father of the bride, all over the place and i kept telling him to chill out ha ha... he was nervous walking me down the aisle and he cried the whole way through the ceremony! Such an emotional kid. I didn't cry at all i just got nervous giggles. He was also worried about doing a speech but i think my BM's husband had a chat with him and a few swigs of his drink and he did a little one. Not the one he planned but just a thank you and enjoy the night brief one! It was lovely :o)

                   

                   

                   



                  #3589 samcalv1

                  samcalv1
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 300 posts

                    Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:33 AM

                    Lisa - Your pics are lovely..... You looked stunning xxx

                     

                    Michelle - Theres lovely of Harrison to do a speech xxx



                    #3590 waybuloo

                    waybuloo
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 306 posts

                      Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:09 AM



                      Thank you Sam :)  Just want to be doing it all again!x

                      Originally Posted by samcalv1 

                      Lisa - Your pics are lovely..... You looked stunning xxx

                       

                      Michelle - Theres lovely of Harrison to do a speech xxx



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users