Thank you all girlies

Ive had a stressful day so much so ive banned a customer from eating with us ever again

BUT i  came home to a huge wedding card on the mat from all of the boys and then Josh and Hayley are telling me to close my eyes so i know i must have a pressie.

Im like "my eyes are closed but i dont want a cat" and to my relief and pleasure theyve been to Bluewater and had a wedding photo blown up huge and put onto a canvas.Its the one we both loved of me kissing Paul when the registra said "you can now kiss the groom"

Janapana i loved the wowsers trousers comment you make me laff x

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally Posted by herbie76 View Post

Roo you look amazing, love you dress and hair.

Well ladies rings are ordered, and I got 4 lovely bridesmaid necklaces free so bonus!

Brilliant bonus :-) And bet its a great feeling now you have ordered your rings x

Originally Posted by roo66 View Post

AHHHHH THANKS GIRLS

Kerry my dress is a pronovois named desert it was perfect and i didnt feel hot at all.I am going to sell it and i think.I may bUy a piece of jewelry with the money i cant see the point in storing it in the roof.Maybe a ring to sit along side my wedding ring.

I have so many more photos ill try and get some more posted asap.

Oh and of course the review ...........................

On a slightly sour note Paula one of our guests behaved so badly during the two weeks she will never stepfoot inside our home again.She is the one who had the hump about somink a few weeks before we flew out.I feel relieved its happened just a little miffed that she felt it was ok to behave as she did at a special time for us.Hey ho our lives will be less stressful x

Oh no, what a cow.... more so she did it when you were away.... Good riddance i say :-)

Great idea to get a piece of jewellrey that you like!!

Cant wait for more pix & of course the review... I do love the pix though... like the one lots of the girls together :-)

xox

Originally Posted by roo66 View Post

Thank you all girlies

Ive had a stressful day so much so ive banned a customer from eating with us ever again

BUT i  came home to a huge wedding card on the mat from all of the boys and then Josh and Hayley are telling me to close my eyes so i know i must have a pressie.

Im like "my eyes are closed but i dont want a cat" and to my relief and pleasure theyve been to Bluewater and had a wedding photo blown up huge and put onto a canvas.Its the one we both loved of me kissing Paul when the registra said "you can now kiss the groom"

Janapana i loved the wowsers trousers comment you make me laff x

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, What a lovely thing to do..... Im wanting to do something like that with our fave pic :-)

Yeah, im with you about the Wowser Trousers comment from Jo..... She is a comic :-) x

Roo - thats really lovely that they did that for you - I love a suprise!!!

Other half was fishing last night so thought i would get on with some wedding stuff as its easier when hes not around -lol!  I had paper and glue everywhere but was sorting out the stuff i have bought for the OOT bags which i bought about 6 months ago and just stuck in a box.  I have got everything from the 99p shop and have 9 to make.  I just did a sleeve thing to put round the first aid kit and a label for the playing cards.  I have tried to bring our blue and gold theme into the OOT bags as well.

I think after all these months of doing nothing I seem to be on board the wedding train now.................whoop whoop

Anyways heres a pic of my achievements - I'm off out shortly for lunch with the girls .........!!! Lunch time drinking here we come......

oot.jpg

Hi ladies, my goodness i feel like i've been away forever...quick update on family, dad is on the mend he came off the machines yesterday so that is a relief and well grandad is the same but at least he is comfortable and not in any pain.

my last post was 9 pages ago so there was loads to catch up on so sorry if i'm repeating stuff people have already said.

herbie...thanks for the reminder about the VAT increase, i haven't made any purchases yet as my wedding day feels like it's never going to come but at least i have an excuse now to start buying things, even if it is just the little odds and sods. 

Congratulations on the wedding date confirmation thewave.gif  and on ordering your rings and free necklaces.

Josie...I love the invites, you girls are so creative i'm rubbish at things like that, i think i'd better get practicing.

Nicy...I agree with the other girls about ordering your dress ASAP, the last thing you want is for there to be some sort of delay.

Roo....welcome home, you look so beautiful in your pictures, I can't wait to read your review....Congratulations Mrs!

Jo...your boy is so cute, he is going to break some hearts when he is older.  i think that you should stick with the beige suit he looks beautiful in it.

Aaaaah it's good to be back x

I'm having a bit of a dilema...the last month or so i've been swaying from the hotel that we have chosen 'The Gran Caribe Real'.  Although I liked the hotel i think i was thinking more of what would suit the majority of people and not of what we really wanted.  Basically the reason we chose this hotel is because it seemed a great family hotel and we have a fair few kids that are expected to come and it is reasonably priced, so people should be able to afford it. 

The problem is that i'm finding out that because of the price and location of this hotel it attracts loads of 'college kids' from America, Canada and Mexico every year around the time we're getting married and whilst normally it wouldn't bother me i just don't want a bunch of loud teenagers running around the hotel during my wedding week and this is what is putting me off of this hotel. 

There are also other things like it doesn't seem to cater for older people with regards to day/evening entertainment and we have nans, mums & dads coming.  They also only have 1 adults pool which is in constant use by the entertainment staff playing games like tequila volleyball so not very good for people that prefer to relax by the pool to the beach.  If it was only me and FI and we were having a 'party holiday' this would be a good hotel but not for my wedding.  I do love the wedding venues that they have but i am seriously being put off of the hotel the more i find out about it.

It is our wedding we are only going to do it once and I don't want to settle, which i have been doing because i've been thinking about what everybody else can afford and what they might want.  It has caused a few arguments between me and Wayne because he says we should go where we want and everybody else will have to like it or not come it's there choice....and i know he's right, but i just have this thing in me about having to please other people...but now i'm thinking about us.

O.K so this is what 'we' want...It has to be in Cancun because Wayne has his heart set on going there, obviously we want somewhere fun and lively but also with a bit of 'class' (not overrun with 'college kids'), a variety of restaurants, nice rooms & grounds, at least 2 pools, caters for kids (most hotels have kids club) but more importantly caters for the adults too.

I suppose we're lucky because we have time on our side as we can't book until May 2011, but there are so many hotels and i'm finding it impossible to choose. 

We've looked over hotels again and we have a couple that we like Dreams (Kerry i know you've booked there) and Riu Palace Las Americas

What hotels did you ladies choose and why?

Ok... i can totally understand where your coming from... I was the one looking at what everyone else might like and what we like... Stephen on the otherhand was like well are we getting married for us or everyone else? Were not heartless dont get me wrong but then i started think along the lines of Stephen...Actually yes we are getting married for us.... SO why am i looking for a resort for everyone else?

So we looked for what we wanted and found exactly what we wanted in the Iberostar Grand Paraiso the only problem with this is its adults only.... So we checked with stephens sis to see if she definatly would be coming as they have a wee girl, we had to check as we didnt want to change location on the fact they "might" be coming. anyway they said they were definatly coming so we looked again. So we were kinda stuck the as we were like, i thought we wanted what "WE WANTED" so along came the compromise.... I want to get married with what friends and family and i love kids and i know Amélie will make us all proud and if my sis can come (i still secretly wish) then she will have 2 kids by the time we get wed...

So we looked again and found the RIU which we fell in love with and it caters for kids too... FANTASTIC :-)

So in the end we have chose a resort to suit others BUT at the same time it also suits "US" as we want family there and i know if we stuck to our original choise then we would have been misrable on our wedding day as we wouldnt have been to have the people we wanted there and as much as were getting married for "US" we still want people who we love there to celebrate with us.

We are now so so so happy with our choice, and the more i look at the pix the more and more i know we have made the right choice...

The hardest part of all is choosing the resort i think.... we looked for 12 months + before we finally decied on what we actually wanted and what country we wanted......

So in the end the compromise actually turned out not to be a compromise after all...........

xoxo

char we chose our hotel based on other people, we basically went for the cheapest one that still came up ok on trip advisor. we needed somewhere for kids, (it´s only ours that are coming) but antony´s family don`t have a lot of money and he wouldn´t get married abroad if they couldn´t come. TBH i´ve seen a lot of lovely hotels since i´ve booked at the Tequila, and for me i wish we were going somewhere uber-luxurious, so i would say, given that you´ve got such a long time for your guests to save up, go for what YOU really want.