Jump to content

Photo

Any brides from the UK


  • Please log in to reply
3940 replies to this topic

#1301 michelle2011

michelle2011
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,301 posts

    Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:08 PM



    Originally Posted by herbie76 

    Hi, still having my nightmare with the TA, so I decided to call myself ended up having to call Miami (sensatori wedding booking department) and my WC told me my date was 2nd August 2011 at 3pm and they was just waiting for the judge to confirm. So I went and told my TA and they went mad saying she shouldn't have told me that as it's not confirmed yet. I'm making a formal complaint about the thomsons wedding department though as everytime I've spoken to them they have been so rude. :-(
    I'm so confused! :-(




    Originally Posted by *lyndsey* 

    hey herbie, we are also going to sensatori & i am also thinking about making a comlplaint about thomsons!! the actual travel agents though not the wedding department as we booked at the beginning of May and were told we'd get 12th may as our wedding date but we have only been offered 17th may and it's still not confirmed!!



    That is terrible. I would complain too. What a joke. This is your wedding NOT just a holiday. You have a right to phone and ask. If they are not doing their job properly then it should be you the one being rude to them. I would threaten to cancel the booking with them and go elsewhere. I really hope it gets sorted out for you both. So not fair to be treated that way.

     

    Kerry we are lucky we are with Bluebay (caribbean warehouse) they are lovely and treat you with top priority when you call. Really nice ppl to work with. :o)



    #1302 josietoms

    josietoms
    • Member
    • 765 posts

      Posted 10 September 2010 - 01:48 AM

      For those of you who have been having problems with Thomson - I too was battling with them for 10 months and only got my date yesterday - if you threaten to book direct with the hotel they will say thats ok if thats what you want to do - so they dont care if you do that to be honest.

       

      We ended us speaking to the head of the wedding department and they sent the senior rep for the Riviera Maya to the hotel to book it direct at the hotel.  They told me they were waiting on confirmation from the hotel so I emailed the hotel direct and got confirmation of my date within 24 hours - Thomson accused me of lying so I forwarded the email to them and they sorted it ASAP by sending the rep to the hotel. 

       

      The problem of the dates in Thomsons defence isnt their doing it is the hotels.  They will reserve the date within a couple of days of booking BUT all hotels have to wait for the local registra to confirm their availability and this is the problem!  If you book direct with a hotel they will confirm it is all sorted but this is not true they are still awaiting confirmation from the registra they just dont tell you this as they wont confirm until 6 months before the wedding unless you kick up a stink it appears.

       

      The only person who dealt with our issues and got them resolved was a lady called Diane Haselock at Thomson weddings she sorted it all out within 3 weeks whilst the rest of the divs that work there were more than useless.

       

      The reason I persisted with Thomson and didnt go to the hotel direct was if our flights are cancelled or there are any problems we are fully covered if we booked direct with the hotel we would have lost everything if we had to cancel or there was an issue with the weather due to the flights as we are going in Januaray and of course this year we had so much snow in January!

       

      We have had our flights upgraded for free - honestly persist with them we rang every day twice a day for a week and they soon knew they had to sort this out as they couldnt bear to talk to us any more!! LOL.

       

      Now my date is confirmed I finally feel like I am getting married and i should do some planning as its now only 4 months away!!!

       


      Josie x

      #1303 Soon-to-be-McRae

      Soon-to-be-McRae
      • Jr. Member
      • 157 posts

        Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:57 AM

        I haven't booked with Thomson but certainly do feel for you ladies that are having to endure all this stress just because you want to have your wedding date confirmed it seems like a total joke, hope you all get things sorted and confirmed as soon as you can

         

        Today i have booked the transport from the hotels to the venue for FI, best man, pageboys and all the guests etc people have raved about this bus as it has its own sound system and they play music and take you on a brief tour of Paphos before arriving at the venue, will be a lovely surprise for all of our guests.

         

        Bus.jpg

        Bus1.jpg

         

        Vicki x



        #1304 michelle2011

        michelle2011
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,301 posts

          Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:55 AM

          Vicki the bus looks great :o) what a nice surprise x

           

          Josie - i dont know how you stuck it. I had it the other way round. The Hotel took ages to confirm where as when i went via our TA who are superb.. they got it all confirmed as soon as. I suppose all hotels and TA's are different in that respect. Weddings are stress enough without having to ring the TA every 5mins and then to be made to feel like s**t for it! It's your wedding for gods sake dont they get that! Thomson is great for holidays but just add stress where not needed with regard to weddings. As you say though it all gets sorted in the end :o)



          #1305 josietoms

          josietoms
          • Member
          • 765 posts

            Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:01 AM

            Vicki - I love the bus its a great idea!

             

            I have arranged a suprise for FI - his best mate told me last weekend he cant afford to come as we were trying to arrange it as a suprise but his wife is nt working anymore.  However they have enough money to have an apartment built in Dubai!!  You get the idea......

             

            I told FI he had tried to come and he seemed happy with that and took it well that hes not coming. So I spoke to his brother who appears to be taking the role of 'unoffical' best man and ive asked him to do a best man speech on the day we are keeping it between just us and so then its a suprise for everyone!  Oh he will have so much dirt to spill ..........lol! x


            Josie x

            #1306 char79uk

            char79uk
            • Jr. Member
            • 262 posts

              Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:05 AM

              Hi Ladies what with everything that is going on with dad and grandad i've been away for a while, just to update you dad is getting stronger and should hopefully be off the machines soon to see if he can breath on his own but grandad is deteriorating and only has weeks now, but at least he is comfortable now and now in pain.

               

              Loads for me to catch up on:


              Josie i really love the bare foot sandals, what website did you see them on.  Excellent news about the wedding date confirmation, now the real planning can start x
               

              Herbie The BM dresses are lovely, I really love the way it sweeps over the bust and nips in at the waist and the colour is beautiful.  Regarding the TA they are taking the piss how dare they be so rude to you, this is your wedding day not just some holiday you have every right to ask as many questions and call as much as you want...i would definitley complain.
               


              Michelle lol the dreams have started, my recurring dream is that Wayne misses the flight and is chasing the plane down the runway x
               

               

              Vicki i am so glad that everything is coming together for you, the website looks fantastic and they have such good reviews, the wedding will be wonderful x


              Roo Mrs Newnham, the wedding sounds wonderful can't wait to read your review and see pictures xx
               


              General i am a little concerned about this no US dollars thing...i haven't booked my wedding yet and can't until next year April...do you think it will affect the cost of my wedding..I don't know anything about the exchange rate of pesos??


              xxx Charmaine xxx

              #1307 Soon-to-be-McRae

              Soon-to-be-McRae
              • Jr. Member
              • 157 posts

                Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:25 AM

                Hi Ladies

                 

                Regarding Dollars to Pesos....When we spoke to the TA regarding our change in wedding plans from mexico to cyprus she did mention about the change over in currency and did say it will affect the cost of things and will become quite expensive this was one of the other reasons we chose to change destination, i hope it doesn't effect you ladies to much though, also the VAT rate changes soon to 20% so that will have an affect some where surely!

                 

                We had a bit of a freak out today as the hotel we are staying in came up with no availability meaning none of our guests could book so had to get on to them as they assured us that there would be enough rooms for us all to stay at the Aliathion, our TA advised that there are only 4 rooms available but could try and get more allocations from the hotel so needless to say this has but a rocket up our guests a bit and a few people booked straight away today so up to date we have 10 adults including bride and groom and 5 kids and another 4 booking tomorrow :-)

                 

                Thank you about the bus i love it and think our guests will too, we also made a saving as the place we are getting married were offering transport for 395 euro and we got this bus on a return journey for 249 euro saving a total of 146 euro :-)

                 

                Happy, Happy, Happy :-)

                 

                Vicki x



                #1308 Nicyx

                Nicyx
                • Sr. Member
                • 2,914 posts

                  Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:45 AM



                  Originally Posted by Soon-to-be-McRae 

                  I haven't booked with Thomson but certainly do feel for you ladies that are having to endure all this stress just because you want to have your wedding date confirmed it seems like a total joke, hope you all get things sorted and confirmed as soon as you can

                   

                  Today i have booked the transport from the hotels to the venue for FI, best man, pageboys and all the guests etc people have raved about this bus as it has its own sound system and they play music and take you on a brief tour of Paphos before arriving at the venue, will be a lovely surprise for all of our guests.

                   



                  For those of you who have been having problems with Thomson - I too was battling with them for 10 months and only got my date yesterday - if you threaten to book direct with the hotel they will say thats ok if thats what you want to do - so they dont care if you do that to be honest.

                   

                  We ended us speaking to the head of the wedding department and they sent the senior rep for the Riviera Maya to the hotel to book it direct at the hotel.  They told me they were waiting on confirmation from the hotel so I emailed the hotel direct and got confirmation of my date within 24 hours - Thomson accused me of lying so I forwarded the email to them and they sorted it ASAP by sending the rep to the hotel. 

                   

                  The problem of the dates in Thomsons defence isnt their doing it is the hotels.  They will reserve the date within a couple of days of booking BUT all hotels have to wait for the local registra to confirm their availability and this is the problem!  If you book direct with a hotel they will confirm it is all sorted but this is not true they are still awaiting confirmation from the registra they just dont tell you this as they wont confirm until 6 months before the wedding unless you kick up a stink it appears.

                   

                  The only person who dealt with our issues and got them resolved was a lady called Diane Haselock at Thomson weddings she sorted it all out within 3 weeks whilst the rest of the divs that work there were more than useless.

                   

                  The reason I persisted with Thomson and didnt go to the hotel direct was if our flights are cancelled or there are any problems we are fully covered if we booked direct with the hotel we would have lost everything if we had to cancel or there was an issue with the weather due to the flights as we are going in Januaray and of course this year we had so much snow in January!

                   

                  We have had our flights upgraded for free - honestly persist with them we rang every day twice a day for a week and they soon knew they had to sort this out as they couldnt bear to talk to us any more!! LOL.

                   

                  Now my date is confirmed I finally feel like I am getting married and i should do some planning as its now only 4 months away!!!

                   


                  Thomsons wedding depart i have to agree are terrible.... "wedding department" to me in the name suggests that they deal with weddings but most times when i called you'd think i was talking in a foreign laungage or talking about something other than weddings.... as none of them seem to have a clue.... I would highly suggest (and did at one point) they put their "wedding" department on some sort of training course.... xox


                   

                  Originally Posted by josietoms 

                  Vicki - I love the bus its a great idea!

                   

                  I have arranged a suprise for FI - his best mate told me last weekend he cant afford to come as we were trying to arrange it as a suprise but his wife is nt working anymore.  However they have enough money to have an apartment built in Dubai!!  You get the idea......

                   

                  I told FI he had tried to come and he seemed happy with that and took it well that hes not coming. So I spoke to his brother who appears to be taking the role of 'unoffical' best man and ive asked him to do a best man speech on the day we are keeping it between just us and so then its a suprise for everyone!  Oh he will have so much dirt to spill ..........lol! x


                  Arrrr thats lovely Josie :-) Your FI will be so so made up x

                   

                  All this s making me want to do some sort of suprise for Stephen... Hmmm, but what?! LOL xox


                   

                  Originally Posted by char79uk 

                  Hi Ladies what with everything that is going on with dad and grandad i've been away for a while, just to update you dad is getting stronger and should hopefully be off the machines soon to see if he can breath on his own but grandad is deteriorating and only has weeks now, but at least he is comfortable now and now in pain.

                   

                  Loads for me to catch up on:


                  Josie i really love the bare foot sandals, what website did you see them on.  Excellent news about the wedding date confirmation, now the real planning can start x
                   

                  Herbie The BM dresses are lovely, I really love the way it sweeps over the bust and nips in at the waist and the colour is beautiful.  Regarding the TA they are taking the piss how dare they be so rude to you, this is your wedding day not just some holiday you have every right to ask as many questions and call as much as you want...i would definitley complain.
                   


                  Michelle lol the dreams have started, my recurring dream is that Wayne misses the flight and is chasing the plane down the runway x
                   

                   

                  Vicki i am so glad that everything is coming together for you, the website looks fantastic and they have such good reviews, the wedding will be wonderful x


                  Roo Mrs Newnham, the wedding sounds wonderful can't wait to read your review and see pictures xx
                   


                  General i am a little concerned about this no US dollars thing...i haven't booked my wedding yet and can't until next year April...do you think it will affect the cost of my wedding..I don't know anything about the exchange rate of pesos??



                  Great  news on your dad :-)  Sad news on your grandad but lovely to know he is comfortable and the very best is being done for him x  Hugs x



                  #1309 Susan'n'Dean

                  Susan'n'Dean
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 173 posts

                    Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:37 AM

                    I love the idea of the bus, looks wicked, everyone will have so much fun!



                    #1310 herbie76

                    herbie76
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 270 posts

                      Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:24 AM



                      Originally Posted by char79uk 

                      Hi Ladies what with everything that is going on with dad and grandad i've been away for a while, just to update you dad is getting stronger and should hopefully be off the machines soon to see if he can breath on his own but grandad is deteriorating and only has weeks now, but at least he is comfortable now and now in pain.

                       

                      Glad to hear that your dad is on the mend, sorry about your grandad make the most of the time you have left.

                       

                      Soon-to-be-McRae loving the bus idea

                       

                      We had a lovely family day yesterday at Chessing world of Adventures, my kids loved it my 2yr old daughter is a right thrill seeker she went on everything that she could go on even the Runaway Train!!!

                      Ive had the TA on my back everyday for copies of the emails that my WC has sent me as they still have no news!!

                      Ive got someone coming round on thursday to talk rings, looking at ordering them soon but not having them made till next year, that way we pay this years VAT prices before they go up in January.
                      Dont forget to bear this in mind ladies on your purchases VAt going up to 20% from January.

                      Hope you've all had a lovely weekend?


                      On August 2nd at 3pm at Sensatori Resort, Riviera Maya, Mexico I marry my best friend.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users