Photo

Hairdresser willing to come to resort? Riviera Maya area..

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 aleka

aleka
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:46 PM

Hi there! I was wondering if anyone knows of any hairdresser willing to travel to the resort (Iberostar Lindo) to do the bride+bridesmaids hair?

Our resort charges about $140 pp which i think is way too much!!!!

#2 avong1228

avong1228
    • 384 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:39 PM

There are, check the Riviera Maya - RM/Cancun Vendors and there are a few recommendations but they are pretty expensive as well. I know one of them are $330 just for the bride but that is hair and make up and I think another $80 or so for your bridesmaid. Something else to keep in mind is an outside vendor fee if your resort charges one.

#3 poohshek

poohshek
      • 1,456 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:46 PM

I hired Doranna for our wedding in December 2009 and would highly recommend her. Her prices are on the higher end but definitely worth it.

Freelance Italian Hair Stylist in Mexico - Doranna Hair Stylist - Playa del Carmen - Riviera Maya - Cancun - Tulum

#4 meg444

meg444
        • 153 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:30 PM

Hi Aleka,
          I am looking into hair stylist in the area as well.

I just received a quote from Doranna
          Bride - $200 USD
          Bridesmaid - $75 USD
          http://i636.photobuc....bucketfeet.jpgMeg & Mike
          Grand Palladium Resort, Riviera Maya
          December 2, 2010

#5 poohshek

poohshek
          • 1,456 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:42 PM

It would not hurt to ask if she would offer any type of discount with a bigger group.
            Hi Aleka,
            I am looking into hair stylist in the area as well.

I just received a quote from Doranna
            Bride - $200 USD
            Bridesmaid - $75 USD

#6 Jackie22

Jackie22
            • 336 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:48 PM

I booked Fernando Fuentes there is a thread somewhere on here about him.

#7 skadow

skadow
              • Banned
              • 1,853 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:52 PM

Ive been trying to weigh the benifits of an outside vendor vs the hotel vendor myself. Honestly its possible not to like the end result of either just because you don't know them and their might be some comunication bariers.

If I did an outside person. I would defently want them to do both hair and makeup. I also have a very specific look I want. I guess I could give the people at the resort a picture just as easly as i could an outside person...hard call. I look forward to seeing other referals.

#8 Ayita

Ayita
                • 861 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:49 PM

Anne-Marie Cote will also travel. You can find her at Make Me Beautiful Bride, Anne Marie Cote, Hair stylist and makeup artist for your wedding in Isla Mujeres and Cancun

#9 Micas de Miralls

Micas de Miralls
                  • 246 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:27 PM

Hello , AI hotels usually dont allow external people to their hotel ( well , you have to pay a day pass for them!) because they forced you to buy every single service in the hotel...AI policy..Good luck!

#10 mexbride83

mexbride83
                    • 309 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:59 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Micas de Miralls
                      Hello , AI hotels usually dont allow external people to their hotel ( well , you have to pay a day pass for them!) because they forced you to buy every single service in the hotel...AI policy..Good luck!
                      Micas,

That is definitely not true about all AI hotels. I asked all of the AI hotels that I seriously looked at about their policies for this, and the majority of them would allow a hairdresser/makeup artist to come for the day free of charge. The resort I chose also allows us to choose any photographer that we want without a day pass fee. I have seen from your posts that you are very against AI resorts, as your business is to work with non-AI resorts, but I don't think that you should be giving out misinformation about them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users