EXCELLENCE Resort Punta Cana - New thread started April 2010

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#11 roxy1122

roxy1122
  • Site Supporter
  • 137 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:46 PM

HI ladies! Was reading Boston Bride's review on this resort and wow!! Does anyone know how far the resort is in relation to the nearest airport(s)? is it isolated, or is it easy to get to the resort from the airport, is transportation provided by the hotel? any info would be appreciated!

I am a newbie to the site and researching where in DR i would like to get married!

#12 Boston Bride 2009

Boston Bride 2009
    • 268 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:59 PM

Roxy it is anywhere from 45 mins to an hour from the airport. you have to book transportation but are able to book for a fee through the hotel. Our TA did the transport for us.

Glad my review helped!

#13 Diva

Diva
      • 682 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:21 PM

any brides have pics of the indoor reception?? The cascade pool receptions look BEAUTIFUL and that is what we were thinking, but Nbulldog's mosquito comments make me rethink the situation...

Mosquitos seem to find me wherever I go, so the indoor option would be best. What time did your reception end inside Toscana?

#14 nbulldog19

nbulldog19
        • 103 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:47 PM

It ended about 1045ish then there was a beach party til 2am that was for the whole resort. Here is a few pictures inside the restaurant. We provided the centerpieces, bows on chairs, and starfish favors. Once the professional phots are up, I will post them
          Click the image to open in full size.

#15 Diva

Diva
          • 682 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:19 PM

Thanks!!! Can't wait to see your professional pics. Nice to know they set up a dance floor too :)

Also, I read A LOT of negative reviews on TripAdvisor about the quality of the rooms. Most say they are VERY outdated and have a mold/musty smell to them. Have any of you experienced this I am a little concerned

#16 TrvlrsChick

TrvlrsChick
            • 33 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:10 PM

Has anyone else had trouble getting PhotoSouvenir to reply? We'd like to add an extra hour on to the basic package, and would like to see what they charge for just a photo album. I don't need the painted picture. :-/

Also, when did the wedding planner start talking to you about your wedding? My fiance is supposed to be doing the planning for me, but I'm pretty sure he's not actually doing anything at the moment.

#17 Diva

Diva
              • 682 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:40 PM

YES I actually attempted to contact them SEVERAL times and they never got back to me! I ended up going with another photographer, because that is bad customer service, in my opinion.

#18 mdb

mdb
                • 190 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:11 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by nbulldog19
                  It ended about 1045ish then there was a beach party til 2am that was for the whole resort. Here is a few pictures inside the restaurant. We provided the centerpieces, bows on chairs, and starfish favors. Once the professional phots are up, I will post them
                  nbulldog, The tables at your reception look great!!! I'll have to think about something to add to my tables for color!! i can't wait to see the professional pics.

#19 mdb

mdb
                  • 190 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:14 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by TrvlrsChick
                    Has anyone else had trouble getting PhotoSouvenir to reply? We'd like to add an extra hour on to the basic package, and would like to see what they charge for just a photo album. I don't need the painted picture. :-/

Also, when did the wedding planner start talking to you about your wedding? My fiance is supposed to be doing the planning for me, but I'm pretty sure he's not actually doing anything at the moment.
                    I'm getting married in August and I haven't really heard anything from the resort! I'm not exactally sure when they will contact me. I keep sending questions but have been waiting a week for the last response. Also, I hired my own photographer from home so I'm not sure about photoSouvenir.

#20 TrvlrsChick

TrvlrsChick
                    • 33 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:53 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Diva
                      YES I actually attempted to contact them SEVERAL times and they never got back to me! I ended up going with another photographer, because that is bad customer service, in my opinion.
                      Diva, who did you go with? I'm trying to find a photographer that won't cost an arm and a leg, but who does a good job with the pictures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users