Photo

EXCELLENCE Resort Punta Cana - New thread started April 2010

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#161 Diva

Diva
  • 682 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:28 PM

She sent me a reply with attachments and asked for my food, flowers, and cake selections.  I am SUPER type A so I just wanted to let her know ahead of time so I can sleep better at night knowing its taken care of :-)

I also was in correspondence with the spa and set up the "spa retreat" for the day before the wedding. We have about 12 people getting services and we wanted to do them all at the same time.

Fmichelle, are you working with a TA at all?

Also, I thought I read earlier in this thread (or the old one) that you can ask for an upgrade and sometimes they will give it to you free! I sure am gonna try!!! LOL

Overall, the resort seems VERY accommodating for whatever requests you may have!

#162 hali_machelle

hali_machelle
    • 29 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:15 AM

Hey LADIES!! My future hubby and I will be married on the 20th & I'm so excited. Will any of you be there while we are??

#163 gamcdiarmid

gamcdiarmid
      • Site Supporter
      • 26 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:18 PM

We're going to be married on the 30th.  Don't  know if you're still going to be around.

gail

#164 hali_machelle

hali_machelle
        • 29 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:53 PM

We will arrive 17th-24th :(

#165 hali_machelle

hali_machelle
          • 29 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:15 AM

Atrott,  I can't read your review so you may or may not have answered this question there, but what type of things did you do for entertainment while at the resort. I know sun bathing on the beach is a must, but what other types of fun did you get into. My FH is easily bored with laying on the beach for multiple days at a time and we will be there 7 days. Just curious on how I'm going to keep him occupied?!?!

#166 fmichelle

fmichelle
            • 298 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:36 PM

Just thought I'd share my pre-travel brochures that just arrived from Vistaprint!  I also got a bunch of other stuff, but I figured if some of you are planning on doing pre-travel brochures, the info I included may be helpful.  I hope I didn't forget anything!  BTW, Diva, I still haven't heard back from the WC at Excellence, I know she may be busy or still be catching up on holiday stuff, but not being able to "get it in writing" is now making me a little nervous.  How long does it usually take for your WC to get back to you? Griselda has usually been pretty quick with her replies.

brochure outside.jpgbrochure inside.jpg

#167 Diva

Diva
              • 682 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:44 PM

I love the brochure!! Where did you get the resort layout map? I want to include one in the OOT bags for sure.

I usually hear back from Isyuney within 24 hours so that is strange you haven't heard :-(

#168 atrott

atrott
                • 208 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by hali_machelle 

Atrott,  I can't read your review so you may or may not have answered this question there, but what type of things did you do for entertainment while at the resort. I know sun bathing on the beach is a must, but what other types of fun did you get into. My FH is easily bored with laying on the beach for multiple days at a time and we will be there 7 days. Just curious on how I'm going to keep him occupied?!?!

My Hubby is the exact same way! If I get him to sit in the sunshine for an hour, it's a MAJOR accomplishment! There's lots of shady spots at Excellence so I did get him to spend alot longer on the beach than I thought!

We went on a snorkeling excursion one day and then a city tour of La Romana (namely the cigar factory) another day. The resort has lots going on during the day. You'll get a newsletter each evening that details the next days events so I'm sure you'll find something to get into.

#169 Diva

Diva
                  • 682 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:37 PM

Anyone do the Santo Domingo day trip? We are thinking about that one...

#170 fmichelle

fmichelle
                    • 298 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Diva 

I love the brochure!! Where did you get the resort layout map? I want to include one in the OOT bags for sure.

I usually hear back from Isyuney within 24 hours so that is strange you haven't heard :-(

My FI made it from a map we got off their website, resized it to fit well on the brochure, and then I typed up all the text on the vistaprint document.  I hope that makes sense. I've attached the map he made here:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users