Photo

EXCELLENCE Resort Punta Cana - New thread started April 2010

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#101 Showtime1111

Showtime1111
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:02 AM

I can see why your stressing 40 is alot ! I haven't sent invites, mine is going to be really small maybe 10. I think making a formal invite with a date is a great idea, maybe make it an e-vite ? Put a deadline and then send a reminder email, that may firm things up for you. But cut it off on a certain date and committ to your planning, if you have "last minutes" the WC's will help out, better paying less now and have shows then paying more with no shows :)

#102 fmichelle

fmichelle
    • 298 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:41 AM

So, we decided to "email" an invitation through our wedding website.  We really want to keep our costs down everyone we're inviting is internet savvy anyway.  I composed a cute little poem, worded it exactly like an invitation, gave a definitive deadline of mid-January (but also mentioned that rates are discounted by 25% through the end of November) added a photo of the Excellence beach wedding setting and now we've got four more booked!  So, we're now at 11 booked plus bride and groom.  Thanks for the advice everyone.

#103 fmichelle

fmichelle
      • 298 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:26 AM

It's late and I should be sleeping, but a couple questions crossed my mind...

For the ladies who've been to Excellence...how did you get to the resort? Did you book transport through your travel agent or a separate transport service, or just take a taxi?

Also, for the Excellence brides...did you get to try any of the food before choosing your menu?  My FI is really big on serving good food and wants to make sure our guests enjoy themselves.

Alright, time for sleep...zzzzzz

#104 Showtime1111

Showtime1111
        • 17 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:57 AM

I always book a private cab through a company called IBK, they are amazing (Bronyl), mini van pick up and cold drinks for your arrival :) Best service ever, they will stop in town if you want to stop at a local store, nice and private, they know the smooth roads routes, play music etc.

It's about 50 mins and the time flies as your taking in the scenary.

As for the food you really can't go wrong, the food is awesome there! If it's something special that you want, just ask for it.

They will accomodate you.

#105 Diva

Diva
          • 682 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:57 PM

yet another random question: did you ladies have to bring adapters for the outlets? I know in Europe they are different, but I am unsure about the Caribbean.

#106 Showtime1111

Showtime1111
            • 17 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:05 AM

Nope not needed.

#107 Diva

Diva
              • 682 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:19 PM

Thanks Showtime!!!

#108 mdb

mdb
                • 190 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:07 PM

The food was great at every restaurant.  There wasn't on meal that I didn't enjoy!  Actually everyone who was with us said the same!  Chez Isabelle (french) was by far the best.  My wedding meal was the greatest.  : )  

We booked the travel through the online site where we booked. : )  It was a small Van and we dropped people off at other resorts along the way. The trip was about an hour. 

#109 fmichelle

fmichelle
                  • 298 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:11 PM

Hey ladies, haven't been around for a while, but I wanted to ask the brides who have already been at Excellence how tipping worked there.  I know that the website where I booked says that "tips are included" but I noticed elsewhere on the site that people mentioned tipping and recommended it for better service.  Is that the case at Excellence? Also, did you tip the wedding coordinator as well, and if so, how much is appropriate.  As I'm finalizing some purchases, I'm trying to somewhat finalize my budget (of course I have to wait for the OOT bags as it looks like a lot of my friends are going to wait until after the new year to book).

On another note, I was wondering what you ladies thought of these shoes.  I got them in white, but could only find an online pic in brown.  I know that I want to wear some sort of heel and figured a wedge was the best way not to sink into the sand

Attached Files

#110 Diva

Diva
                    • 682 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:58 PM

Hey ladies another question.  Make up application is included in the wedding package I am getting. How good are they with make up application?  I am bringing my own MAC make up down with me, but I wanted to do lashes as well and I just want to make sure that the makeup looks ok.  What were your experiences?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users