Sign in to follow this  
karielk

Wedding Colors--What Goes With Purple?

My colors are purple and different shades of blue. I got my inspiration from an invite I saw and just ran with it! There are so many options that match with purple.

I was thinking purple too, as it's always been a favorite colour. I'm thinking plum chair bows, eggplant ribbon accents on fans, programs, candles, and then a gold table runner. I'm very undecided about the table runner colour though, I feel like getting plum would be too matchy-matchy.

I'm actually not a lime green person either, but my friend is doing a deep purple & lime green. I didn't think it would be nice, but I was at her bridal shower last weekend & surprisingly, I loved it. Her centerpieces for the tables were purple hydrangea with simple greenery, with limes cut in the bottom of the square vase. It was really pretty.

I'm doing dark purple and silver. But, my wedding is at a snow resort. I saw a picture of bridesmaids in a dark purple dress with orange gerber daisies...Looked great. So maybe orange?

I'm doing purple and orange. My sister (MOH) hasn't decided on the shade of purple she wants (I'm letting her choose, with my approval!) but I know our flowers will be a "flame" orange (from wedideas.com), similar to these:

Click the image to open in full size.