Photo

Married Chicas - what is your new name???

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#11 pineapple princess

pineapple princess
  • 168 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:23 PM

I am sooo traditional!!!

i just moved last to middle and took his name (legally). My email address finally changed and work and it is sooooo weird looking. I feel so much better that i am not the only one adjusting!! lol.

i have A LOT of friends that hyphenated! i was definitely the odd one. MY SIL hyphenated and now wished she just would have kept her maiden name. all of that prompted me to post.

the other thing i thought about too - was that i wanted to have the same last name as my children (when and if that day should come). i know i know, sooo cheesy.
    "Formerly goNDmay9"
    "so long and thanks for all the fish!"
    http://davf.daisypath.com/rkbnm5.png

#12 pineapple princess

pineapple princess
    • 168 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:25 PM

Did anyone who took their hubbys LN, keep their middle name Oddly enough, that was what i was most sad about. My first and middle name are after my parents, and i have three brothers, so i though about keeping my middle,..... but then i just went all traditional.
      "Formerly goNDmay9"
      "so long and thanks for all the fish!"
      http://davf.daisypath.com/rkbnm5.png

#13 seaprincess

seaprincess
      • 753 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:25 AM

I just added my husbands name to my name when we got married.  So now I have a first, a middle, and two last names, no hyphen.  Both of our last names are short, I didn't want to lose my last name completely, so professionally and legally I go by my first name, my last name and his last name.  Personally, I sign just his last name. 

Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

#14 AshleyL

AshleyL
        • 263 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:15 AM

I think I will keep my full name and just add his on to the end. I do know a couple that took both last names hers first then his. I thought that was kind of cool too.
          Getting married in Runaway Bay, Jamaica February 2011!!!

#15 niajs

niajs
          • 214 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:29 PM

I will definitely be taking his name. My surname is already hyphenated (thanks great grandparents!) and it's a real pain. I can't wait to just have one surname!

#16 skadow

skadow
            • Banned
            • 1,853 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:12 PM

I am taking his name.

I'll be Sara Drew

I LOVE IT. So simple and pritty, Much better then my butch german name.

#17 **Kat**

**Kat**
              • 2,682 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:56 AM

I was so happy to get rid of my last name. Not that I am not proud of my family or anything like that.. but I consider it an honor to follow in this tradition. I am happy to take his last name.. and mine was long and no one seemed to know how to spell or say it.. ever! lol

And it is important that I have the same last name as my future kids!

#18 EricaMarie

EricaMarie
                • 232 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:46 PM

I will be keeping my full name and adding his last name to mine.  I don't want to lose my family name.  I don't think many traditions related to marriage are practical anymore, so I am doing what makes me happy.  I wouldn't change my name at all but I want to have the same last name as my future children. 

#19 dmkn77

dmkn77
                  • 164 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:27 PM

I will be taking my Hubbies last name. I already have 2 middle names and couldn't imagine hyphenating. The funny thing is I'm considering removing one of my middle names while I'm doing the legal name change stuff, so I will have even LESS names! I will miss my last name, but just want to keep things simple and traditional.

#20 Aumuller

Aumuller
                    • 365 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:10 PM

This has been a sore spot for my FI and I. I have always wanted to hyphenate my name but he thinks I should just take his name. Its important to me to keep my family name. I don't have a middle name so we've made the compromise that my last name will become my middle name and I will take his last name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users