Sign in to follow this  
karielk

November 2011 Brides (or Grooms)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clgriffi7 View Post

I am a November 5, 2011 bride at Dreams Cancun.  I am not worried about having my wedding in the resort areas of Mexico.  There are several threads on here about brides worried about Mexico and there are a few themes in the responses:  the border violence is literally hundreds of miles (might even be >1000) away from Cancun/Riviera Maya.  It would be like saying you aren't going to visit Las Vegas (which is actually closer to the border) because there has been violence along the US/Mexico border.

Yeah, I try not to worry however my family and friends are telling us we should change our wedding location....its stressful because our wedding is in less than a year and its also a popular wedding date (11/11/11)

Hi everyone,

I am also getting married in November of 2011.  We'll be getting married in Playa del Carmen---we just have to settle on the date and location! 

I wanted to reassure everyone who is worried about the violence in Mexico.  It truly truly is very far away from this part of Mexico.  Although I'm originaly from the Philadelphia area, I live in Merida, Mexico ( a city about 4 hours west of Cancun) and am also frequently in the Mayan Riviera area.  It really is safe here, and the problems in the border areas are not happening here, thank God.  

-Sara :-)

Wow Gran Caribe is supposed to be stunning, you must be so excited. I too wanted 11/11/11 but our hotel didnt have availability. We are getting married at the Dreams Tulum on the 10th now. So just before you!

Have you started looking at dresses yet? I am going next week I think its going to be so much fun.

Originally Posted by Vanessa C View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrieb258 View Post

I know it is worrying but I am sure it will all be fine. We will be in the confines of a resort/hotel and it will be your wedding so it will be perfect I am sure.

Where are you getting married?

Thanks for trying to comfort me :) We're getting married at Gran Caribe Real. How about you?

Wow Gran Caribe looks stunning, you must be so excited. We also wanted 11/11/11 but our hotel didnt have availability. So we are getting married on 10th instead at Dreams Tulum.

Have you started looking for dresses? I am gonig for the first time next week it is going to be so much fun.

Originally Posted by Vanessa C View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrieb258 View Post

I know it is worrying but I am sure it will all be fine. We will be in the confines of a resort/hotel and it will be your wedding so it will be perfect I am sure.

Where are you getting married?

Thanks for trying to comfort me :) We're getting married at Gran Caribe Real. How about you?

Carrieb258: Wow that's awesome, I hope it turns out great for you. Yes, I do have my dress already lol. I bought it a few months ago because it was a great deal for a beautiful dress and I just couldn't pass it up! lol How about you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraGrey View Post

Hi everyone,

I am also getting married in November of 2011.  We'll be getting married in Playa del Carmen---we just have to settle on the date and location! 

I wanted to reassure everyone who is worried about the violence in Mexico.  It truly truly is very far away from this part of Mexico.  Although I'm originaly from the Philadelphia area, I live in Merida, Mexico ( a city about 4 hours west of Cancun) and am also frequently in the Mayan Riviera area.  It really is safe here, and the problems in the border areas are not happening here, thank God.  

-Sara :-)

We are also a 11~11~11 DW at El Dorado Royale!

We just booked our room and flights this week! Excellent airfare sell going on by the way this week! Also, after checking in with the resort we found out it is starting to book up due to the popular wedding date! Something to think about!! We passed this info on to our guests and they are all starting to get their reservations in as well. Now that we and some of our guests have booked I'm staring to get nervous, crazy, happy, stressed, all at once! EEEEK! and I still need to go dress shopping! LOL!

shots.gif

Happy Planning everyone!

Congratulations! I love the date and the location!!

Originally Posted by angi111111 View Post

We are also a 11~11~11 DW at El Dorado Royale!

We just booked our room and flights this week! Excellent airfare sell going on by the way this week! Also, after checking in with the resort we found out it is starting to book up due to the popular wedding date! Something to think about!! We passed this info on to our guests and they are all starting to get their reservations in as well. Now that we and some of our guests have booked I'm staring to get nervous, crazy, happy, stressed, all at once! EEEEK! and I still need to go dress shopping! LOL!

shots.gif

Happy Planning everyone!