Jump to content

Photo

The Now Riviera Cancun


  • Please log in to reply
2366 replies to this topic

#81 jayski

jayski
  • Newbie
  • 14 posts

    Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:16 PM

    I've also chosen the festival terrace for our dinner, Pilar sent some good pictures over, I'd be happy to share them with you.

    #82 FutureMrsHolt

    FutureMrsHolt
    • Jr. Member
    • 168 posts

      Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:18 PM

      I chose the Yellow Room for my reception. I liked it because there is a deck and a beautiful ocean view. I'm so glad to have heard someone has been to the Jade and loved it. That just made my night knowing that it was a beautiful as the pictures and the service was nice. I'm so happy to have more brides join this board so we can plan together!! I was beginning to feel lonely! I'm bummed I also have to wait a year. As far as the menu for dinner goes I haven't picked one yet. I was hoping since we are going to have at least 55 coming that we might be able to do a buffet. We are so simple that it would be great for us and some of our guests are kinda picky! More meat and potatoes people if you know what I mean!!!

      #83 lisadias

      lisadias
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,116 posts

        Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:22 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by FutureMrsHolt
        I chose the Yellow Room for my reception. I liked it because there is a deck and a beautiful ocean view. I'm so glad to have heard someone has been to the Jade and loved it. That just made my night knowing that it was a beautiful as the pictures and the service was nice. I'm so happy to have more brides join this board so we can plan together!! I was beginning to feel lonely! I'm bummed I also have to wait a year. As far as the menu for dinner goes I haven't picked one yet. I was hoping since we are going to have at least 55 coming that we might be able to do a buffet. We are so simple that it would be great for us and some of our guests are kinda picky! More meat and potatoes people if you know what I mean!!!
        Future MrsHolt
        I was told by Pillar that only a group of more than 50 can have buffet so you should be fine to go with that option. I chose the pergola for the wedding, blue beach bar for the cocktails and so far the pergola for dinner also. i never really got a good picture of the yellow room. It was very blurry and dark and i couldn't see outside. Could you send me a pic of the yellow room. I am getting married April 26th so i will be able to give you some feedback after my wedding that will hopefully help with the last minute planning. I'll be sure to take alot of pics. Does anyone know the name of the photographer that the resort is using?

        #84 Amiep603

        Amiep603
        • Jr. Member
        • 184 posts

          Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:48 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by jayski
          I've also chosen the festival terrace for our dinner, Pilar sent some good pictures over, I'd be happy to share them with you.
          I would love to see the pictures!! can you please email them to me at
          amiep603@yahoo.com

          thanks so much!!

          #85 Amiep603

          Amiep603
          • Jr. Member
          • 184 posts

            Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:56 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by lisadias
            Future MrsHolt
            I was told by Pillar that only a group of more than 50 can have buffet so you should be fine to go with that option. I chose the pergola for the wedding, blue beach bar for the cocktails and so far the pergola for dinner also. i never really got a good picture of the yellow room. It was very blurry and dark and i couldn't see outside. Could you send me a pic of the yellow room. I am getting married April 26th so i will be able to give you some feedback after my wedding that will hopefully help with the last minute planning. I'll be sure to take alot of pics. Does anyone know the name of the photographer that the resort is using?
            they use a guy named Fernando at Positive Photos. Here is the website:
            FotĀ³grafos especializados bodas sesiones books | Positive Photo Studio

            I have chosen to bring my own photographer. I found it difficult to change or up grade from the 20 photos.

            #86 SKing24

            SKing24
            • Jr. Member
            • 265 posts

              Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:38 AM

              Are you girls using a travel agent or doing everything right through the hotel? I have been using a TA...which has been great...but I feel like you all have more information than me. I do have Pilar's email so I wonder if I should be contacting her directly. For the girls with 2011 weddings, have you already talked to Pilar about budgets and swapping certain things in the packages for others??
              Erin & Shane ~ Now Jade Riviera Cancun ~ May 6, 2011

              #87 FutureMrsHolt

              FutureMrsHolt
              • Jr. Member
              • 168 posts

                Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:31 AM

                I'm using a local travel agent to help me with my travel stuff. She got some really good rates. Unfortunately the airfare isn't out yet for June travel so I'm having to wait on that but Apple Vacations is having a great deal now you might want to talk to your TA about. After searching I found that I was getting a MUCH better deal thru my TA then thru booking at the hotel.

                Lisadias- Give me your email and I will send you all the pictures that I have.

                #88 Amiep603

                Amiep603
                • Jr. Member
                • 184 posts

                  Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:40 AM

                  I have a TA as well but she is only handeling the hotel and air bookings. I stated my comunication with Pilar through my TA but Pilar wanted to deal directly with the bride because there are so many little details you need to work out and going through the third person is tuff. My wedding is Fed 2011 and I have given the deposit to the hotel so I deffinetly have the date and wedding location reserved, now its just time to choose all the little details. I want to start counting down the days but its well over 200 lol

                  #89 21aholden

                  21aholden
                  • Newbie
                  • 64 posts

                    Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:22 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by FutureMrsHolt
                    I'm using a local travel agent to help me with my travel stuff. She got some really good rates. Unfortunately the airfare isn't out yet for June travel so I'm having to wait on that but Apple Vacations is having a great deal now you might want to talk to your TA about. After searching I found that I was getting a MUCH better deal thru my TA then thru booking at the hotel.

                    Lisadias- Give me your email and I will send you all the pictures that I have.
                    Can I ask what your group rate per night was? We are waiting to hear back from our TA but I'm so anxious! We visited the resort and LOVED it but everything is kind of riding on the group rate.
                    Ashley & Jeremy 6/16/2011

                    #90 FutureMrsHolt

                    FutureMrsHolt
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 168 posts

                      Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:50 PM

                      We aren't really getting a group rate just a deal on free rooms. Have your TA ask about the promo with Apple. I don't know what it's called I just know for every so many rooms booked you get one free. Check into it :) I don't know if it's still going on but it's worth a shot.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users