Photo

The Now Riviera Cancun

• Please log in to reply
2366 replies to this topic

#51 Tracysab

Tracysab
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:40 AM

Hi ladies! This is my first post on here. I am recently engaged and we are getting married at Now Jade in October (of this year)-so it's kind of quick.

I have a huge book of information from Pilar-the WC. If anyone wants it-just email me at TSabrsula@gmail.com. It's probably close to 40 pages long and gives lots of options and prices-like locations, menus, flowers, etc.

The planning process with Pilar has been hit or miss. Sometimes she responds right away to every question I have-other times I have waited over a week and then only part of my questions are answered.

I can tell you that even though she is sometimes hard to get in touch with-she is pretty flexible with your wants/needs for the wedding. For example, I am bringing in an outside photographer (which is fine-you just have to get them a $65 guest pass). Since the package I purchased already included their own photographer-she let me swap that for the carribean trio that will now play during the cocktail hour. It was no additional charge-just a clean trade.

I also wasn't crazy about some of the flower options-so I sent her pictures of different flower ideas. I just wanted something more colorful and tropical. She said they can work with the new colors/flowers and try to stay within the original price.

The one thing she wouldn't budge on was prices for live entertainment. I was interested in adding a live salsa band-the resort qutoes it as $1500 per 45 minutes! I thought that was a little crazy-but she said that price was pretty set. So no salsa band for me! lol I'm not sure what they would charge to bring in an outside band.

Oh yeah-in case you are interested in their photographer-she told me they use a guy named Fernando at Positive Photos. Here is the website:
    FotĀ³grafos especializados bodas sesiones books | Positive Photo Studio

I'm not going to lie-the website does not leave much of an impression-which is why I decided to bring in my own. Also-when I tried to contact him for pricing on additional photos and hours-he never responded. It has been about 3 weeks since I emailed.

I'm sure there are a million more things I can share on here about my experience so far in planning. We are in the middle of working out our final quote with Pilar so I've had tons of emails back and forth with her lately with more specific questions.

Oh yeah-and we are getting married on the Pergola and using the Festival Terrace for the reception. Will have abotu 50 guests.

That's another thing. The most people included in any of their packages are 25 people-so if you have more than that like we do-it will take a little bit more coordinating and negotiating to figure out final prices for everyone.

We are also extending the reception for an extra 2 hours. The extra cost for the dj per hour is $350. As of now-Pilar has not charged for the extra 2 hours of bar service-so hopefully, that part stays firm. If not-it gets kind of pricey. It's $15 per person per hour....i'd rather just give the bartender a really great tip to stay there!

Anyway-let me know if you have anymore specific questions. Hope this helps!

#52 SKing24

SKing24
    • 265 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:38 PM

I'm a May 6, 2011 bride at Now Jade!!! Tracy I'd love all the info. I'll email you.
      Erin & Shane ~ Now Jade Riviera Cancun ~ May 6, 2011

#53 Amiep603

Amiep603
      • 184 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:49 PM

I have been working with Pilar too and i feel the same way!! I was thinking about using an out side photographer as well, who are you using??

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Tracysab
        Hi ladies! This is my first post on here. I am recently engaged and we are getting married at Now Jade in October (of this year)-so it's kind of quick.

I have a huge book of information from Pilar-the WC. If anyone wants it-just email me at TSabrsula@gmail.com. It's probably close to 40 pages long and gives lots of options and prices-like locations, menus, flowers, etc.

The planning process with Pilar has been hit or miss. Sometimes she responds right away to every question I have-other times I have waited over a week and then only part of my questions are answered.

I can tell you that even though she is sometimes hard to get in touch with-she is pretty flexible with your wants/needs for the wedding. For example, I am bringing in an outside photographer (which is fine-you just have to get them a $65 guest pass). Since the package I purchased already included their own photographer-she let me swap that for the carribean trio that will now play during the cocktail hour. It was no additional charge-just a clean trade.

I also wasn't crazy about some of the flower options-so I sent her pictures of different flower ideas. I just wanted something more colorful and tropical. She said they can work with the new colors/flowers and try to stay within the original price.

The one thing she wouldn't budge on was prices for live entertainment. I was interested in adding a live salsa band-the resort qutoes it as $1500 per 45 minutes! I thought that was a little crazy-but she said that price was pretty set. So no salsa band for me! lol I'm not sure what they would charge to bring in an outside band.

Oh yeah-in case you are interested in their photographer-she told me they use a guy named Fernando at Positive Photos. Here is the website:
        FotĀ³grafos especializados bodas sesiones books | Positive Photo Studio

I'm not going to lie-the website does not leave much of an impression-which is why I decided to bring in my own. Also-when I tried to contact him for pricing on additional photos and hours-he never responded. It has been about 3 weeks since I emailed.

I'm sure there are a million more things I can share on here about my experience so far in planning. We are in the middle of working out our final quote with Pilar so I've had tons of emails back and forth with her lately with more specific questions.

Oh yeah-and we are getting married on the Pergola and using the Festival Terrace for the reception. Will have abotu 50 guests.

That's another thing. The most people included in any of their packages are 25 people-so if you have more than that like we do-it will take a little bit more coordinating and negotiating to figure out final prices for everyone.

We are also extending the reception for an extra 2 hours. The extra cost for the dj per hour is $350. As of now-Pilar has not charged for the extra 2 hours of bar service-so hopefully, that part stays firm. If not-it gets kind of pricey. It's $15 per person per hour....i'd rather just give the bartender a really great tip to stay there!

Anyway-let me know if you have anymore specific questions. Hope this helps!

#54 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:02 PM

I also wanted to chime in the the NOW Jade was called NH Riviera Cancun. The wedding department was run by Sandra Casillas who used to be the WC at Dreams Tulum so she is very experienced. She is currently on maternity leave and Pilar is working as the WC.

I just had a bride get married there at the end of may.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#55 Tracysab

Tracysab
        • 66 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 11:10 AM

I haven't decided on a photographer yet. Trying to narrow down my options-although I probably need to figure that out in the next week or so since the wedding is only 4 months away.

Also-my travel agent/wedding coordinator has a bride getting married there this weekend and she said she'll let me know how everything goes. She knows how frustrated I've been at times with the lack of communication with the resort WC. I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt right now since I'm sure there are weddings going on all the time in the summer...so we'll see. I'll post an update with any helpful info my travel agent gives me after this next wedding.

#56 SKing24

SKing24
          • 265 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:03 PM

I dont know if I'm doing something wrong but I can't find any wedding reviews on NH Riviera Cancun or on Now Jade. Has anyone seen any reviews posted on the forum?
            Erin & Shane ~ Now Jade Riviera Cancun ~ May 6, 2011

#57 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 27 June 2010 - 04:37 PM

here is the review from my bride that got married end of may at NOW Jade.

http://bestdestinati....8/#post1341730

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#58 magirl

magirl
            • 198 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:40 AM

Can anyone tell the differences between the two?

#59 FutureMrsHolt

FutureMrsHolt
              • 168 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:36 PM

I'm working on booking Ivan Luckie for my photographer. He did a friend of mine's wedding and TTD and it was beautiful!!! My FMIL is doing a site visit on September 27th. Thanks for the link to the review Tammy.

#60 Amiep603

Amiep603
                • 184 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:56 PM

Do you know when Sandra is due to return? My wedding is at the jade in feb 11.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users