Photo

The Now Riviera Cancun

• Please log in to reply
2366 replies to this topic

#391 SKing24

SKing24
  • 265 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:03 AM

Kara, I emailed Pilar yesterday about the centerpieces...I'll let you know when I hear back.

I'm getting married on the beach too...and Pilar said it includes the canopy

Originally Posted by Kara80 

Can we request the DJ to play an hour longer the night of the event for the same price we paid upfront? I'm not sure if I need three hours or four.

Did anyone get clarification on how many centerpieces are provided in the Eternity package?  If it's only one I might use my flowers and the bridesmaid flowers as centerpieces.

I'm getting married on the beach. Does that package include the cost to set up the for the wooden four post canopy on the beach?

Erin & Shane ~ Now Jade Riviera Cancun ~ May 6, 2011

#392 sherribritt

sherribritt
    • 55 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:50 PM

I am still on the fence between Dreams Tulum and NOW Jade Riviera Resort. Have any of you considered both resorts and, if so, what did you see as the pros and cons of each and why did you prefer one over the other?

Thanks! I'll be so glad when I finally choose a spot for my wedding in August of next year. I'm just so nervous about making the right choice for myself and also for my guests who will likely be spending their vacation time/money to attend my wedding.

:) Sherri

#393 sherribritt

sherribritt
      • 55 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:54 PM

Also, if any of you hired a photographer from the states to go to the resort to photograph your wedding, who did you use and about how much did it cost?

#394 primavera

primavera
        • 428 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by sherribritt 

I am still on the fence between Dreams Tulum and NOW Jade Riviera Resort. Have any of you considered both resorts and, if so, what did you see as the pros and cons of each and why did you prefer one over the other?

Thanks! I'll be so glad when I finally choose a spot for my wedding in August of next year. I'm just so nervous about making the right choice for myself and also for my guests who will likely be spending their vacation time/money to attend my wedding.

I never considered Dreams, but I don't remember why..hmm...maybe it is really big? However, I considered many other resorts and Now Jade was the one that had everything I wanted, I considered: price, size of resort, ceremony locations, kids allowed, no wristbands, private beach, location etc. I almost went with Gran Porto Real but I didn't like that they have wristbands for guests and no private beach. It was very important to me to find an affordable resort for my guests but at the same time something that seemed nice.

I know how hard this decision is, I was so happy when I finally made a decision and then I had to make the decision for the date & time, which turned out to be even harder haha!

April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

#395 SKing24

SKing24
          • 265 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:42 AM

I considered all of the Dreams Resorts...i really liked them all.  When it came down to Dreams Tulum and the Now resorts for me, I considered my guests who are only coming for 3 days.  The Tulum resort can take 2 hours to get to from the airport on the shuttle (if there are any other stops), and Now Jade is only 20 minutes away.  I didnt want people spending 4 hours of their time in 3 days just getting to and from the airport...especially after they just flew all this way for us.  That was really all it came down to though.  So if you dont have people making short trips, I think they're both really awesome. 

Erin & Shane ~ Now Jade Riviera Cancun ~ May 6, 2011

#396 sherribritt

sherribritt
            • 55 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:11 AM

Thanks, SKing24. That is a really good point since I will also have a few quests who are only going to stay 3 nights.

Primavera, thanks for your input. I am also looking for those same things for my guests. I just want them to have fun since they are making a vacation out of it.

#397 Amiep603

Amiep603
              • 184 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:23 AM

Sherribritt, I am bringing my own photographer form NH for my wedding. I just had to pay for their airfair and 3 nights at the Jade and they are going to take pictures the whole 3 days including a TTD

#398 biehnbag

biehnbag
                • 29 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:29 PM

I've been to both resorts and I am getting married at Jade in November!

#399 Kara80

Kara80
                  • 38 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by SKing24 

Kara, I emailed Pilar yesterday about the centerpieces...I'll let you know when I hear back.

I'm getting married on the beach too...and Pilar said it includes the canopy

Thank you. I shooting for June 22.

#400 Kara80

Kara80
                    • 38 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:56 AM

I was torn too. Did you look at traveler pictures on www.tripadvisor.com ? I don't pay much attention to the reviews on there, I just look at the pictures.

I decided on NOW Jade because it's much closer for my guests to the airport. Not everyone will stay the full 7 days like us. I also like the two infinity pools at NOW Jade. I have one guest who can't make it to the beach due to being in a wheel chair. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users