Jump to content

Photo

The Now Riviera Cancun


  • Please log in to reply
2366 replies to this topic

#2111 Chantal 1979

Chantal 1979
  • Newbie
  • 18 posts

    Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:27 PM

    Hi everyone!

     

    I will be at Now Jade tomorrow!!! Can't believe it's already here.

     

    I saw a few questions I can probably help answer. as far as food goes for the private dinners, there are the divine and eternity options (4 entree choices in total) and your guests can choose their entree in advance for free, on the spot for an extra $30 per person. There are 3 vegetarian menu options as well as a gluten free menu. Kids menu is choice of tomato soup or fruit cocktail, chicken fingers and fries or spaghetti, chocolate cake or ice cream.

     

    I am bringing a lot of my own decor, but am splitting it between 5 people to help me bring it. The cost of decor if you get it there is through the roof, so if you're money conscious I would say find a way to bring at least some of it yourself.

     

    For music we have a bridal party/parents processional song, bridal processional song and recessional - all with lyrics. I think the music is just a personal choice, it's more traditional to go with instrumental though.

     

    I promise to post a full review when I get home and let you know the ins and outs of my experience. Congrats all you brides and happy planning!!



    #2112 khunt29

    khunt29
    • Jr. Member
    • 351 posts

      Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:54 AM

      Hi Nikki,

       

      I know 3 people who've been to Jade over the past year and they all say it was FANTASTIC! 

      As far as timeshares, I think you get hounded no matter where you go; we wnt to PV last yr and they didn't seem too bad on the actual resort, but when we went into Bucerias and into PV city, the ppl were everywhere. Yiou just have to be forceful but polite!  It's frustrating, but usually if you tel lthem no righ toff the bat, they leave you alone...
       

      Originally Posted by MissNikki 

      Hello all I am looking at getting married here but I am worried about the reviews on trip advisor.   They say that they are making u buy bottles of wine to eat in la carets ....  And tat people are getting hounded with timeshares ---  anythoughts

       



       

      Attached Files



      #2113 khunt29

      khunt29
      • Jr. Member
      • 351 posts

        Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:56 AM

        Chantal, have so much fun! Can't wait to see/hear all about it!!!!
         

        Originally Posted by Chantal 1979 

        Hi everyone!

         

        I will be at Now Jade tomorrow!!! Can't believe it's already here.

         

        I saw a few questions I can probably help answer. as far as food goes for the private dinners, there are the divine and eternity options (4 entree choices in total) and your guests can choose their entree in advance for free, on the spot for an extra $30 per person. There are 3 vegetarian menu options as well as a gluten free menu. Kids menu is choice of tomato soup or fruit cocktail, chicken fingers and fries or spaghetti, chocolate cake or ice cream.

         

        I am bringing a lot of my own decor, but am splitting it between 5 people to help me bring it. The cost of decor if you get it there is through the roof, so if you're money conscious I would say find a way to bring at least some of it yourself.

         

        For music we have a bridal party/parents processional song, bridal processional song and recessional - all with lyrics. I think the music is just a personal choice, it's more traditional to go with instrumental though.

         

        I promise to post a full review when I get home and let you know the ins and outs of my experience. Congrats all you brides and happy planning!!



         



        #2114 khunt29

        khunt29
        • Jr. Member
        • 351 posts

          Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:58 AM

          Hi Brides,

           

          Pilar has sent me all the menu options, including children and veg/gluten-free.  If anyone would like a pdf, just send me a DM on here with your email & I will send to you.  We found them really helpful in planning our website, because ppl can RSVP and select their meal option right on the site!!

           



          #2115 kitkat863

          kitkat863
          • Jr. Member
          • 243 posts

            Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:13 AM


            I have heard about the the timeshares but I think that can happen anywhere you go! I have never heard anything about having to buy a bottle of wine to eat in the a la cart places. I think that you just need to not be too worried about the negative reviews because most of the time people are only going to put the negative. Also, a lot of the negative reviews are not too much of issue for me because I think that some people are overly critical of places. Most of the reviews are fantastic so I don't think you should worry! Good luck in your search! :)

             

            Quote:

            Originally Posted by MissNikki 

            Hello all I am looking at getting married here but I am worried about the reviews on trip advisor.   They say that they are making u buy bottles of wine to eat in la carets ....  And tat people are getting hounded with timeshares ---  anythoughts

             



             



            #2116 kitkat863

            kitkat863
            • Jr. Member
            • 243 posts

              Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:15 AM


              Have so much fun!!! I can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures! :)
               

              Originally Posted by Chantal 1979 

              Hi everyone!

               

              I will be at Now Jade tomorrow!!! Can't believe it's already here.

               

              I saw a few questions I can probably help answer. as far as food goes for the private dinners, there are the divine and eternity options (4 entree choices in total) and your guests can choose their entree in advance for free, on the spot for an extra $30 per person. There are 3 vegetarian menu options as well as a gluten free menu. Kids menu is choice of tomato soup or fruit cocktail, chicken fingers and fries or spaghetti, chocolate cake or ice cream.

               

              I am bringing a lot of my own decor, but am splitting it between 5 people to help me bring it. The cost of decor if you get it there is through the roof, so if you're money conscious I would say find a way to bring at least some of it yourself.

               

              For music we have a bridal party/parents processional song, bridal processional song and recessional - all with lyrics. I think the music is just a personal choice, it's more traditional to go with instrumental though.

               

              I promise to post a full review when I get home and let you know the ins and outs of my experience. Congrats all you brides and happy planning!!



               



              #2117 MrsMom

              MrsMom
              • Newbie
              • 35 posts

                Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:07 PM


                I'm not sure why she would have told you that considering that they have options for you to rent as far as table linens, chair sashes, center pieces, etc.  I'm bringing table runners and maybe tissue pomanders but other than that, I am planning on heading to walmart in Playa to pick up vases for center pieces.  I could maybe pack those too but I really don't want to and I am positive that I can find something worth while there. 
                 

                Originally Posted by JIACwed 

                Hi, My wedding is less than 3 months away and I am starting to think about decor and setup ect. Are most people bringing their own centrepieces, room decor, cake cutter, ect? I have no other family members flying out from my city so I would have to bring this all down myself and its going to be alot.  I have heard some people say that they brought nothing and they did a great job at making the room look nice but when I asked Ana she said they don't decorate?  Any suggestions??



                 



                #2118 kitkat863

                kitkat863
                • Jr. Member
                • 243 posts

                  Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:03 AM

                  Good Morning Ladies! I am getting confused looking at the menus for the Eternity and Devine Packages. When I send out the invites I want to have everyone pick their meal. Do I give them all 4 options for main course (veggie and gluten free also if needed) or do I narrow the choices down and have them pick from 2 or 3? What is everyone else doing? Thanks!! :)



                  #2119 MirandaandJedd

                  MirandaandJedd
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 27 posts

                    Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:54 AM



                    Originally Posted by kitkat863 

                    Good Morning Ladies! I am getting confused looking at the menus for the Eternity and Devine Packages. When I send out the invites I want to have everyone pick their meal. Do I give them all 4 options for main course (veggie and gluten free also if needed) or do I narrow the choices down and have them pick from 2 or 3? What is everyone else doing? Thanks!! :)



                    We decided to offer two different main courses. All other courses will be same for everyone. Ana said as long as I gave her the number of each main course before hand there will be no extra charge. I was afraid to offer to many options because people usually forget and want something else by the time we get there.

                     



                    #2120 all the love

                    all the love
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 133 posts

                      Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:32 PM

                      Yeah, the video was still only 25 minutes. I don't feel like there was much that wasn't in the video though. We only paid for one extra hour of filming, but if you paid for more I can see how there might be stuff left out. I actually didn't mind that the camera was still for the whole ceremony, it was nice to be able to watch it, and our photographers did a great job capturing things from other angles.
                       

                      Originally Posted by jacqjade View Post


                      Hi! I just have a question about your DVD...when u paid for the extra hour on top of the package..was your video still just 25 min long? Cuz I had done the sme and was told that they FILM for longer..but the video isn't longer. Also, I was disappointed that 15 min. of the video was the ceremony where the camera was completely still.



                       



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users