The Now Riviera Cancun

• Please log in to reply
2366 replies to this topic

#1471 Mia2011

Mia2011
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 06:57 AM

Hi Amy,

When I booked through my travel agent I paid a hold deposit of $200 pp for a certain number of people (that we knew for sure would be coming) and then that amount of money came off our final trip total.

Originally Posted by AmyG 

Question....I have been working with a Travel Agent to help organize all of the travel info for my DW.  My TA just told me today that in order for me to hold a good number of rooms I have to put down thousands of dollars for a 'hold deposit' with the resort.  Has anyone else had to go through this yet?...I was just wondering if this is normal. 

#1472 snl2011

snl2011
    • 67 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 07:41 AM

We paid a deposit of $2500 to reserve a block of 25 rooms (both preferred and non).  That deposit goes toward mine and my FI hotel stay and can also go toward whoever else's rooms we want.

Question....I have been working with a Travel Agent to help organize all of the travel info for my DW.  My TA just told me today that in order for me to hold a good number of rooms I have to put down thousands of dollars for a 'hold deposit' with the resort.  Has anyone else had to go through this yet?...I was just wondering if this is normal. 

#1473 SKing24

SKing24
      • 265 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 08:14 AM

Kara,

There are a bunch of locally owned stores/markets in Playa too so I think I'll check them out.  I wanted to go into Playa anyway, so i think i'll spend a morning shopping around for cute centerpiece ideas.  I'm going down 4 days before my wedding though so I have more time.  But if you think you can get into Playa for a few hours I dont think you'll have trouble finding anything.

There's also the option of asking Pilar/Ana if you can "rent" vases from them.  They'll allow you to do that for a lot cheaper than paying for the centerpieces.  Then you'll just to have find flowers or candles to put in them.

Amy,

It's standard to have to put down a deposit for all the rooms.  My FI and I booked 40 rooms in the block because we had no idea how many people would come...so we had to put down $4000.  Only 26 rooms booked so we just had to release the other 14 rooms by a certain date to get the money back. 

Erin & Shane ~ Now Jade Riviera Cancun ~ May 6, 2011

#1474 jen83rn

jen83rn
        • 6 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 08:57 AM

We also put money down to hold rooms....$1600 for 16 rooms

#1475 Cherms

Cherms
          • 24 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 11:43 AM

Amie-

Love your photos.  You all look beautiful! Are the groom and groomsmen wearing linen pants?  If so, where did they get them?  I have one of my girlfriends looking for the the men's attire, and I'm not sure that she has found linen pants yet.

Thanks so much!

Jen

Originally Posted by Amiep603 

IMMM BACK!!! It was AMAZING!!! Everything was perfecto!!! best week of our lives for sure!!! My photographer posted a few of our pictures on their blog if you want to check them out it is www.hinkleyphotoblog.com we should be the first ones but it not the names are Amie & Mark

#1476 Cherms

Cherms
            • 24 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 11:53 AM

Hi Amy -

We had to place a $1000 deposit to hold a block of 30 rooms.  Our guests have until 60 days before the wedding to book at which time they will release the remaining rooms and use the deposit towards our stay.  Hope this helps.

Jen

#1477 Amiep603

Amiep603
              • 184 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 05:05 PM

Thank you!! Yea they are wearing linen pants.....I bought them in the summer time from Old Navy I know if I waited till a few monthe before I wouldnt be able to have a selection really

Originally Posted by Cherms 

Amie-

Love your photos.  You all look beautiful! Are the groom and groomsmen wearing linen pants?  If so, where did they get them?  I have one of my girlfriends looking for the the men's attire, and I'm not sure that she has found linen pants yet.

Thanks so much!

Jen

#1478 Shannon801

Shannon801
                • 6 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:05 PM

Could someone also email me the wedding packet?  I'd really like to take a look at it to see what type of options are available  :-)  My email is corleysn@yahoo.com

Thanks!

#1479 AmyG

AmyG
                  • 189 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:34 AM

Thank you girls for easing my mind about the deposit.  I have been asked to put down $5500, it's a lot of money to put out so I just wanted to be sure everyone went through this same situation.  I'm going to go ahead and put down the deposit to be sure I can get the good rate for my guests and have the rooms set aside.  Thanks!!!!!

#1480 Cherms

Cherms
                    • 24 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:32 PM

Thanks!  And so happy that Old Navy has online shopping! :-)

Originally Posted by Amiep603 

Thank you!! Yea they are wearing linen pants.....I bought them in the summer time from Old Navy I know if I waited till a few monthe before I wouldnt be able to have a selection really

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users