Photo

The Now Riviera Cancun

• Please log in to reply
2366 replies to this topic

#131 Mischaka

Mischaka
  • 969 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:48 AM

With this resort I'm not sure if I will bring too much with me...definitely the OOT bags but as for as centerpieces and wedding favors...probably not. Because it will be the difference of paying the resort or having an extra bag of luggage that I will have to pay for at the airport with the things that I bought.

oh and i've done some "googling" to see if there were people having a wedding on my day...and I did find one..*sigh* and there was another one but it could have very well been the same couple. I'm hoping it's the same couple since the resorts does 2 weddings a day. *crosses fingers and legs and eyes*

#132 SKing24

SKing24
    • 265 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:10 PM

I am doing OOT bags for the guests, and with 65-80 guests it's going to be so much stuff! I have no idea how we'll get it down. And I want to do a sand ceremony too so i guess i'll have to find a way to fit the vases. I would love to bring my own decorations but i wont have any room. I'm thinking maybe chair sashes for the ceremony since they cost $4-5 a chair if you purchase them through the hotel.

Has anyone thought about doing the TTD session? I never heard of it before joining this forum but the more I think about it, the more I love the idea.
      Erin & Shane ~ Now Jade Riviera Cancun ~ May 6, 2011

#133 FutureMrsHolt

FutureMrsHolt
      • 168 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:01 PM

I'm planning on doing one. I think the photos are so intimate and beautiful. I can't wait for that part!!

#134 Mischaka

Mischaka
        • 969 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:01 PM

A TTD is one thing i've been looking for while searching for a photog. I want one so who ever I chose will have to be willing to do a TTD session.

#135 jen.eastman

jen.eastman
          • 12 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:53 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by SKing24
            I am doing OOT bags for the guests, and with 65-80 guests it's going to be so much stuff! I have no idea how we'll get it down. And I want to do a sand ceremony too so i guess i'll have to find a way to fit the vases. I would love to bring my own decorations but i wont have any room. I'm thinking maybe chair sashes for the ceremony since they cost $4-5 a chair if you purchase them through the hotel.

Has anyone thought about doing the TTD session? I never heard of it before joining this forum but the more I think about it, the more I love the idea.
            Any ideas for what you are putting in the OOT bags?

#136 SKing24

SKing24
            • 265 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:04 PM

I am very over-anxious so I already ordered a lot for the OOT bags. We're doing travel sized sunscreen, spf 30 lip balm, beach-scented yankee candles, aluminum water bottles, travel packs of tylenol, a bottle of tums, and hand sanitizer. We might order beer koozies too. And then we'll put a welcome/thank you letter in there and a share your photos card.

#137 Amiep603

Amiep603
              • 184 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:58 AM

I just got my final qoute from Pilar yay!! So now I have most of the details worked out!! Ceremony on the beach, cocktails at Blue Beach Bar, Dinner on Festival Terrace. I chose the Divine package but I liked the Eternity food better so I upgraded the food. I also wanted the canopy for the ceremony you see in most of the pictures, but I think it was listed at $400 to $600 YIKES!! But I was able to get the canpoy with out the flowers and orange chair bows for much much less! As I said before I am bringing my own photographers so I was able it swap the hotel photographer for the Caribean Trio to play during the cocktail hour woohoo!! Now I just have to choose the flowers and the cake.....Feb 11 here I come!!

#138 SKing24

SKing24
                • 265 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:07 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Amiep603
                  I just got my final qoute from Pilar yay!! So now I have most of the details worked out!! Ceremony on the beach, cocktails at Blue Beach Bar, Dinner on Festival Terrace. I chose the Divine package but I liked the Eternity food better so I upgraded the food. I also wanted the canopy for the ceremony you see in most of the pictures, but I think it was listed at $400 to $600 YIKES!! But I was able to get the canpoy with out the flowers and orange chair bows for much much less! As I said before I am bringing my own photographers so I was able it swap the hotel photographer for the Caribean Trio to play during the cocktail hour woohoo!! Now I just have to choose the flowers and the cake.....Feb 11 here I come!!

How many guests are you expecting? And how much did she charge for the chair bows?

#139 lisadias

lisadias
                  • 1,116 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:19 PM

Hi Amie

That's great. Congrats! I am still working out the details with Pillar. How many people are you having at the wedding? Did they give you any special deals on the food or the cocktail/hors d'oeuvre hour?Do you think they would swap the photographer for longer videography? Did they throw in anything at all for free and if so what items. I am going with the Divine package also but like the eternity food better. What did they charge you for downgrade the food? Also it states in this package you get corsages for the maid of honor and bridesmaid but did you find out anything about a bridesmaid bouquet and what they look like? Any help or advice would be appreciated as i am right in the middle of the quote process.

Thanks again and I hope you post lots of pics after the wedding?

#140 Mischaka

Mischaka
                    • 969 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:20 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Amiep603
                      I was thinking of choosing the devine package but I was trying to figure out if it's worth it.

was Feb 11 the first date you chose??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users